Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 458. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Hey Claymore, ever since I've started to use the new v8, I've been facing many crashes while using Photoshop or any other such software. It's really annoying and I've tried all the possible intensities as well as other overclocking stuff, but unable to fix it. One thing I've done along the usage of your new version is the driver update. Do you think that it could be happening because of the new driver version of Crimson or is it any known issue of your new miner's version?

Using RX 480's by the way...

Dude, you can't mine and use photoshop on the same GPU at the same time. It's one or the other.

Better to use 3D Studio, or Maya 3D instead of Photoshop :-P

Well I've been always able to use it with ease with the older version of zcash miner as well as with the current ethereum miner of Claymore... Roll Eyes
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Hey Claymore, ever since I've started to use the new v8, I've been facing many crashes while using Photoshop or any other such software. It's really annoying and I've tried all the possible intensities as well as other overclocking stuff, but unable to fix it. One thing I've done along the usage of your new version is the driver update. Do you think that it could be happening because of the new driver version of Crimson or is it any known issue of your new miner's version?

Dude WTF ?!?!? Why did you try to use Photoshop on a mining rig Huh? Or if this is your main PC just stop mining with it and leave it to be done with dedicated rigs only Wink I also have a 290 on my main PC but never do mining with it... Have a nice day Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Dude, you can't mine and use photoshop on the same GPU at the same time. It's one or the other.

Better to use 3D Studio, or Maya 3D instead of Photoshop :-P
What would the bat file/exe file look like?

When my RIG accidentally restarts windows, how should I write the bat file/exe file to start Claymore automatically for 1900 mem and 1300 core?

Does this look right for the bat file:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool pool -zwal wallet.name -zpsw x -i 6,6,6,6,6,6,6 -mclock 1900 -cclock 1300

How do I get the Rig to start the Claymore file automatically after restarting?

Put shortcut for .bat or .cmd file with configuration there: Runn=> %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

This doesn't mean nothing:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

The right settings are:
SET GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
SET GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
SET GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
SET GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
SET GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
(for current CMD environment)

or
SETX GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
SETX GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
SETX GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
SETX GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
SETX GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
(adding permanet to a registry user env.)

Cool!  Here is what I am understanding for the bat file:

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal t1RqoKSrBQ3ML2NsXwcvGR2KWheek3Q7dR2.name -zpsw x -i 6 -mclock 1900 -cclock 1300

I am thinking that adding this would get the mem and core set to what I want the gpu's to run at the appropriate frequency.  I normally use afterburner to set these, but in a loss of power situation I am not there: -mclock 1900 -cclock 1300 "should" work?

I am also adding a shortcut to the bat file in the windows startup to start the bat file if the computer should have a power outage.   

Does this look good?

You are a winner Smiley :-P
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

When my RIG accidentally restarts windows, how should I write the bat file/exe file to start Claymore automatically for 1900 mem and 1300 core?

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool pool -zwal wallet.name -zpsw x -i 6,6,6,6,6,6,6 -mclock 1900 -cclock 1300

Put shortcut for .bat or .cmd file with configuration there: Runn=> %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

The right settings are:

or

Cool!  Here is what I am understanding for the bat file:

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal t1RqoKSrBQ3ML2NsXwcvGR2KWheek3Q7dR2.name -zpsw x -i 6 -mclock 1900 -cclock 1300

I am thinking that adding this would get the mem and core set to what I want the gpu's to run at the appropriate frequency.  I normally use afterburner to set these, but in a loss of power situation I am not there: -mclock 1900 -cclock 1300 "should" work?

I am also adding a shortcut to the bat file in the windows startup to start the bat file if the computer should have a power outage.   

Does this look good?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

Activity: 41
Guys, I need some help. I have a system with 5 GPUs, and I want to add one more (R9 390) to complete the 6 slots. My whole system is:

-ASROCK H81 PRO BTC
- Intel Celeron G1820
- 8GB RAM

GPUs:

- MSI R9 390 gaming 8G
- MSI R9 290x gaming 4G
- Gigabyte R9 290 reference
- Gigabyte RX 480 8GB refence
- XFX RX 480 8GB double dissipation with 8 pin

PSU:

- Cougar GX800 (holding motherboard and all rises + R9 390 and R9 290X)
- CX 750 (holding R9 290 and both RX 480)

The question is, do I need to upgrade the PSU or are these two already able to get the job done?

*If anyone has any tips on how to redistribute energy between the PSUs. Please, feel free to talk.

Depends on your watt usage - looks like it you have enough power between both your PSU's - I'd put your Mobo and 2 GPU's on the 750W and then power the the 4 remaining GPU's with the 800. If $$ is not an issue the I'd get new Gold or better 1300W to 1600W.

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

The right settings are:

or
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Guys, I need some help. I have a system with 5 GPUs, and I want to add one more (R9 390) to complete the 6 slots. My whole system is:

-ASROCK H81 PRO BTC
- Intel Celeron G1820
- 8GB RAM

GPUs:

- MSI R9 390 gaming 8G
- MSI R9 290x gaming 4G

PSU:

The question is, do I need to upgrade the PSU or are these two already able to get the job done?

*If anyone has any tips on how to redistribute energy between the PSUs. Please, feel free to talk.

Are you already running it with 5 GPUs? Can you give more details regarding BIOS mods, voltage and clock mods? This will help give you more useful advice.

With that setup, I would be leaning toward adding the sixth card (390) under the CX 750 PSU.

Best thing you can do is measure power usage at the wall for each card individually, then do the math to figure out your best possible power distribution.
Activity: 15
Definitely ETC + Sia better than Zec currently  Sad
Activity: 46

-ASROCK H81 PRO BTC
- Intel Celeron G1820
- 8GB RAM

GPUs:

- MSI R9 390 gaming 8G
- MSI R9 290x gaming 4G

PSU:

Activity: 30
SSD faster for zcash mining. 16+ gb swap memory for 5 gpu?
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

-i 6 is enough if all cards must run on 6
I think you should add SETX (not startx, sorry) command to all GPU commands
To start miner automatically after restarting create a shortcut of the .bat file on desktop and then add it to windows startup folder (you can find startup folder either in start menu or type in run shell:startup)
For mems and clock I think you should create a profile in wattman tool and save those settings there
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
How do u enable remote management? -mport 3333 dont seem to work?

Fixed issue with "-mport" option (read-only mode). Please re-download v8.0.

I've re-downloaded v8 from Mega and still can't restart a miner with -mport 3333.

I guess he forgot to update mega link, cause 17:04 was when first uploaded. It's strange that nobody noticed about that.

I downloaded it again from mega a minute after that post and its working.

I re-downloaded it right now and it's still Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333.

Sorry it's read-only on default. My fault again))
Activity: 275
Merit: 258
Please share your speeds of  
R9 280X (R7970) 3GB 384 BIT GDDR5
AMD Sapphire R9 280X VaporX Edition
XFX Double Dissipation R9 290 4GB 512 Bits OC

Thanks

R9 290 4GB 230 H/s
All stock

Try 1100 Core and 1125 Mem..  My ref cards do 250-255

Have you raised the memory frequency to 1250? Does it make any difference? I heard the Equihash is memory sensitive.

I did, but it didn't make any difference for me.
Activity: 96

I've re-downloaded v8 from Mega and still can't restart a miner with -mport 3333.

I guess he forgot to update mega link, cause 17:04 was when first uploaded. It's strange that nobody noticed about that.

I downloaded it again from mega a minute after that post and its working.
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Anyone have sol/s for R9 Fury 4GB on claymore 8?

~280 with -i 6
~275 with -i 3
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

Activity: 7
Hi everyone! First of all, I´m newbi so don´t be too harsh with my silli question Smiley Has anybody notes a decrease in flypool "rewards" I mean, one week ago an rx470 was giving me like 0.03zcash per day, now i´m getting like 0.02. It is because they doubled the difficulty? or maybe it´s because more and more people is mining zcash now?
http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/zcash-difficulty-chart

So, it´s because of the difficulty... thanks mate!
Jump to: