Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 479. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
It is not possible to optimize for the driver Crimson Edition 16.9.2 ?
It works. Try it.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Yeh optiminer is claiming rx 480 stock speeds 185 s/s so he has same speed as Claymore when dev fee is taken into account it seems

Just ran DDU, and reinstalled, still nothing  Cry
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
yeah DDU, its quick and simple, and get latest drivers on amd website, that should fix it.  maybe snoop around in the bios and maybe there is an option somewhere.  sometimes its the stupidest thing.  good luck !
Activity: 347
Merit: 255
Yeh optiminer is claiming rx 480 stock speeds 185 s/s so he has same speed as Claymore when dev fee is taken into account it seems
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Just one card need monitor or dummy(hdmi->vha adapter as the card only have digital output)

you disabled problem is something of different problem

you may have to disable UPLS (low power mode that disables 2nd gpu when not in use), you can do so in MSI afterburner or amd options i think.  also disable crossfire.

I don't have the option for Crossfire, and "disable ULPS" is ticked in MSI AB.

It seems to be mining, but very slowly.

Edit: Both rigs are running win 10 x64, Crimson 16.6. I'll try installing 16.9.2.

Edit #2: Updating drivers didn't change anything.

You need to use DDU and install 15.12 or the newest drivers if you have 4 series cards, be careful though sometimes using DDU before installing the newest drivers can cause small issues with card performance on old gen cards.
Just one card need monitor or dummy(hdmi->vha adapter as the card only have digital output)

you may have to disable UPLS (low power mode that disables 2nd gpu when not in use), you can do so in MSI afterburner or amd options i think.  also disable crossfire.

I don't have the option for Crossfire, and "disable ULPS" is ticked in MSI AB.

It seems to be mining, but very slowly.

Edit: Both rigs are running win 10 x64, Crimson 16.6. I'll try installing 16.9.2.

Edit #2: Updating drivers didn't change anything.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
you may have to disable UPLS (low power mode that disables 2nd gpu when not in use), you can do so in MSI afterburner or amd options i think.  also disable crossfire.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024

Semi-Unrelated post:

Anyone know how to run the second GPU without plugging a monitor in to it? I don't want to have to buy a dummy plug, but if i really need to...

I have two MSI 480's in the rig, and the second one is disabled, and I'm pretty sure it's because of no monitor.
I have a rig with 2 sapphire 480's, and it only has a monitor on the first card, and it runs fine.
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
For you Linux guys, Optiminer just posted v0.6.0 and claims 20-30% increase over v0.5.0
Activity: 546
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
@Claymore,

I am trying to edit config.txt and epool.txt but I am unable to do it over lan.
Is there any way to unlock the "read-only-mode" ?
Thank you

XFX pro 850W 80+ bronze
box says 2x 6/8 pin, 2x 6-pin, 24-pin mobo, 8-pin cpu along with abunch of molex and SATA connectors.

You can try to plug one 6-pin and one 8-pin plug to your card.
Or you can look for PCI-E 6 to 8 pin adapter, like this one

Thx for your help, gonna order a couple of those right now.

@bardacuda good luck mate, tell us how it went

Thanks, I'm gonna need it! Cheesy

EDIT: Check your 6-pin connectors and make sure they have all 6 pins. Most of them do but one of the 3 +12V pins is not actually required by PCI-E standard. If it only has 2 +12V pins I wouldn't try to adapt it into an 8 pin.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

XFX pro 850W 80+ bronze
box says 2x 6/8 pin, 2x 6-pin, 24-pin mobo, 8-pin cpu along with abunch of molex and SATA connectors.

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mtgg6KuZJY3t2NRBPsROnJQ.jpg

Thx for your help, gonna order a couple of those right now.

@bardacuda good luck mate, tell us how it went
it is 390, sry about the typo

what numbers to set for "easy" OC that doesnt cut into card lifespan much?

btw, I was thinking about getting another one, but my psu doesnt have anymore connectors. R9 390 uses 2x 8 pin. I believe my psu can handle the load, its 850W, but it doesnt have any more 8 pin connectors...
Is there any adaptors molex-> 8pin? Or something like that?

What is exact model of your PSU?
You must have at least 2*6 pin and 2*8 pin PCI-E connectors.

XFX pro 850W 80+ bronze
so i got 2x 6 pin left to use, along with molex and sata connectors.

So there is no room to add 1 more r9 390?

That is actually a Seasonic unit and should be fine with 2 390s. I'm actually going to try stuffing 3 Hawaii cards into my M12II 850 after I build a new rig, albeit with some heavy undervolting.
Activity: 91

XFX pro 850W 80+ bronze

Activity: 305
It is not possible to optimize for the driver Crimson Edition 16.9.2 ?

btw, I was thinking about getting another one, but my psu doesnt have anymore connectors. R9 390 uses 2x 8 pin. I believe my psu can handle the load, its 850W, but it doesnt have any more 8 pin connectors...

XFX pro 850W 80+ bronze
so i got 2x 6 pin left to use, along with molex and sata connectors.

So there is no room to add 1 more r9 390?
Activity: 91

Activity: 83
Has got to be 390.  My 390 slightly overclocked is getting 290~sols/s with v8.0 i4.

or 2*380
 Grin

yes but honestly it's not recommended at all, most 390s are 6+8, only some are 8+8. if it's 850w gold or platinum, with a slight undervolt and near stock clocks, then yeah it should be fine, but the molex isn't a good idea, maybe someone else can explain better than I can, but it comes down to amperage on the rail, in short, if the PSU only comes with 2 8 pins, it should only handle that many.
Has got to be 390.  My 390 slightly overclocked is getting 290~sols/s with v8.0 i4.

or 2*380
 Grin

Jump to: