Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 475. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272
Anyone know which driver works best for RX 480?

I am using the latest from ATI website
Never had a problem
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Anyone know which driver works best for RX 480?
Activity: 83
Merit: 10

is that a problem?
after few hours appears incorrect data

this could be due to excessive overclocking or undervolting.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
https://i.imgur.com/ZcZB2S2.png

is that a problem?
after few hours appears incorrect data
Activity: 30

Plug monitor into the card. Or just disable intel gpu (works for win10).
[/quote]

monitor connected, No intel on asrock 970 extreme4.
https://cdn-enterprise.discourse.org/zcash/uploads/default/original/2X/2/21e1340b7289021319ab3f47002a655b65996247.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Hello Claymore, could you add to monitoring utility host address ability in IP field for the using with DYNdns services.
Activity: 7
nice rig of 480s sorry2xs.  for usmras, h/s and sol/s are the same for all intents and purposes.

you mean I need 2 Radeon RX 480 480 GPUs?  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
nice rig of 480s sorry2xs.  for usmras, h/s and sol/s are the same for all intents and purposes.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
GPU #0: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #1: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #2: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #3: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #4: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
ZEC - Total Speed: 968.954 H/s, Total Shares: 10480, Rejected: 35, Time: 06:15
ZEC: GPU0 193.912 H/s, GPU1 194.647 H/s, GPU2 194.623 H/s, GPU3 193.562 H/s, GPU4 192.209 H/s
Activity: 7
Hello, guys  Cool - I am new in mining and I wanna start with Zcash. I wanna use single GPU to start, and I wanna chose between Radeon RX 480 OR Radeon R9 280 or 290 - I need your advice and ideas.  Undecided  Embarrassed

Will it be beneficial with single GPU?
And how much H/s I can get with the cards I mention above? (any close idea?)  Huh

thanks Smiley

480 will be MUCH more power efficient.  dont get a 280/380.  a 280x/290 will be the best $ per sol/s for now.  390 is like a 290, but better (IMO).  but not better on price.  I'd say get a 480 with civ 6, that would be the best deal for the long run.  check out my site if you need info of all kinds on crypto mining !  Up to you, but keep in mind 280x and 290s werent doing much profit 2 months ago because they are power hungry, but right now they are doing profit.

Thanks fr4nkthetank for your advice Smiley - any close idea of speed in H/s (not sols) with single Radeon RX 480?
Activity: 275
Merit: 258
I've got 6 8GB RX 480 reference cards in a Windows 7 rig.  All on stock bios.  Getting about 185 per card on v8.  Every time I go into Wattman to change GPU core settings, even just a little bit on 1 card, my computer immediately blue screens.  It does this even after using DDU in safe mode and loading the latest drivers. Anyone having the same issue?  I've tried everything I know, but no matter what I do, it doesn't work.  Any suggestions would be great!

How much RAM do u have in your rig?
Have you increased virtual memory in Windows to help handle the load?

8GB DDR3 1666 RAM and virtual memory is at 16GB for min and max.  Should I buy more RAM or raise virtual memory?

I had the same problem with different cards (XFX 480 cards). Drove me nuts. I loaded windows 10 and solved everything. Runs like a dream.

Yeah, I've got XFX, MSI and Gigabyte in the rig.  I might have to look at upgrading.

You can try using a different BIOS editor like Trix or MSI afterburner too. That might help if you dont have access to win 10.

I've tried WattTool and MSI Afterburner with same results... Although I don't really know how to use WattTool so I may be doing it wrong. Haha!  In WattTool do you just change the last gpu core value or all of them?

All of them

Do I change the mV as well?
Activity: 41
Anyone else spend waaaayyy too much time of their life staring at this screen waiting for these damned confirmations to go through? Worse than watching paint dry!!!
http://imgur.com/7X2xCSE

LOL

A few days ago it needed 36 confirmations and you waited all day...it's better now although I don't sell anymore
All signs show that we will not be looking at ZEC below 100$ for much longer...

I'm not so confident.. but I hope you're right
Anyone else spend waaaayyy too much time of their life staring at this screen waiting for these damned confirmations to go through? Worse than watching paint dry!!!

LOL

A few days ago it needed 36 confirmations and you waited all day...it's better now although I don't sell anymore
All signs show that we will not be looking at ZEC below 100$ for much longer...
I've got 6 8GB RX 480 reference cards in a Windows 7 rig.  All on stock bios.  Getting about 185 per card on v8.  Every time I go into Wattman to change GPU core settings, even just a little bit on 1 card, my computer immediately blue screens.  It does this even after using DDU in safe mode and loading the latest drivers. Anyone having the same issue?  I've tried everything I know, but no matter what I do, it doesn't work.  Any suggestions would be great!

8GB DDR3 1666 RAM and virtual memory is at 16GB for min and max.  Should I buy more RAM or raise virtual memory?

I had the same problem with different cards (XFX 480 cards). Drove me nuts. I loaded windows 10 and solved everything. Runs like a dream.

Yeah, I've got XFX, MSI and Gigabyte in the rig.  I might have to look at upgrading.

You can try using a different BIOS editor like Trix or MSI afterburner too. That might help if you dont have access to win 10.

I've tried WattTool and MSI Afterburner with same results... Although I don't really know how to use WattTool so I may be doing it wrong. Haha!  In WattTool do you just change the last gpu core value or all of them?

All of them

I think your best bet is to move to Windows 10 as Simon_Grape said. It will solve many problems.
8GB RAM and 16GB virtual means RAM is not the problem. Upgrade your OS
http://imgur.com/7X2xCSE

I've got 6 8GB RX 480 reference cards in a Windows 7 rig.  All on stock bios.  Getting about 185 per card on v8.  Every time I go into Wattman to change GPU core settings, even just a little bit on 1 card, my computer immediately blue screens.  It does this even after using DDU in safe mode and loading the latest drivers. Anyone having the same issue?  I've tried everything I know, but no matter what I do, it doesn't work.  Any suggestions would be great!

8GB DDR3 1666 RAM and virtual memory is at 16GB for min and max.  Should I buy more RAM or raise virtual memory?

Yeah, I've got XFX, MSI and Gigabyte in the rig.  I might have to look at upgrading.
Hi all
Why my shares in zec decreases by double in last 24 hr?
I'm using v8.0

If you are mining on Flypool, they doubled their difficulty yesterday from 1000 to 2000 - payouts are worth double though so its no change to you.
Jump to: