Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 483. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I just tried to mine at flypool & directed my mining payout to poloniex account..  I'm new to mining cryptocurrency..there are many things that i don't understand..maybe this is stupid question..  Grin just want to ask: what does it mean by "PENDING 7 of 16" in status confirmation in deposit history in poloniex?? appreciate any help..  Grin

https://s22.postimg.org/fjr0thbxt/poloniex_payout.png

It means that you'll be paid as soon as 16 other nodes within the network confirm the transaction to be legit. wait until you have 16 confirmations and your coin will be deposited to you wallet.

BTW, there are no stupid question but there are stupid answers. we're all here to help eachother.
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
I just tried to mine at flypool & directed my mining payout to poloniex account..  I'm new to mining cryptocurrency..there are many things that i don't understand..maybe this is stupid question..  Grin just want to ask: what does it mean by "PENDING 7 of 16" in status confirmation in deposit history in poloniex?? appreciate any help..  Grin

Each payment needs a certain amount of confirmations across the chain to confirm it is genuine.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
I just tried to mine at flypool & directed my mining payout to poloniex account..  I'm new to mining cryptocurrency..there are many things that i don't understand..maybe this is stupid question..  Grin just want to ask: what does it mean by "PENDING 7 of 16" in status confirmation in deposit history in poloniex?? appreciate any help..  Grin

Activity: 1
Hi guys, I have 2 rigs both on Sapphire RX 480 nitro + 8Gb.
They hangs every day! It makes me crazy. They hangs on default bios and on any other custom. I added "reboot.bat" (shutdow /r /f /t 2) to miners folder but it is not in use. Miner just tries to restart himslef and doesn't run "bat" script. Coul'd you please help me with this?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
This is the quote I was refering to:

"Memory bandwidth:

RX480: 256 GB/s
390X: 384 GB/s

ZEC uses a lot of memory operations. Do you still think that RX480 can work as fast as 390X?"

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/limits-of-zec-mining-1679855 seems to indicate more performance could be possible with an 8GB card
Activity: 504
Merit: 272

"Memory bandwidth:

ZEC uses a lot of memory operations. Do you still think that RX480 can work as fast as 390X?"

I never said the 480's can do as much as 390's
Please read posts carefully

Yes I know the differences that's why I said  that the 480's can do better than what they do right now if tweaked as per their OWN advantages

I also have 390x's and I am really happy with them although they burn much more than the 480's for those of us that do pay for electricity
Activity: 123
Started using your miner with version 6.0, I believe. Was getting ~140 h/s with a rx 480 red devil with core clock set to 1380 for most of my mining. Using -nofee (sorry!)

With 7.0 I was getting ~165 h/s

With 8.0 I'm getting 180-190(!) h/s, with -i set to 6

No instability issues with your miner, ever. While others have sent me to BSOD for various errors they have.

Incredible work Claymore! Looking forward to what else you can squeeze out of this gem.

I can't understand this idea of mining with no fee. It is demand and supply rule. He is offering you something in exchange of reward! All of us are doing the same. We are mining on some network like Eth or ZEC ( this keep all network alive and workable) and in return for your services network give rewards ( Zec's and Ethers ). And the price for the services is established by the service provider, but is confirmed by the market. So if the market use this miner at this price, the price is good. So I do not understand why Claymore added -nofee option, but normally if you think is expensive for you, don't buy, simple as it is. But to use the best miner at the moment and to add -nofee option to save couple of cents......it's not correct!

I agree with u though i don't mind at all what people choose (using -nofee option or not).. I understand internet is a free world (but of course as free as it is every environment has rule).. and here's my point, I see this rule is a bit unfair.. with -nofee option, yes the performance might decrease around 5% so it is said.. but do not forget the power use might decrease more than 5%.... so.. it is possible that with -nofee option can give a better efficiency (H/Watt ratio) than without -nofee option... so consider the users of this miner as customer using the service, normally the paying customer (without -nofee option) should have better service than the free customer (with -nofee option)... just an opinion..
Activity: 36
Merit: 5

"Memory bandwidth:

Activity: 2
Sir Claymore,

First of all thank you very much for all your work
You have truly given another dimension with your miners

But I have to say...
I have rx 480's and when I watch them work I just can't stop thinking and feeling that they can do so much more in comparison with other cards.

Maybe you don't use them as much so it's not in your direct interest (only indirect) to tune them up

I am definitely no expert but instinctively I feel these cards are underperforming

If you could find time please give them a bit and tweak them as per their own custom capabilities

I am sure   a 480 8gb could give  much more than 210h/s should they given the time and effort

Thanks

do a search on Claymore's posts and you will see why the 480's are "underperforming".

I would like to help you guys resolve this matter. On Claymore V8.0 miner i am able to sqeeze about 200H/s from my XFX RX480s. Most important of all it's stable and temps are at 74DegC at 75% fan speed. It's about room temp at the moment. Fan speed will go up during day time.

settings:
-win10
-Bios mod all cards
-i 6 (default)
Sir Claymore,

But I have to say...
I have rx 480's and when I watch them work I just can't stop thinking and feeling that they can do so much more in comparison with other cards.

Maybe you don't use them as much so it's not in your direct interest (only indirect) to tune them up

I am definitely no expert but instinctively I feel these cards are underperforming

If you could find time please give them a bit and tweak them as per their own custom capabilities

I am sure   a 480 8gb could give  much more than 210h/s should they given the time and effort

Thanks

do a search on Claymore's posts and you will see why the 480's are "underperforming".

Many thanks for your input
I have read and followed since day 1 every single comment and I know very well regarding the reasons
But if you read what I wrote more  carefully you will understand what I am saying...

For the guys with the 470's it's the same thing
If Claymore tweaks the 480's  the 470's will also benefit
Activity: 19
Started using your miner with version 6.0, I believe. Was getting ~140 h/s with a rx 480 red devil with core clock set to 1380 for most of my mining. Using -nofee (sorry!)

With 7.0 I was getting ~165 h/s

With 8.0 I'm getting 180-190(!) h/s, with -i set to 6

No instability issues with your miner, ever. While others have sent me to BSOD for various errors they have.

Incredible work Claymore! Looking forward to what else you can squeeze out of this gem.

I can't understand this idea of mining with no fee. It is demand and supply rule. He is offering you something in exchange of reward! All of us are doing the same. We are mining on some network like Eth or ZEC ( this keep all network alive and workable) and in return for your services network give rewards ( Zec's and Ethers ). And the price for the services is established by the service provider, but is confirmed by the market. So if the market use this miner at this price, the price is good. So I do not understand why Claymore added -nofee option, but normally if you think is expensive for you, don't buy, simple as it is. But to use the best miner at the moment and to add -nofee option to save couple of cents......it's not correct!
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
It's Not Enough
suprnova is stealing user f.... just kiddin
The zec site was down 1 hour ago, now it's working fine... but maybe payments will be delayed (some maintenance?)

Activity: 23
Sir Claymore,

But I have to say...

Thanks

I have the same feeling, even with RX 470 8Gb
Activity: 36
Merit: 5
Sir Claymore,

But I have to say...

Thanks

Activity: 391
aka ...
Dear @Claymore,

thank you very much for your good work with v8.0,
an for getting your miner integrated
in the nicehashminer.

With upgrade from v6.0 to v8.0 my little Rig
(2 x RX480/8 + 2 x RX470/4)
jumped from ~550 to ~720 sol/s.

[R9 390 from ~190 to ~280 sol/s]

Grin PanneKopp

Activity: 410
Sir Claymore,

But I have to say...

Thanks

I feel the 470 could also be pushed more but I think Claymore is more concentrating on the older cards right now
Sir Claymore,

But I have to say...

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Network hashrate: 38.5 MH/s

Miningpoolhub: 1.4 MH/s
Suprnova: 4 MH/s
Nanopool: 3.7 MH/s
Coinmine: 7.3 MH/s
Flypool: 15 MH/s

I'm missing 7 MH/s.

Heard about solo mining ?

Nicehash adds an additional 6.2 MH/s with the rest 0.8 MH/s probably from smaller pools and the odd solo miner(s).
Edit: removed opinion about solo mining.

No it doesn't, that mining power just flows through nicehash and is further rented to some miner who points it to some pool.

https://explorer.zcha.in/statistics/miners

Exactly, the hashes on nicehash are later fired upon nova, coinmine, nano etc...
Looks like those 7Mh are from solos.

f2pool has about 6.3Mh right now

Wow, didn't know that one. Chinese power?
Activity: 46

5 x Nanos + 7990 1615H/s @1135 watts to the wall 1.42H/W
Nanos 900/325 modded roms 238H/s
7990 1090mV 1100/1500 212/211H/s

What is the hashes and watts used for the nano's alone?

Not sure but they say the 7990 uses about 300+ watts itself. If I were to take a guess I would say around 147ish or less per Nano.
Activity: 209
Network hashrate: 38.5 MH/s

Miningpoolhub: 1.4 MH/s
Suprnova: 4 MH/s
Nanopool: 3.7 MH/s
Coinmine: 7.3 MH/s
Flypool: 15 MH/s

I'm missing 7 MH/s.

Heard about solo mining ?

Nicehash adds an additional 6.2 MH/s with the rest 0.8 MH/s probably from smaller pools and the odd solo miner(s).
Edit: removed opinion about solo mining.

No it doesn't, that mining power just flows through nicehash and is further rented to some miner who points it to some pool.

https://explorer.zcha.in/statistics/miners

Exactly, the hashes on nicehash are later fired upon nova, coinmine, nano etc...
Looks like those 7Mh are from solos.

f2pool has about 6.3Mh right now
Jump to: