Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 657. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Anyone tried an RX 460 for fun?
Activity: 383
Merit: 272
Legend is back.
Kıleymor kardeş , Linux için olanını çıkartsana la şunun. Benden sana 1 şişe rakı. Adresini ver.

Rakıdan anlamaz onlar bira ver bira Cheesy
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
Kıleymor kardeş , Linux için olanını çıkartsana la şunun. Benden sana 1 şişe rakı. Adresini ver.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
If i had an i7 I could probably do 80 Sol/s

Activity: 578
Merit: 508
Has anyone here moved over to Win 10 from Ubuntu to capture the extra performance of version 3.1?

I can't believe how unbelievably stupid people are to complain about Claymore's fee to use his miner. It just points to the inability to use simple arithmetic.

SA v4 is still 15% slower than v1.1.

The irony of all this is that this just pushes people into Windows.

The risk/reward is also messed up. Per miner system, it costs roughly 0.5 GPU's to upgrade to Win 10. If you buy just the GPU, you get around a sure 10% bump. This bump also helps for any coin.

If you buy Win 10, there is a 20% - 30% bump for ZEC, but how long will this coin be profitable for? Also frankly, Win 10 doesn't really help for any other coin.
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
i have 3 rigs. two of which are on old skt 775 rigs. i have 3x290's and 1x 290x on 1 rig with and old pentium 4 cpu. i'm using -i 2 on that rig with the cpu running at near 100% .perfectly stable . running non stop on all claymore versions. the other rig is the same configuration with the cpu being an e7400. same thing. perfectly stable
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
V3.1 stable on all machines except one, which is a 7 card rig. Few minutes in one of the GPU's ( always at index 1) would report 0 sols/s, the watchdog will restart the miner, and "Desplay driver stopped working, has recovered" error pops up, and then the system just crashes.
Some people pointed out that it could be a riser issue, but I've tried isolating the faulty card by running each card on its own thread, and they work fine. Its only if I run one instance of claymore's with all 7 cards that this problem occurs. I've tried moving from modded bios to stock, different driver versions, and this keeps happening still. Any clues?

Does the problem occur if you run the rig without that card (ie as a six card rig instead of a 7)?

Have you tried swapping cards in the risers to see if it still happens in that position or does the problem follow the card?

my 7 card rig is always tricky, are we too ambitious? which mobo you using?

I'm actually only using a single GPU a R9 280 (all I have right now) but I was wondering if the problem persisted with the card removed or in another riser.

If it stopped without the card then it may be the CPU is not powerful enough to handle them all (too much load perhaps?, not sure which CPU you are using) but if the problem followed the card it may show a problem with the actual card.  As pointed out above if you are using -i 2 have you tried using the either the 1 or 0 setting?
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
V3.1 +15-20% with RX470 4GB. VRAM usage is close to the limit. CPU usage very high with old Q6600
are you using -i option ?
yes -i 2
Activity: 158
I have several noob questions
what are the optimal temperatures tu run with -tt command ? I used to have 75,75,75 on all my miners and fans were on 30-35%, I thought changing them to 68,68,68 were fans run at 40-48%. This goes for all RX480 8G models like, asus strix, spahire nitro, gigabyte and xfx.

Also I was looking for auto payout or transaction system, which will allow me to transfer % amount of coins to another wallet, any idea would be helpful here.

And last one, when I execute reboot.bat from remote manager it only shuts down the miner software itself, should it work that way or should it restart the PC itself ?

and here is my config file, if you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them
Code:
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool zec.coinmine.pl:7007 -zwal ### -zpsw ### -r 240 -tt 75,75,75 -tstop 90,90,90 -ttli 83,83,83 -i 2

Good morning,

maybee this is the wrong place to post but i'll give it a try.

I'am in mining for a long time. Just get in contact with zcash i reuse an old rig ( 6 * 7790 1GB each card) to mine zhash.

I tried all miners and i'am getting about 32 sol/s for the rig, not that much but anyway (it is only using 280Watt)

Every time i try to use the silentarmy-kernel (no matter which miner) i get an opencl-error

(openclcreate -61). It seems to be a problem that the silentarmy-kernel wants to have more than 1 GB GPU-memory.

Today i tried the nheqminer 0.4b and it starts (same opencl-error) but it shows me the i/s but no sol/s.  Grin

Using the normal kernel i get 16,5 i/s = 31,3 sol/s
Using the silentarmy-kernel i get 68 i/s = 0 sol/s

It seems to be that the old hd7790 could do 4 times faster with the silentarmy-kernel but the can't due to the lack of GPU-memory.

Is there a chance that there will be a silentarmy-kernel which will use only 1GB of GPU-Memory ?

Have a nice day
what drivers are you using ?

Oh sorry... I'am using windows 8.1 with the newest Driver and a patch that windows recognize the 6'th GPU

thx for your help
Activity: 72
V3.1 stable on all machines except one, which is a 7 card rig. Few minutes in one of the GPU's ( always at index 1) would report 0 sols/s, the watchdog will restart the miner, and "Desplay driver stopped working, has recovered" error pops up, and then the system just crashes.
Some people pointed out that it could be a riser issue, but I've tried isolating the faulty card by running each card on its own thread, and they work fine. Its only if I run one instance of claymore's with all 7 cards that this problem occurs. I've tried moving from modded bios to stock, different driver versions, and this keeps happening still. Any clues?

Does the problem occur if you run the rig without that card (ie as a six card rig instead of a 7)?

Have you tried swapping cards in the risers to see if it still happens in that position or does the problem follow the card?

my 7 card rig is always tricky, are we too ambitious? which mobo you using?
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait

The same thing here. I got all rigs except 1 working with v. 2.1-3.1 with -i 2. The problematic rig has 6 R9 390 which work about 20 min with 60-ish sols (and over 1% rejected shares) then 1 card stops. Curiously, with -i 0 there is no problem and the cards give 70-75 sols! I tried everything but it is not the card nor the riser.
Activity: 410

Activity: 86
Awesome thing you did Claymore!

Thank you for the miner you provide...I bet the ZEC difficulty increased mostly because of Clamore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.1

Good luck
Activity: 465
Claymore no nVidia support in zcash miner is your principled pozition or it's just current state of miner developing ang later we will see it?

Read this!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16811240
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Activity: 161
Claymore no nVidia support in zcash miner is your principled pozition or it's just current state of miner developing ang later we will see it?
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
V3.1 +15-20% with RX470 4GB. VRAM usage is close to the limit. CPU usage very high with old Q6600
are you using -i option ?
Activity: 190
Activity: 72
Hi all,

I have 5 x rx 480 8gb sapphire nitro+ oc.
With claymore's zcash v3.1 and I get the following results:
- 700W power usage
- 310H/s
so roughly 62H/s per gpu

Any idea how to improve hashrate and decrease power?
Thanks

-powlim -50

...powlim can go from +50 to -50, for my Nano's I run -powlim -47 and still get 60 per card, 480s still suck atm though

Thanks for that...

What about cvddc and mvddc please? (I have the rx470 8gb card)

Just want to lower the power and keep the sol/s...

Thanks

the voltage is only good if you want to overclock, Claymore notes that underclocking isn't possible.

Be careful though, I really upset one of my 6x480 rigs messing with the voltage!

power versus sol/s is always a trade-off! 700W for 310 is great, you may lose 10-20 total.

To make you jealous one of my Nano R9 rigs puts out 360, pulling 650W, although weirdly that is with the PRO 61BTC board only , the PRO 81 boards dont hash as fast! :/
Jump to: