Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 680. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
MSI RX 480 4GB

Modified BIOS
GPU Clock  1100mhz
Mem Clock 1950mhz
Voltage 925mv
72 Watts

Crimsion 16.11.2 Drivers
Claymore V.2.1 w/ -i 2

Getting between 51-48 H/s
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
for some reason, first time i used 2.1 with "-i 2" on my 270x cards, now im having all sorts of problems.

2.1 wont mine (no text past the [CLAYMORE] header), and nicehashminer crashes the system when initializing devices.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Why doesn't Zcash miner show which card generated rejected share in stats or log files? That is an extremely helpful feature of ETH miner when it comes to troubleshooting overclocking. Now when it freezes - go figure which one is guilty.

On the other hand ethminer takes about a minute to initialize on some of my machines, apart from generating DAG files. Zcash miner is much faster in this respect. Why such a difference?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
How do you solve gpu 0 running lower speeds when connected to a monitor?  Go headless with teamviewer or is there a variable in the .bat I can add.
Activity: 22
Gee thanks!

I ment setting it, I can copy it but where and how? In the enviromental window you must also write the path.. So does anyone understand my problem?

You need to create a bat file and put it in the same folder where the miner files are.

This is my bat file:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -r 2 -i 0 -tt 65 -ttli 75  -tstop 80 -fanmax 75 -fanmin 40 -dbg -1 -zpool us1-

zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal "your payment address" -zpsw x

do you know how to create a bat file?

Thank you very much!
Yes I know.But do I overwrite the start.bat or create a new one and name it anything? Oh, and since i'm from eu, what should I write ''-zpool us1'', coz eu1 doesn't work?
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal "your payment address" -zpsw x

the other command line options in his .bat were for restart, temp controls/fan settings, and enabling debug, none of which might be of interest to you. In fact the -i 0 option does nothing as it is the default anyway.

So thanks again for all the help. Runing now on two r9 280x with 50 H/s each , smoothly through the night. So now I would like to use my cpu aswell. Gotta figure that one out now. I have i5-3570K, so I think I can squize another 30 sols?
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo
Trump for chairman of Zcash!  Grin

My 7950`s and r9 280x´s are rocking with 38-50+ hashes!
Activity: 135
Is the Linux version live yet?
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
"CPU is an old i7-2700k 3500 sand bridge"

well, that's what I have on my computer.  runs at 4.5ghz easy.  it does 25 sols about.
Activity: 2

why the video card R9 380 2gb -i 2 gives an error OPENCL ERROR -61 Huh
Activity: 21
I also have good results from v2.

My r9 290s are doing 58-61 sols

My 470 8gb is doing 48-50 sols.

Are your 290s modded?

can u share gpu model and cpu

1 x Sapphire R9 290 tri-x not modded but overclocked to 1100 core clock
1 x Sapphire R9 290 dual-x same as above
1 x MSI RX 470 8gb modded. Used 1750 timing for both 1850(i think or maybe 1875) and 2000. Core clock is at stock 1242 but memory is overclocked to 2000. Stock is 1650 which is really bad.

CPU is an old i7-2700k 3500 sand bridge.

With -i 2, this setup is hashing at 169-175 now

Another improvement.
Activity: 256
it seems to me not so much profitable.

Zcash 24 our 380 h/s = $15.45

ETH 24 our  350 mh/s = $26.39

ETHC 24 our 350 mh/s = $24.03

if for cards 470 480 380x 390x do not get to 100 h / s to not see well card

Huh Huh Huh

How you are getting 350mh on ETH and 380h/s with ZCASH? I am getting 400h/s zcash and only 200mh at ETH? With what miner are you mining ETH?
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Miners crack me up.

We made boatloads on zcash initially. BUT this is just from launch and the fact that there wasn't a lot of coins. That's always the case at launch.

The REAL money is long term. Zcash promises to deliver truly anonymous transactions.  If that works the dark.net uses of this coin will go through the roof.  No one will use BTC anymore.

Look at Monero. I don't see a point in this coin but it got picked up by 1 dark.net market and suddenly the value shot through the roof.

What Zcash is trying to do is make anonymous transactions. If that becomes a reality it could be one of the most popular coins around. Right now though, you can't spend your Zcash so as supply grows the price drops. As soon as you can start to spend Zcash on the dark.net the price will go back up.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
It pretty much doesn't matter which GPU you have, they are all the same speeds.

My RX470 is 45Sols and my $20 Radeon 7850 is 30 Sol/s
you mean it doesn't matter what bios I use right?

No I mean the GPU in general.

There is a huge bottleneck somewhere on the GPUs or in the algorithm or in the software so every GPU hashes at almost very similar speeds.
It still matters what GPU.  A 460 will be a lot slower than a 470, and Nvidia cards are terrible.  A 470 8GB is obviously faster than a 470 4GB, memory speed and timings matter a lot.  The older gen cards seem to do well though, this is partially due to Claymore focusing on 7000, 200, 300 series cards so far.  The older cards also do fine on Ethereum, with lower Epochs......
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

No I mean the GPU in general.

There is a huge bottleneck somewhere on the GPUs or in the algorithm or in the software so every GPU hashes at almost very similar speeds.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡

Activity: 130
Merit: 11
Hey guys!

anyone has (Sapphire) FURY (X)?
I wonder what hash speeds you get with fury, possibly non X version!

thank you guys very much!
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
using defualt 0 or 1 works fine -i2 kills my cards and lags my system out even tho i2 runs for a good few hours still getting same speeds as -i 1 or setting at 0 default
52-55 on reference RX480 with moded bios, 90 minutes running stable so far, let's see what will happen overnight.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
I'm curious, what are the unmodified values for GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR, GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE, GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS, GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT, GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT or is there a way to reset them to values before setx command? I ask this because I'm currently mining with my daily pc that i play games etc. Would any of these commands affect gaming etc. negatively?

I guess they are documented in the AMD SDK and by default they are not defined. Unless you know defaults may be better to remove those variables from the global environment (see advanced system properties, I believe, they can be found and deleted there if were set at least once).

I can't say about affecting games, but for few known to me systems setting GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0 resulted in Calymore's ETH dual miner crash with RX470 cards. So I used all them but removed after that. On some other systems setting this showed me 3GB of VRAM for 380X and RX470 card instead of real 4GB.

So in short, yes, I would remove all of them and use in the form of set (not setx) only those that really affect mining performance (by testing on a particular system).

Setting GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0 allows access to 32-bit address space of memory ~3.8 GB, while GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1 allows access to 64-bit of address space. So yes in order to utilize all of your GPU memory your should leave this set to one.

I think the main benefit to setting this to 0 for mining was that it cuts the required number of clock cycles needed to access the memory in half, thus improving (in theory) mining speed. Since most algorithms will fit within 3.8 GB of memory, for dedicated mining rigs it is set to 0. For gaming rigs or dual purpose (mining/gaming) with more than 4 GB of GPU memory, leave it on 1. I think the performance gains are minimal if noticeable at all.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
using defualt 0 or 1 works fine -i2 kills my cards and lags my system out even tho i2 runs for a good few hours still getting same speeds as -i 1 or setting at 0 default
Jump to: