Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 750. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Claymore, really nice job.  Just a general question: You have hard coded the dev fee pools to be active, 90 seconds an hour, right?
You also have failover activated for the dev fee, too.
Do you limit the dev fee overall time per hour if your hardcoded pools are non-responsive?

If devfee mining thread cannot reach pool, main mining is not stopped at all.
However, if it cannot connect for a couple of hours, entire mining will be stopped.
Claymore, I noticed this. I connected to nicehash pool using BTC address with -allpools 1. I noticed when Devfee hashing kicked in. There is a lot of reject share. Please check your coding. I don't want you to lose the devfee. You deserved it!
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
I've not tested this yet, but I do get 3 virus totals on scanning the zip file. Scanners say it contains a trojan. I may test it later when I get time, but use it at your own risk. Has anyone been able to verify an increase in sols showing on a pool after an hour or more of mining?

yes. on flypool i went from 216 sols to 470 sols 2x290x's and 8 x 290's

That could have just been your settings on the old miner. With 11 R9 390 using genoil I get 400-470sols.
Activity: 28
I detect a big profit drop in zcash from now on...
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore, really nice job.  Just a general question: You have hard coded the dev fee pools to be active, 90 seconds an hour, right?
You also have failover activated for the dev fee, too.
Do you limit the dev fee overall time per hour if your hardcoded pools are non-responsive?

If devfee mining thread cannot reach pool, main mining is not stopped at all.
However, if it cannot connect for a couple of hours, entire mining will be stopped.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I was just going through the logfile and noticed Dev Fee being longer than 90 secs.

Impossible. When you see "DevFee - connecting to ..." mine still mines for you. Only when connection is established, miner will switch to devfee. So you should measure time between "DevFee: start mining" and "DevFee: stop mining and disconnect" string in the log.
Activity: 4
6x RX 480 ref 8gb and one 290x all default bios and clocks
480 ref = 40
290x = 48
total of 290 ish for rig
watts at wall = 1000+

testing a r7 370 4 gig as well getting 25+

Thanks Claymore can't wait for more tweaks to be made
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Wow  hitting 320 sols/s with 6 390x.  Thanks for this

same issue as others with nicehash.. upon disconnect of dev fee the miner rejects shares..  and nicehash runs the diff sky high on the shares so its an abnormal amount of work lost.

Thanks again

The stability is amazing thus far.  I applaud your skills.  you seem to have a way with the bits;)

best regards
d57heinz
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
6x380 Asus 4G moded bios = 200h/s
6x470 Nitro 8G moded bios = 300h/s

Claymore, you are the best!!!

What's your bios mod for the 470 Nitro? Just tighter timing straps? Overclock? or both?

here is the bios I am using

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p3isa01rbyhzofe/AAAoc5xvsvgAe68HeijD7A2Oa?dl=0

Never updated bios on a gpu before.....Can someone provide a link step by step (youtube) or anything else?

Thanks

Check out this youtube video for modding your GPU bios:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwb67g4skGM

Thanks bro
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Getting 125 H/s with my three RX 480 8 GB on Windows 10 with almost no overclocking and just 60 Watts power draw according to GPU-Z for each GPU (of course it's far from true, I know).

So I'd say that this miner has increased my H/s from 100 to 125. Smiley
Activity: 222
Great!!! Getting much better results with this compared to genoil's or nheq's.
Good job as usual op! much appreciated.
Activity: 58
@Claymore:

ive got two problems:

1) reconnects @ nicehash when "method:reconnect" (or something similar) is issued, where other miners dont reconnect, is this due to the missing extranonce when switching job orders?

2) after DevFee mining ends all shares are getting rejected till a new job starts from nicehash

will edit screens here once it happens again

YEAH I got the exact same problem!!!!!!!!

Might be the AMD drivers like someone mentioned before, newer drivers don't have this issue.

Did you updated your drivers now ? or what drivers did you use before or still use?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I've not tested this yet, but I do get 3 virus totals on scanning the zip file. Scanners say it contains a trojan. I may test it later when I get time, but use it at your own risk. Has anyone been able to verify an increase in sols showing on a pool after an hour or more of mining?

Mining code in general triggers such hits from AV software because many times mining code was included in viruses and malware.
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

yes. on flypool i went from 216 sols to 470 sols 2x290x's and 8 x 290's
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I got 5 x MSI R9-390 = 270sol/s per rig

Thanks Claymore!
Activity: 151
6x380 Asus 4G moded bios = 200h/s
6x470 Nitro 8G moded bios = 300h/s

Claymore, you are the best!!!

What's your bios mod for the 470 Nitro? Just tighter timing straps? Overclock? or both?

here is the bios I am using

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p3isa01rbyhzofe/AAAoc5xvsvgAe68HeijD7A2Oa?dl=0

Never updated bios on a gpu before.....Can someone provide a link step by step (youtube) or anything else?

Thanks

Check out this youtube video for modding your GPU bios:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwb67g4skGM
Activity: 188
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Does not work with reference stratum, all shares are invalid. I guess target is ignored or something with nonces.

Please send me pool address for tests, I will check it.

I was wrong it's ok, some people reported invalid shares i bet driver issues. Are you planing to relax driver requirement? Some of my miners are on win 8 damn it it's impossible to install crimson there.
Activity: 20
Well done. 2.5% fee is a bit high ...
Working very well on 280(x)
Good job

I reserved some space for reducing fee in future Smiley

Is there a way for devfee to bee mined on the same pool as set? Because it`s take a long time to switch beetween polls?

If you mine on pools that accept ZCash wallet directly, miner will use same pool. If you use pool that accept Login.Worker instead of wallet address - miner cannot mine devfee there, so it has to use some default pools. For large pools I can fix it by creating accounts on these pools, but I did not do it in first version.
Thank you for reply and for miner, https://www2.coinmine.pl/zec is big and good pool. Maybe consider to add it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
@Claymore:

ive got two problems:

1) reconnects @ nicehash when "method:reconnect" (or something similar) is issued, where other miners dont reconnect, is this due to the missing extranonce when switching job orders?

2) after DevFee mining ends all shares are getting rejected till a new job starts from nicehash

Might be the AMD drivers like someone mentioned before, newer drivers don't have this issue.

im using latest from amd website
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
@Claymore:

ive got two problems:

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Claymore please fix, when mining on Nicehash

Jump to: