Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 0.15 BTC per transcript of LetsTalkBitcoin - page 32. (Read 72233 times)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250
Ok cool thanks.  
Activity: 322
Lol I thought I just reserved episode 57 man go back a few posts
I removed the post, nevermind
i got 43 anyway
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Sorry for the misunderstanding - in that post I
  • posted the episode 10 transcript
  • apologised for our misunderstanding
  • asked to reserve 57
  • realised 57 was already taken by you, and withdrew my reservation
  • asked about a higher payment for doing E39

I don't really see what's "shady as fuck" about this, are you implying I somehow got into your computer and stole your transcription?

Martijnvdc, that one's already claimed by tennis - I can vouch that this is not an argument you want to get into Tongue
Lol I thought I just reserved episode 57 man go back a few posts
Well, here's the finished transcript for episode 10, "A Brave, New World".

Tennis, I'm still sorry all this confusion happened, but since you've been nothing but rude about the entire ordeal, I'm starting to feel less sorry for you. Either way, good luck with your future transcriptions.

According to your list, episode 57 "Protoshares and Selfish Mining" should be available as it's been reserved for more than two weeks, so I'd like to reserve that. It's confusing to keep track in this thread, though, so I'll wait for your confirmation. edit lol ignore this, just noticed it's the one tennis reserved! (It's an easy mistake to make!)

Could I also ask if there's a chance of a slightly higher payment for transcribing E39, considering it has a combined length of an hour and thirty five minutes? If so, I'd like to reserve that instead!

edit To make this completely clear: if there is a higher payment for E39, I'd like to do that. Otherwise please sign me up for E52, the reservation for which has expired. Thank you!

BTC address: 19duyhWV79wWnM9SQQL75zXcM7B63JvDkh
Activity: 448
omg, qwk you need to come here fast... otherwise they'll Gun each other down..
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
But the first time this happened, I didn't read someone else's reservation, so it was my fault - this time, I was the first to claim it, with due apologies to tennis for his wasted efforts afterwards.

My second post "claiming" it was only made because I'd read OP's post which said that it was definitely free, and I wanted to make sure he knew that was my no.1 preference. I know this makes me sound like a huge dick, but I think I should get to finish this one since it was claimed by tennis after I'd already expressed an interest.

Also, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley is my favourite book, so I feel like this episode and I were destined to be together Cheesy

We'll let OP decide but you post doesn't really say you want to reserve it.

Alternatively, if either of these are available (it's been more than two weeks), my preference would be E10, E57, then 04.

You should've posted: I would like to reserve episode 10. If it isn't available I'll reserve episode 57 etc....
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Can I please get a ruling on transcript 10?  I am close to halfway through and the guy never posted that he was going to start episode 10 let alone start it.

Also I have finished episodes 33 and 40 and I am now starting on episode 57 until I get the ruling.
I thought there was only one bounty per person?

The one reservation per person rule was added after the fact, which is why some people were able to reserve multiple episodes.

There may or may not be expiring reservations, where there has been two weeks time passed without the reservee requesting extension.
I have a reservation for 42 and 43, and I'm almost done 42.

I no longer have the time to do 43, so if anyone wants it, please take it.

I will take it.

Reserve #43 for fran2k.

Thanks Cheesy
Sorry, mate; see my post just a bit ago:
No episodes left now?
otherwise i reserve the lowest available episode number.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500

I will take it.

Reserve #43 for fran2k.

Thanks Cheesy
legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
Yeah, I just sent a message to tennis telling him this literally happened to me just yesterday, so I know how horrible it is to have to waste what you've typed. Sad

Haha I didn't notice that was you as well. You should've learned a valueble lesson the first time Grin.
But the first time this happened, I didn't read someone else's reservation, so it was my fault - this time, I was the first to claim it, with due apologies to tennis for his wasted efforts afterwards.

My second post "claiming" it was only made because I'd read OP's post which said that it was definitely free, and I wanted to make sure he knew that was my no.1 preference. I know this makes me sound like a huge dick, but I think I should get to finish this one since it was claimed by tennis after I'd already expressed an interest.

Also, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley is my favourite book, so I feel like this episode and I were destined to be together Cheesy

We'll let OP decide but you post doesn't really say you want to reserve it.

Alternatively, if either of these are available (it's been more than two weeks), my preference would be E10, E57, then 04.

You should've posted: I would like to reserve episode 10. If it isn't available I'll reserve episode 57 etc....

This is absolutely correct!!  Thank you anon...  whatever you're doing right now Kieran is extremely shady. Why have you continued working on this episode?  You have never claimed this episode!!  I have first in the thread.

The reason I'm making a big deal about it is that I'm currently at 41:49 in the podcast, 8275 words (I've been doing solid work since we had our argument, because I didn't want to delay the episode). I expect to have it posted here within the hour. You can carry on with it if you really want, but I think this thread shows that I reserved it first, and at this point it would be a race between us to see who can waste more of the other's time.

Why would this guy continue writing after our argument?  He is trying to power me out of this and I could have it done by the end of the day... I could have had it done as well but did the responsible thing and... just Kieran stop.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I make pretty things.

legendary
฿uy ฿itcoin
I think you might have missed my previous post, which I edited a couple of hours after I posted it -
It is done! http://www.scribd.com/doc/186606842/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-episode-42-transcription

If it meets your quality criteria, I'd like payment to be sent to 19duyhWV79wWnM9SQQL75zXcM7B63JvDkh please. I'd also like to sign myself up for Ep 04, The Horrible Warnings, if nobody else has, although I won't start working on it for a day or two in case my fingers fall off D:

Thanks!

edit
A couple reservations that will expire within the next days, please let me know if you're still working on them:
E57 – Protoshares & Selfish Mining 51:43 R 12648430 2013-11-09
E10 – A Brave, New World 53:49 R jambola2 2013-11-09
Alternatively, if either of these are available (it's been more than two weeks), my preference would be E10, E57, then 04. I'm sure you can understand why! Tongue
I had hoped that would be sufficient for claiming E10, since it was my first preference. I'm a few thousand words into writing it atm. Have you started writing it? If you have, we can discuss it, but if you haven't then I'd recommend going for episode 57, which is unclaimed and shorter than E10!

(edit: also, if for some reason your reservation is counted as legitimate and mine's not, then that's the second transcript in two days that I've spent a hours writing for no reason Sad )

I hope you can come to an agreement but it's not smart to start writing before you have reserved (and confirmed) it. You're not the first one who this has happened to :p.
Kieran you have done everything possible wrong.  There is no way you deserve to jip me here.  Why have you continued?  Everything you have done is wrong... need the boss's attention whenever I can get it because as we have it the reservations system is a tiny bit sketch with people not following the rules.  And to just give you the episode after not following proper procedure? 

Why on earth have you continued?  Kieran, you are absolutely outrageous and really should not be continuing on this episode!  Choose another one and choose ONE.
Can I please get a ruling on transcript 10?  I am close to halfway through and the guy never posted that he was going to start episode 10 let alone start it.

Also I have finished episodes 33 and 40 and I am now starting on episode 57 until I get the ruling.
The reason I'm making a big deal about it is that I'm currently at 41:49 in the podcast, 8275 words (I've been doing solid work since we had our argument, because I didn't want to delay the episode). I expect to have it posted here within the hour. You can carry on with it if you really want, but I think this thread shows that I reserved it first, and at this point it would be a race between us to see who can waste more of the other's time.

Once again, I really do sympathise with you, I know how much it sucks to have spent time on a transcript you can't get BTC for.
No episodes left now?
otherwise i reserve the lowest available episode number.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Wants to reserve E7. Would like to try my hand at it. I hope you are not going to charge back me if i am not able to do...  Grin
Sorry mate.. i have E7. reserved it yesterday.

But i don't see any reservation for E6, its the longest.

I would suggest wait for official allocation, so that you won't waste your time.

Oops! Don't know how I missed your post... oh I know its because I haven't had my morning coffee!

I'll reserve E06 then.

I thought there was only one bounty per person?
Can I please get a ruling on transcript 10?  I am close to halfway through and the guy never posted that he was going to start episode 10 let alone started it.

Pages:
Jump to: