Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 0.15 BTC per transcript of LetsTalkBitcoin - page 36. (Read 72233 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

May I please reserve episode 48?

could I reserve: E48 – Cypherpunks and Globetrotting

Think you've double booked 48
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
I'd like to reserve E49-Disruptive People, please.
Edit: Just saw that someone had already reserved that episode, it's just not updated in the main list.  Does anyone have E09 – Bitcoin 2013 Kickoff?
Did I miss something? I don't see a previous reservation of e49.

I'd like to reserve "E09 – Bitcoin 2013 Kickoff!" if it is available.

I'd like to reserve E08 (primarily) and E40.

could I reserve: E48 – Cypherpunks and Globetrotting
(edited)

I'd like to claim E41 – Bitcoin in Real Life.

Followup: I'd like to reserve episode 42, "NSA It Ain't So!". I've just spent four hours getting 3/4 of the way through an episode which I didn't realise was reserved, so I've gone through all the previous pages and CTRL+F'd "42" and I can't find any results. I'm going to start on 42 now, but given this'll be the second script I'm doing, I'd really appreciate a confirmation that this one isn't reserved or that I'll definitely receive 0.15 BTC for doing it. Thanks!
✔ Sorry for the confusion about e09.
To the best of my knowledge I confirm that e42 is available for you Wink
And yes, you'll receive 0.15 BTC if you deliver an acceptable transcription Smiley

On a side note, to all who PMed me about this:
Please, I'm not online 24 hours a day Shocked
(Even if I am, I'm sometimes busy with other stuff, so I can't always take the time to double-check in this thread and update the reservations' list).

If you're unsure about a reservation, just wait a couple hours or a day or even two, before you get to work!
Your reservations in this thread will always be confirmed and will make it into the official list.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I'd like to claim E41 – Bitcoin in Real Life.

{This is actually a great exercise in learning bitcoin history}
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Oh god, that was a lot of wasted time. Sad 4263 words!

Thanks for being gracious about it, I guess I'll transcribe another. I should've looked more closely before picking this one. Fuck.

That sucks! I can only imagine the feeling.... I have 5 minutes left on my transcription, so I know how much time you have invested in it O.o
Heh, I appreciate the concern. I'm already 814 words into the next episode so it's not so bad, but if it turns out someone else has claimed this episode... so help me God. Grin
Followup: I'd like to reserve episode 42, "NSA It Ain't So!". I've just spent four hours getting 3/4 of the way through an episode which I didn't realise was reserved, so I've gone through all the previous pages and CTRL+F'd "42" and I can't find any results. I'm going to start on 42 now, but given this'll be the second script I'm doing, I'd really appreciate a confirmation that this one isn't reserved or that I'll definitely receive 0.15 BTC for doing it. Thanks!
Oh god, that was a lot of wasted time. Sad 4263 words!

Thanks for being gracious about it, I guess I'll transcribe another. I should've looked more closely before picking this one. Fuck.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Let'sTalkBitcoin - Episode 09 - Bitcoin Kickoff 2013!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/186507958/Let-sTalkBitcoin-Transcription-Episode-09-Bitcoin-2013-Kickoff

BTC Address: 1DJywpQoNDkzmvgrJ3iUk6PvCSsSpKhCFk

Hello, I'd like to reserve episode 9, "Bitcoin 2013 Kickoff!". I intend to start transcribing it immediately!

EDIT: I've just seen this:
Edit: Just saw that someone had already reserved that episode, it's just not updated in the main list.  Does anyone have E09 – Bitcoin 2013 Kickoff?
I'm currently 2500 words into writing a transcription of this episode so I'd really, really appreciate it if I could take this one, even though xkeyscore89 rightfully claimed it first. You can click here to read what I've got so far - I've uploaded it as proof that I'm not just being a dick to the other guy. Please let me know who "gets" this one, I'd hate to have to start again after sinking several hours in already. Sad

Sorry, I'm already done with it, I'm about to post it.
Hello, I'd like to reserve episode 9, "Bitcoin 2013 Kickoff!". I intend to start transcribing it immediately!

EDIT: I've just seen this:
Edit: Just saw that someone had already reserved that episode, it's just not updated in the main list.  Does anyone have E09 – Bitcoin 2013 Kickoff?
I'm currently 2500 words into writing a transcription of this episode so I'd really, really appreciate it if I could take this one, even though xkeyscore89 rightfully claimed it first. You can click here to read what I've got so far - I've uploaded it as proof that I'm not just being a dick to the other guy. Please let me know who "gets" this one, I'd hate to have to start again after sinking several hours in already. Sad
bV
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
could I reserve:
E48 – Cypherpunks and Globetrotting
Activity: 174
Separation of currency and state.
Even if it takes five hours that's almost $25 an hour. Sounds good to me.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

And out of curiosity, those of you who have done some episodes, about how long did it take you? Say, for a one-hour episode, could you do it in two hours?

I type comfortably at 75wpm and I've hit 94wpm in a one-minute long typing speed test, I think I ought to be able to make this profitable.
Plan on 3+.
Activity: 174
Separation of currency and state.

And out of curiosity, those of you who have done some episodes, about how long did it take you? Say, for a one-hour episode, could you do it in two hours?

I type comfortably at 75wpm and I've hit 94wpm in a one-minute long typing speed test, I think I ought to be able to make this profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
Bit OT: Could someone give me the name of a web service which'll accept an http link, download it, then host it for me?
(or if Adam/Crystal could give me FTP access, that'd be cool -- I'm currently VPS-less)

The vast majority of my time "proofreading" is actually spent stopping and restarting the audio download from Soundcloud because they don't support resume and are particularly quick to time out a connection (my connection isn't reliable, so I can only download 1-2 per day, sometimes none).

Y'know, you're downloading a 41MB file @ a rate of 4.1kb/s, and an hour in, you have to restart. Frustrating, put mildly.  Cheesy

We upload all our episodes to youtube - Does that work better?
http://www.youtube.com/letstalkbitcoinchan

Also, the show *is* a podcast, not only can you download each episode from the soundcloud page (click the Download button) but if you subscribe with any normal podcast program you'll be able to download any/all episodes of LTB and play them back in whatever software you want.

Does that fit what you need?
Oh, cool - I totally missed the RSS feed (I kept looking through SoundCloud wondering which freakin' button I was missing). That seems to be working well, and it keeps it all in WinAmp, which is nice. Thanks!

(-But Andreas was near a bunch of chickens, right? I didn't mishear that? I'm not crazy?) Tongue

I don't think you're that crazy to be hearing chickens Tongue

So the chickens were from Adam's side, not Andreas'?
donator
The chickens are 100% from my side Smiley We have Chickens, Ducks and Guinea Fowl - got our first rooster about a month ago, I think he's been on a show or two so far Wink
Okay. Cheesy We had a goat not too long ago. She really needed another to keep her company, but I wasn't interested in putting more money in for a hobby which only returns milk I found myself unfond of (and she always found a way to break through the fencing...), so she went to a 4H student who has a fair collection of goats. Anyway, definitely understand it. Glad neighbor handles egg production for the area, though.  Smiley
Bit OT: Could someone give me the name of a web service which'll accept an http link, download it, then host it for me?
(or if Adam/Crystal could give me FTP access, that'd be cool -- I'm currently VPS-less)

The vast majority of my time "proofreading" is actually spent stopping and restarting the audio download from Soundcloud because they don't support resume and are particularly quick to time out a connection (my connection isn't reliable, so I can only download 1-2 per day, sometimes none).

Y'know, you're downloading a 41MB file @ a rate of 4.1kb/s, and an hour in, you have to restart. Frustrating, put mildly.  Cheesy

Also, the show *is* a podcast, not only can you download each episode from the soundcloud page (click the Download button) but if you subscribe with any normal podcast program you'll be able to download any/all episodes of LTB and play them back in whatever software you want.

Oh, cool - I totally missed the RSS feed (I kept looking through SoundCloud wondering which freakin' button I was missing). That seems to be working well, and it keeps it all in WinAmp, which is nice. Thanks!

(-But Andreas was near a bunch of chickens, right? I didn't mishear that? I'm not crazy?) Tongue

The chickens are 100% from my side Smiley We have Chickens, Ducks and Guinea Fowl - got our first rooster about a month ago, I think he's been on a show or two so far Wink
donator

Y'know, you're downloading a 41MB file @ a rate of 4.1kb/s, and an hour in, you have to restart. Frustrating, put mildly.  Cheesy

ETA: Awesome! Downloaded the entire set overnight. 74/75 succeeded, and downloaded the failed one successfully this morning!

Hello,

I'd like to reserve E49-Disruptive People, please.

Activity: 154
I'd like to reserve E08 (primarily) and E40.
Pages:
Jump to: