Pages:
Author

Topic: closed - page 22. (Read 27656 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 06, 2014, 12:47:42 AM
A ponzi is still a ponzi, it doesn't have to be run how you want it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
February 06, 2014, 12:38:12 AM
Why prioritizing small transactions ? Isn't better to just pay by order ?

It goes by order too, it is just weighted so that small ones jump up a few spots. If this didn't happen, every large deposit there would be a long period of time before anyone got paid out (then suddenly everything would pay out at once), and I want people to see it is actually paying out.

In giant letters on your site it says "Send BTC. Get 120% back when the next person sends."

Are you now saying that that is a lie?

Not exactly a lie, just an oversimplification.

That's not what the word means.

If someone sends in 1BTC and doesn't get 1.2BTC back whenever the very next person sends in an amount, no matter how small that second amount is, then "Send BTC. Get 120% back when the next person sends." is a lie.  Because what you said would happen is not, in fact, happening.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 06, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

It goes by order too, it is just weighted so that small ones jump up a few spots. If this didn't happen, every large deposit there would be a long period of time before anyone got paid out (then suddenly everything would pay out at once), and I want people to see it is actually paying out.

In giant letters on your site it says "Send BTC. Get 120% back when the next person sends."

Not exactly a lie, just an oversimplification.
Activity: 378
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
February 06, 2014, 12:20:37 AM

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
February 05, 2014, 10:53:15 PM
If someone actually sends 1 BTC, it will take a long while for all the 0.001 senders to get any return at all.
Actually, I set it up to prioritize the small transactions. The 1 BTC depositor will have to wait a while, and everyone else will get paid out as soon as their transaction confirms (this makes sense since the 1 BTC guy is making more money anyway).

If someone sent in 1 BTC, then it would take forever to get that one done and all the little ones would be held up.
Activity: 356
February 05, 2014, 10:35:17 PM
It's just a game. A gamble. A little bit of fun. As long as nobody drops their life-savings into it I really don't see the harm.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
February 05, 2014, 10:22:02 PM
MPOE-PR, the more I read this site the more I realise why you call out scams so often. Because of shit like this. Clearer scams couldn't come along any other day - these guys are calling themselves a Ponzi scheme, running a Ponzi scheme yet the players want to believe it's not a Ponzi scheme. It's going to be something different and special this time. The rainbow-shitting unicorns won't stop this time.

Note to the idiots still playing this game: one day soon it will stop paying out, and the last people to pay in will lose everything.

Congrats for catching on.

Actually you are retarded :
Says the man taking part in a Ponzi scheme...

You still don't understand. "Ponzi" is a play on word. You cannot be a ponzi and be transparent.
Ponzi schemes often use a pyramidal system and that's the link between Ponzi.io and a real ponzi.

You probably don't know but it is not the first "fair-ponzi" we see in Bitcoins, there was many of them and they were not scams.

The gem-system is similar : you take control of a gem for an amount and wait for someone else to take control after you to get back your money with interest.

Pirateat40 ran a nearly perfectly transparent ponzi. If it wasn't for his GPUMax mining operation it would have been totally so.

This is Bitcoin.
Activity: 252
February 05, 2014, 09:27:14 PM
To me this is a ponzi.  If people stopped playing, the last person(s) would lose their BTC. You NEED more people to keep paying to pay out the people from before.  That is a Ponzi, plain and simple.  Hey it's going to work for some people, but someone will get burned.

No "to you" about it. Things are what they are, and various idiots who imagine reality is layered on top of their perception rather than the other way around really enjoy the idea that they'll get something good out of doing pretty much nothing at all (but you know, being nice about it).

MPOE-PR, the more I read this site the more I realise why you call out scams so often. Because of shit like this. Clearer scams couldn't come along any other day - these guys are calling themselves a Ponzi scheme, running a Ponzi scheme yet the players want to believe it's not a Ponzi scheme. It's going to be something different and special this time. The rainbow-shitting unicorns won't stop this time.

Note to the idiots still playing this game: one day soon it will stop paying out, and the last people to pay in will lose everything.
February 05, 2014, 08:47:59 PM
I have actually tried this multiple times now and it always comes back with interest. It's a fun game!
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
February 05, 2014, 05:31:13 PM
To me this is a ponzi.  If people stopped playing, the last person(s) would lose their BTC. You NEED more people to keep paying to pay out the people from before.  That is a Ponzi, plain and simple.  Hey it's going to work for some people, but someone will get burned.

No "to you" about it. Things are what they are, and various idiots who imagine reality is layered on top of their perception rather than the other way around really enjoy the idea that they'll get something good out of doing pretty much nothing at all (but you know, being nice about it).
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
February 05, 2014, 02:32:27 PM

You still don't understand. "Ponzi" is a play on word. You cannot be a ponzi and be transparent.
Ponzi schemes often use a pyramidal system and that's the link between Ponzi.io and a real ponzi.

You probably don't know but it is not the first "fair-ponzi" we see in Bitcoins, there was many of them and they were not scams.

The gem-system is similar : you take control of a gem for an amount and wait for someone else to take control after you to get back your money with interest.

To me this is a ponzi.  If people stopped playing, the last person(s) would lose their BTC. You NEED more people to keep paying to pay out the people from before.  That is a Ponzi, plain and simple.  Hey it's going to work for some people, but someone will get burned.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 05, 2014, 02:30:46 PM

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
February 05, 2014, 12:31:41 PM
I think that is the best description of this website.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
February 05, 2014, 12:19:25 PM

February 05, 2014, 12:13:40 PM

legendary
February 05, 2014, 12:09:48 PM
Do you idiot children not understand what he's doing? He's paying out small transactions because he needs increasingly larger amounts of money to pay out the big ones, and paying out small ones increases trust.

Christ what a bunch of retards you all are.

Paying out small transaction is not an incentive for large deposit.
Small deposit do not pay for the big one.

That's why I think I would be better to pay by order or to fraction large deposit.
It would be an incentive for more deposit volume.
February 05, 2014, 11:36:23 AM
Do you idiot children not understand what he's doing? He's paying out small transactions because he needs increasingly larger amounts of money to pay out the big ones, and paying out small ones increases trust.

Christ what a bunch of retards you all are.
legendary
February 05, 2014, 11:20:16 AM
If someone actually sends 1 BTC, it will take a long while for all the 0.001 senders to get any return at all.
Actually, I set it up to prioritize the small transactions. The 1 BTC depositor will have to wait a while, and everyone else will get paid out as soon as their transaction confirms (this makes sense since the 1 BTC guy is making more money anyway).

I agree with this. Seems by order would be fairer. Although then I guess if someone dumps a whole BTC into it nobody else will be getting sh*t for a while. Just discourages larger deposits I guess.

Why not dividing deposit? Make a Max limit per pay.
February 05, 2014, 11:08:15 AM

I agree with this. Seems by order would be fairer. Although then I guess if someone dumps a whole BTC into it nobody else will be getting sh*t for a while. Just discourages larger deposits I guess.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
February 05, 2014, 10:59:04 AM

How long are we talking for the 1 BTC guy?  hours or days?
Pages:
Jump to: