Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 30. (Read 220163 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Hey, I am part of batch 1 and I really like this website so far but when I get to Step 2 at the part where I am supposed to sign with my bitcoin address. I believe your checker doesn't check armory signatures. Which are different than bitcoin-qts. I can most definitely send my signed message via pm or email if this will be a problem.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Good job and perfect organisation by Zefir!
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
The website URL is: https://verify.wpengine.com/

And chip assignments done during 'testing' are still on it Smiley

Thanks for the tl;dr version Wink

And yes, we did not reach the worst-case scenario, so all your data entered during test is still valid.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
The website URL is: https://verify.wpengine.com/

And chip assignments done during 'testing' are still on it Smiley
donator
Update: Website open

Thanks to the testers checking out the website. It looks good so far, nothing exploded over night, so I am opening the site for all now.

If you missed, please check the previous announcement on how to use it.

A friendly reminder: please use the Contact form if you need support related to the site - the forum PM is messy and prevents me from delegating requests for fast processing.

Info: Processing chips distribution to manufacturers
I initially discussed with burnin how to process delivery of chips for users buying boards. We agreed that with each parcel I send, I will include a list of users and the number of their chips included in that shipment.

That should generally suffice for any assembler building boards, if you need more information, please let me know.
donator
I've got orders in Batches 5,6,8- I'm trying to figure out what's best to use... Individual shipments, right? or is it better to wait for the full order?.. which would delay everything. Just wanting to see what everyone else what selecting.

one question.

I made multiple orders in different batches (for example, I made 3 orders in batch #3, and 2 orders in batch #4). If I select one address for all orders in one batch, will you ship the chips from one batch together?

Added a related note, basically: we do not know when and how batches are shipped. If they deliver exactly as ordered, worst thing that can happen is if you had an order in batch 1 and would need to wait ~2 weeks to ship it together with your order from the last batch. Also, please consider that manufacturers have their own processes, i.e. if your chips arrive there today, it does not mean they are assembled immediately.

I wish I could tell you more, but sadly nobody knows. Since the potential gain of individual shipping is uncertain and the potential loss by waiting to combine orders is limited, I'd suggest to do the latter. But you are of course free to choose.

Another point I got asked several times: some ordered larger quantities in one order and would like to split it into smaller ones to ship to different manufacturers. This is something I missed to consider and now needs to be handled manually. If you want to do so, please send me a request with your order (batch/position/chips) and how you would like to split it. After the update of the database, you should be able to process regularly.

One last note: please use the Contact form for support requests. This forum's PM system functionality is very limited, and as soon as you get over 20 PMs a day, it is almost unusable.

Thanks
donator
Update: Website opened for test-run

Site

https://verify.wpengine.com

Thanks

Zefir let us know when we can all register. As i understood you are in a test-run now.

Just came back from work and need to check how smoothly it worked. If I can fix everything over night, it will be open for everyone tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
one question.

I made multiple orders in different batches (for example, I made 3 orders in batch #3, and 2 orders in batch #4). If I select one address for all orders in one batch, will you ship the chips from one batch together?
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
I am missing my first batch of 30 on the login, I sent an email via the contact form with more details.

Thanks,

Doff
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Registered, login, signning... everything went ok
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
registered and finalized the.shipment. All went ok !

thanks for the great job Zefir
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

Site

Thanks

Zefir let us know when we can all register. As i understood you are in a test-run now.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I registered but it's not showing all my orders. It shows 240, should be 360.

This is because you stated 2 different usernames (note that a username is case sensitive). You used "Dani" for your first order and "dani" for your 3 other orders.
Zefir will sort this out for you.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
..yeah
I registered but it's not showing all my orders. It shows 240, should be 360. I'll quote my boughts here shortly:

dani; 100; 8.6; 12jFMLBN4uo665gCpSTBPEYDm1oBb1xcRH
edit: (wrong adress before, i put in your adress)

ordered another 100chips. This makes 220 alltogether. Smiley

dani; 100; 8.6; 12jFMLBN4uo665gCpSTBPEYDm1oBb1xcRH

so this makes 120 + 100 + 100 = 320 alltogether.

dani; 40; 3.44; 12jFMLBN4uo665gCpSTBPEYDm1oBb1xcRH

another 40, this makes 360 alltogether.

Thank you zefir

It does not show my batch4 order, I guess thats because I originally put in your adresse instead of mine. Could you please fix this? Sorry for the trouble  Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
registered and set destination for my chips. All OK Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1064
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
Reg. all set, thanks for the simple interface. Very nice.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Registered and found all my chips called for. Thanks for putting this together.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Website seems to work very well. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
registered. its working ok. Smiley

g00d work zefir maxmint!
donator

Folks, we are almost on schedule. The website for collecting the shipping addresses is ready and going to be launched after a first test run.

As outlined in the OP, the order processing is solely based on features we have inherently provided with Bitcoin, namely the blockchain as indisputable log of trades and the address signing mechanism to undeniably claim ownership of payments. You all had enough time to learn how to address sign - if you missed, now is a good time to get used to it.

The design I had in mind was implemented by user maxmint - Kudos to him for the realization of a 'reduce to the max' approach and an overall great result.

Process Steps
Access to the site is provided (as usual) in two steps: you need to register and get associated with the order data first, then perform further tasks after login.

Registering
The first step requires you to identify yourself with the account name you used to order chips. Along with entering basic user information, you need to sign a message with the address you paid from (or select one of them if you used different ones for multiple orders). Once your signature is verified, you can log in with the credentials you provided.

Security note: there is a 2-level security throughout this site: logging in with your credentials gives read-only access, while modifying shipping data always requires address signing. Therefore, getting your password hacked is not critical, while your shipping data is as secure as your private keys are.

Setting shipping addresses
This is the core functionality of the site. You can select the shipping destination of your chips, which can be either your own address, or select from a list of board manufacturers you want your chips be shipped to for assembly (please let me know if you miss some project there). If you have more than one orders, you are given the choice to either ship all of them to a common address, or enter individual ones for each order. Every modification of shipping addresses requires you to sign with the associated Bitcoin address.

Note that so far there is no choice for shipment methods or a selection of parcel services to chose from. In the first stage, I want to focus on collecting the shipping addresses to get some rough figures on the shipping methods needed. If required, I will offer you to select those options at a later time, but most probably I will take what I think works best.

Alongside the address, you can attach some comment to each order if you think there is something I need to know about (like you sold this order to someone else).

You are free to change the shipping addresses as often as you like, which allows you to enter a manufacturer as destination now, and change later when you found a better one. Once you made up your mind, you can finalize shipping addresses by setting the related check-box. This will lock the data and you will not be able to change it any more. Use this as a security feature, or for special applications (like after-sales trades, see below).

Getting a receipt
At any time you can download a text file containing your data on file, that is address signed with 13esx3hBktobmw2CWHKdboqDE8oZbwkbxp. As soon as your address is locked, you can use this confirmation to claim your boards from manufacturers you sent your chips to. Same goes for after-sales trades (see below).

Getting support

The website was designed with simplicity and functionality in mind and was tested thoroughly before launch. If you still face problems or have some suggestions, please use the Contact feature to direct your input to me. I'll try to process your feedback within 48h, but depending on how well everything goes, I can only promise to do it as fast as possible.

Special Case: after-sales trades

For orders re-sold after the sales to new buyers, the original buyer needs to process the following steps:
  • register to the site
  • set shipping address to what was agreed with new buyer
  • add a comment that chips were sold from original to new user (include nick names)
  • lock the shipping address
  • download receipt and provide to new buyer
  • the new buyer can release escrowed funds

Test-run
While basically open for everyone, I like to ask the users who have orders in the first batch to give it a try. If it works flawlessly, I'll announce it as generally usable. If something unpredicted happens, worst case outcome would be that 1st batch users would need to re-enter their information again.

Site

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: