Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 29. (Read 220163 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Sorry,
I have selected the destination for my chips last week.
How do I lock it?
Thanks!

Sorry if that was not obvious: in the shipping destination drop-down list first select a different destination, then go back to your previous and tick the finalize check-box, and finally sign your change request.

It was intentionally left in the change area and is not visible outside, since this is such a strong feature (the only way for me to fix a wrongly set lock is to delete the user and allow to register again), it is too risky to place the locking check-box at the overview page.

HTH
I just did this and didn't see any box to check to finalize.
It just wants me to sign again but I don't see the box to finalize.
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
It's unfortunate that you've decided to not use SwissPost. I was expecting you to ship them via SwissPost since their pricing was very reasonable and I hope that the final shipping cost will remain low, especially since I have a small 10 chip order.

Hm, I was expecting people to be eager to get their chips fast, but you are right, for small orders  it maybe is not worth it. No sense in making shipping more expensive than the chips themselves. All I can do at the moment is to promise to consider any potential approach for an optimal solution. This e.g. might include traveling to Germany and send via DHL from there - with prices 80% lower than what is charged here in Switzerland Sad

Generally, this all is relevant if you ship to your private address only. If you otherwise delegate your chips to a manufacturer, all orders from a batch will be combined into one package with shipping costs evenly split, which will significantly reduce costs per user.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
It's unfortunate that you've decided to not use SwissPost. I was expecting you to ship them via SwissPost since their pricing was very reasonable and I hope that the final shipping cost will remain low, especially since I have a small 10 chip order.
donator
Update

Sample chip shipping payments

Those who received their sample chips, please ignore the invoice I enclosed with the parcel. It is meant for customs, just in case. The S&H for the samples is a flat 0.4BTC value, please do not adapt it due to the recent fluctuations in the BTC/fiat exchange rate. If you have the coins at hand, please send 0.4BTC to 184g4gAJqtM1BTDmDwRPB4AokXbqtZ2wnG. If you don't have, please post here you received the chips and want to take them as donation.

Sample chips shipping time / shipping of final chips

Some of the developers received their chips within 5 days, others are waiting for two weeks and more. I sent those out as registered priority mail via SwissPost, which gives a delivery time of 5 days. From the tracking information I see that they are delivered to the destination country within 2 days, but then it becomes slow. Interestingly enough, those folks around the globe (USA, Australia, Asia) got heirs delivered fast, while in the EU the delays are significantly longer. I talked to SwissPost and their feedback is that they do guarantee delivery into destination country, but have no control over the processing times there.

As a consequence, I will not ship the final chips via SwissPost, which will be challenging to come by: DHL offers only express here and charges ~$200 for the smallest parcel (that is, sending a 100g chocolate block). Other parcel services are even more expensive. A user from a USA pointed out that for that amount of money I could send chips directly via air-freight overnight, which would be an option for those living nearby an airport. Alas, this would require me to drive to Zurich airport for each shipment, therefore not a real alternative. Still I do not have a clear picture how the chips will arrive (all at once or one parcel per day), so I'll investigate further and try to find a good solution.

New shipping destination added
steamboat is now available as destination for your orders.
donator
Does it need to be locked or is this just a security feature?

Yes, to get shipped, it must be locked to prevent buyers from changing addresses after I shipped.

Still, no need to hurry, before locking at least you should get some proof that the manufacturer of your choice has some approved working prototype.
Activity: 401
Does it need to be locked or is this just a security feature?
donator
Sorry,
How do I lock it?
Thanks!

Sorry if that was not obvious: in the shipping destination drop-down list first select a different destination, then go back to your previous and tick the finalize check-box, and finally sign your change request.

It was intentionally left in the change area and is not visible outside, since this is such a strong feature (the only way for me to fix a wrongly set lock is to delete the user and allow to register again), it is too risky to place the locking check-box at the overview page.

HTH
Activity: 378
Sorry,
How do I lock it?
Thanks!
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
Hey, I ordered in the first batch, but only did 10, then the board designs started to come out as 16 and 64, anyone from batch one care to sell me at least 6 chips? pm me please..  I can also buy more if you have extras.. cheers!

You could use Burnin's boards:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/work-in-progess-burnins-avalon-chip-to-mining-board-service-179769
his board design is capable of running on either 10 or 20 chips.

FYI: I have no affiliation with Burnin but I do plan to purchase boards from him for myself.

Ahhh, yea right thanks I may just do that instead!
donator
Thnks Zefir for your work but when i try to singup in your site i have to send signing msg from my wallet but i didnt send my order frm my wallet i sent it from bitstamp and you confirm it https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1857112

sorry for mess i made .

thanks

Yes, and one post after the linked I asked you for an address to associate to your order and you gave me 1Kjvxd9CbnYbigcC13gS5VAd2asNcdVSyH

Is there some other problem?

yes but this is not my wallet address i though you need my address if any thing happen , this is bitstamp address too not my own i sont use wallet because it take big space , so i cant send from bitstamp any msg.

sorry again .

You need to give me an address you can sign from. Please check whatever wallet you are using and select one address to assign to your order.

Please do that over PM.
legendary
Activity: 1015
Thnks Zefir for your work but when i try to singup in your site i have to send signing msg from my wallet but i didnt send my order frm my wallet i sent it from bitstamp and you confirm it https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1857112

sorry for mess i made .

thanks

Yes, and one post after the linked I asked you for an address to associate to your order and you gave me 1Kjvxd9CbnYbigcC13gS5VAd2asNcdVSyH

yes but this is not my wallet address i though you need my address if any thing happen , this is bitstamp address too not my own i sont use wallet because it take big space , so i cant send from bitstamp any msg.

sorry again .
donator

sorry for mess i made .

thanks

legendary
Activity: 1015

sorry for mess i made .

thanks
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
Really nice work zefir and maxmint, clean, easy. Congrats!
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Hey, I ordered in the first batch, but only did 10, then the board designs started to come out as 16 and 64, anyone from batch one care to sell me at least 6 chips? pm me please..  I can also buy more if you have extras.. cheers!

You could use Burnin's boards:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/work-in-progess-burnins-avalon-chip-to-mining-board-service-179769
his board design is capable of running on either 10 or 20 chips.

FYI: I have no affiliation with Burnin but I do plan to purchase boards from him for myself.
Activity: 141
???
Finished up the registration process, super smooth. This is a top notch operation, props to you Zefir.

Thanks

m
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
donator
Status Update

ASICME.COM added as shipping destination

I have added ASICME.COM as shipping destination, the company that is offering to buy your chips in several auctions.

If you sold some of your orders, you can enter them as shipping destination and finalize your order. With the receipt you should get your escrowed funds released.

Statistics
So far, 107 users registered and ~17k chips has been assigned for shipping. We are not in a hurry (earliest chips expected within the next 2-4 weeks), but if one day the big box arrives at my door and you have not yet entered your shipping address, chips will be delivered to those after you who did (chips will not be left wasted on a shelf).

So please, if you did not yet register, do so soon. Also, if you know someone who might not follow this thread, point him out to the latest updates. If you did not make up your mind yet, you still should temporary select a destination and make up your mind later.

Generally, chips will be shipped only to locked addresses, so until you do not finalize it, you are free to change its destination.
Activity: 125
Hey, I am part of batch 1 and I really like this website so far but when I get to Step 2 at the part where I am supposed to sign with my bitcoin address. I believe your checker doesn't check armory signatures. Which are different than bitcoin-qts. I can most definitely send my signed message via pm or email if this will be a problem.

Right, signatures are checked by bitcoind, i.e. if your client is generating signatures in a different format, it won't work. Please check if there is some option in Armory to generate Bitcoin-qt formatted signatures.

If you have a bitcoind running somewhere, you can easily sign the challenge (which is the epoch at request time and therefore unique) with the bitcoind CLI. Otherwise, you could try to generate signatures at brainwallet or create a blockchaininfo Wallet for signing. Note that those online wallets fail signing messages longer than 255 chars, but should work with the short messages we are using.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I think it is acceptable to assume bitcoind as the reference for signing / verifying; it does not help the case if different clients are using incompatible formats.
Thanks zefir for your quick reply. I had no idea you could easily sign for addresses using the brainwallet signing feature. It was no inconvenience at all besides my paranoia making me unplug my ethernet cord before I plugged in my priv key. I have got my account all set up thanks very much.
donator
Hey, I am part of batch 1 and I really like this website so far but when I get to Step 2 at the part where I am supposed to sign with my bitcoin address. I believe your checker doesn't check armory signatures. Which are different than bitcoin-qts. I can most definitely send my signed message via pm or email if this will be a problem.

Right, signatures are checked by bitcoind, i.e. if your client is generating signatures in a different format, it won't work. Please check if there is some option in Armory to generate Bitcoin-qt formatted signatures.

If you have a bitcoind running somewhere, you can easily sign the challenge (which is the epoch at request time and therefore unique) with the bitcoind CLI. Otherwise, you could try to generate signatures at brainwallet or create a blockchaininfo Wallet for signing. Note that those online wallets fail signing messages longer than 255 chars, but should work with the short messages we are using.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I think it is acceptable to assume bitcoind as the reference for signing / verifying; it does not help the case if different clients are using incompatible formats.
Pages:
Jump to: