Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] batch #20/21 .31 - .35 btc for USB miners & 10.25 blades - USA only - page 11. (Read 72173 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Canary has proven that he is the best!
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

I know people who did that to cheap USB 2.0 HUBS and it did not go well...

Once again it looks like LOCATION MATTERS!
Canary has his shipment, others do not. Time = money!
Thanks canary!

What's that  saying?

Location Location Location! and Canaries got it.
Being near a HUB/Airport has it's advantages.

I've had Priority delivered in ONE DAY!
Truly amazing since I'm on the Coast.

I wonder IF anyone has a clue what it takes to get that many
orders organized and shipped the same day...
and even within hours and it's no fluke either.

THANK YOU!!!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley
For all you and your team do taking care of us all.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Small flat rate boxes with provided labels shipped.

Do you think you will be able to get all Blades + USB Miners out the door today?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Activity: 839
Merit: 608

Amazing service. Providing labels saves everyone so much work!
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform

Once again it looks like LOCATION MATTERS!
Canary has his shipment, others do not. Time = money!
Thanks canary!
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
donator
Dropped off provided Express labels.
And since you have that tracking number, no need for me to PM you.
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
... never used it but all my 10 port hubs with 10 sticks using a 12 volt 4 amp brick killed the bricks after 2 weeks of run time.  I have a lot of spare 12 volt 5amp bricks and they worked great.  Your gear is 12 volt 3 amp but the markings or ratings are not what count.  for all I know my 12 volt 4amp bricks were less then your 12 volt 3amp brick.  I have found this brick works well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VE7GQQ/ref=oh_details_o05_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   I have 1 of these

as does this one

http://www.power-guide.com/pdf/SPU50.pdf    meanwell spu50-3

I can't find these any more I have 8 or 9 from other projects these are very good if you can find them.
these usb miners draw 5V x 0.5A each, so the total draw is 2.5VA.  if the brick is really a 12V 3A then it can output 36VA, which is plenty of power for 10 usb miners (2.5VA x 10 = 25VA).  that is assuming the brick is really rated at that.

the math you are doing is wrong.    A 3amp 12 volt brick can do 3 x 12 or 36 watts output.   (max in theory)   ruining gear 24/7/365  you should not exceed 80% of the max rating   so 80% of 36 watts is 28,8 watts.   10 sticks pull about 25 watts.  So it looks good as 25 watts is less then 28.8 watts.    But the brick is at 12 volts the sticks at 5 volts this means the 12vdc is ruduced to 5vdc...     so 28.8 at 90 percent  is   25.92 watts          all these numbers show me that the brick would burn up in 24/7/365 use with 10 sticks in less then a month......  Of course the only way to know this is to test it since no one knows the real rating of the brick...  

in the meantime   I found some very good replacement bricks    they are relabeled meanwell spu50-3  bricks.

I found them on ebay they give 12 volts at 5 amps and would run any 10 port brick endlessly.  I ordered 6 bricks today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161084703940?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649  

he will mail them to me in a few days .  I will get back with a report on these bricks.
[/quote]

BRILLIANT IDEA!!! I have been having problems with underpowered USB hubs ever since I started with some USB ASIC Eruptors.... Instead of replacing / Trying another type of hub THIS is a GREAT first STEP... Just replace the POWER SUPPLY!!!   BRILLIANT IDEA... Anyone having a prob with USB hubs should Definitely TRY THIS FIRST...  great Idea... digeros  PS this guys is charging $12 shipping BTW???
[/quote]

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
... never used it but all my 10 port hubs with 10 sticks using a 12 volt 4 amp brick killed the bricks after 2 weeks of run time.  I have a lot of spare 12 volt 5amp bricks and they worked great.  Your gear is 12 volt 3 amp but the markings or ratings are not what count.  for all I know my 12 volt 4amp bricks were less then your 12 volt 3amp brick.  I have found this brick works well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VE7GQQ/ref=oh_details_o05_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   I have 1 of these

as does this one

http://www.power-guide.com/pdf/SPU50.pdf    meanwell spu50-3

I can't find these any more I have 8 or 9 from other projects these are very good if you can find them.
these usb miners draw 5V x 0.5A each, so the total draw is 2.5VA.  if the brick is really a 12V 3A then it can output 36VA, which is plenty of power for 10 usb miners (2.5VA x 10 = 25VA).  that is assuming the brick is really rated at that.
[/quote]

the math you are doing is wrong.    A 3amp 12 volt brick can do 3 x 12 or 36 watts output.   (max in theory)   ruining gear 24/7/365  you should not exceed 80% of the max rating   so 80% of 36 watts is 28,8 watts.   10 sticks pull about 25 watts.  So it looks good as 25 watts is less then 28.8 watts.    But the brick is at 12 volts the sticks at 5 volts this means the 12vdc is ruduced to 5vdc...     so 28.8 at 90 percent  is   25.92 watts          all these numbers show me that the brick would burn up in 24/7/365 use with 10 sticks in less then a month......  Of course the only way to know this is to test it since no one knows the real rating of the brick...  

in the meantime   I found some very good replacement bricks    they are relabeled meanwell spu50-3  bricks.

I found them on ebay they give 12 volts at 5 amps and would run any 10 port brick endlessly.  I ordered 6 bricks today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161084703940?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649  

he will mail them to me in a few days .  I will get back with a report on these bricks.
[/quote]

BRILLIANT IDEA!!! I have been having problems with underpowered USB hubs ever since I started with some USB ASIC Eruptors.... Instead of replacing / Trying another type of hub THIS is a GREAT first STEP... Just replace the POWER SUPPLY!!!   BRILLIANT IDEA... Anyone having a prob with USB hubs should Definitely TRY THIS FIRST...  great Idea... digeros  PS this guys is charging $12 shipping BTW???
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
wish DHL would make a big delivery like that to me...  Smiley
legendary
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
delivered.  unpacking.  DHL did send 1 van for my delivery as i suspected...  Grin
packing and shipping.  won't be able to reply to PMs for a while.

Awesome news!
Thanks for the heads up & letting us know.

Do what ya gotta do!!!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Love it! It's a race now between my new hub and the usbs! Here's to 1 day delivery after canary ships (optimistic!).

TJ

My USB hub won the race. I waited to order until confirmation from Canary.

I went with the GearMo. It looks so lonely right now with just a fan in it and a USB data stick I threw in just to test.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BZABGWK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as a heads ups  it reads a 12v 3 amp brick   that is about  a 7 or 8 stick max.   

Not sure about that, saw that this had actually been reviewed by some people here that 10 spots out of 10 were usable. Not too worried for me personally though since I only ordered 7 and a fan from amazon.

never used it but all my 10 port hubs with 10 sticks using a 12 volt 4 amp brick killed the bricks after 2 weeks of run time.  I have a lot of spare 12 volt 5amp bricks and they worked great.  Your gear is 12 volt 3 amp but the markings or ratings are not what count.  for all I know my 12 volt 4amp bricks were less then your 12 volt 3amp brick.  I have found this brick works well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VE7GQQ/ref=oh_details_o05_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   I have 1 of these

as does this one

http://www.power-guide.com/pdf/SPU50.pdf    meanwell spu50-3

these usb miners draw 5V x 0.5A each, so the total draw is 2.5VA.  if the brick is really a 12V 3A then it can output 36VA, which is plenty of power for 10 usb miners (2.5VA x 10 = 25VA).  that is assuming the brick is really rated at that.

the math you are doing is wrong.    A 3amp 12 volt brick can do 3 x 12 or 36 watts output.   (max in theory)   ruining gear 24/7/365  you should not exceed 80% of the max rating   so 80% of 36 watts is 28,8 watts.   10 sticks pull about 25 watts.  So it looks good as 25 watts is less then 28.8 watts.    But the brick is at 12 volts the sticks at 5 volts this means the 12vdc is ruduced to 5vdc...     so 28.8 at 90 percent  is   25.92 watts          all these numbers show me that the brick would burn up in 24/7/365 use with 10 sticks in less then a month......  Of course the only way to know this is to test it since no one knows the real rating of the brick...   

in the meantime   I found some very good replacement bricks    they are relabeled meanwell spu50-3  bricks.

I found them on ebay they give 12 volts at 5 amps and would run any 10 port brick endlessly.  I ordered 6 bricks today.

he will mail them to me in a few days .  I will get back with a report on these bricks.
donator
So the blades are not in a single box like they were previously sold.  each one consists of 3 boxes for each component and a separate power connector and a separate fuse.

packing is going to be longer than thought...

as a result, local pickups are not going to happen today.  probably tomorrow.

back to shipping, i won't be able to respond to PMs for a while today.
Activity: 677
delivered.  unpacking.  DHL did send 1 van for my delivery as i suspected...  Grin

A whole van dedicated just for you, huh?  Gotta makes you feel special!  You know what would be cool?  A photo of the huge shipment. Smiley

Of course, then we'll expect you to get packing! Cheesy
donator
Activity: 630
Love it! It's a race now between my new hub and the usbs! Here's to 1 day delivery after canary ships (optimistic!).

TJ

My USB hub won the race. I waited to order until confirmation from Canary.

I went with the GearMo. It looks so lonely right now with just a fan in it and a USB data stick I threw in just to test.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BZABGWK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as a heads ups  it reads a 12v 3 amp brick   that is about  a 7 or 8 stick max.   

Not sure about that, saw that this had actually been reviewed by some people here that 10 spots out of 10 were usable. Not too worried for me personally though since I only ordered 7 and a fan from amazon.

never used it but all my 10 port hubs with 10 sticks using a 12 volt 4 amp brick killed the bricks after 2 weeks of run time.  I have a lot of spare 12 volt 5amp bricks and they worked great.  Your gear is 12 volt 3 amp but the markings or ratings are not what count.  for all I know my 12 volt 4amp bricks were less then your 12 volt 3amp brick.  I have found this brick works well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VE7GQQ/ref=oh_details_o05_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   I have 1 of these

as does this one

http://www.power-guide.com/pdf/SPU50.pdf    meanwell spu50-3

these usb miners draw 5V x 0.5A each, so the total draw is 2.5VA.  if the brick is really a 12V 3A then it can output 36VA, which is plenty of power for 10 usb miners (2.5VA x 10 = 25VA).  that is assuming the brick is really rated at that.
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
visdude; 1; .34; 1AjQVZFmFRnwzomJPcAHBZhZoNUxPgTAqG

This is in addition to an existing order for a total of 4.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
this is good, bitcoin prices are going up...
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Landed in US  Grin

I can feel the hashing power approaching.
May the Hashing Be With You!
 Cheesy

Who would have thought SHA-256 could be so exciting and sexy?

These blades are gonna be sweeeeeeet!
Pages:
Jump to: