Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] batch #23/24 .105 btc USB + 4 btc NEW Blade miners - page 2. (Read 37123 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
...awaiting Canary sighting...hoping for 3BTC blades.
chirp... chirp...
awaiting info from friedcat to see what pricing I can use for next batches. hopefully will chat with him in a few hrs.

Welcome back!   You have been missed!
After todays increase,    id say the blades should be 2.8btc or less...  :/   might be time to wait on next gen for sure now..
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
chirp... chirp...
awaiting info from friedcat to see what pricing I can use for next batches. hopefully will chat with him in a few hrs.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
He probably sees that ASICMINER hardware is inefficient crap and with competition it will be useless sooner than later. I'm speaking from experience having been caught with a 100 usb's only to have a price drop 2 days later with zero compensation. Reselling is a risky game especially with these folks.

Well he did take a break at the right time.  I guess he's letting things shake-out before he jumps back in.
Activity: 728
He probably sees that ASICMINER hardware is inefficient crap and with competition it will be useless sooner than later. I'm speaking from experience having been caught with a 100 usb's only to have a price drop 2 days later with zero compensation. Reselling is a risky game especially with these folks.
Activity: 756
I hope Canary's not resting on his laurels now.  It seems like he's been gone a long time and the GB landscape is changing.  Can he reclaim his #1 standing?

yes, he can
Glow Stick Dance!
I hope Canary's not resting on his laurels now.  It seems like he's been gone a long time and the GB landscape is changing.  Can he reclaim his #1 standing?
sf2
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hash for Cash!
how fast is that big stick; who makes it?

Check my sig Wink

The blades are already around 3.3 I think (from SSB if you buy 9) and USB miners are now around 0.12 from couple of resellers here. So given that and some delay with Canary's new GB, I think we'll see closer to 0.1 for the USB miners and 3.2-3.4 for the blades.

Under .1, is a great buy for something in-hand in couple of days. Even if it has a negative ROI, it is still better than the "promises" of the other pre-order miners. Plus for $10 or so this is a great xmas tree ornament! (if you decide to quit mining)...or a stocking stuffer, heck... use it for Halloween instead of candy! 

I'm usually quite positive... But, this statement just doesn't give me very happy thoughts.

So would that be a Trick or Treat? Tongue
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
The blades are already around 3.3 I think (from SSB if you buy 9) and USB miners are now around 0.12 from couple of resellers here. So given that and some delay with Canary's new GB, I think we'll see closer to 0.1 for the USB miners and 3.2-3.4 for the blades.

Under .1, is a great buy for something in-hand in couple of days. Even if it has a negative ROI, it is still better than the "promises" of the other pre-order miners. Plus for $10 or so this is a great xmas tree ornament! (if you decide to quit mining)...or a stocking stuffer, heck... use it for Halloween instead of candy! 

I'm usually quite positive... But, this statement just doesn't give me very happy thoughts.
how fast is that big stick; who makes it?
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
  roi is not negative , if you are buying sticks on ebay using ebucks .  ebucks are locked to your ebay account and must only be spent buying an ebay item.  buying a stick on ebay for 20 dollars and using 15 in ebucks along with 5 cash is a case of smart buying.

So these sticks still sell on ebay.  thus a reseller can buy 20 or 30 in a group buy.  sell 25 on ebay and get 5 free sticks for themselves. the ebay buyers are also happy since they can spend an ebuck or two on a piece of electronics that makes cash for them.  buying coin is not easy.  buying a few sticks on ebay is easy.

these sticks will continue to sell  until these new sticks sell at a low cost as an in hand item.

the new bigger better sticks are:

a) costly  160 on ebay vs 20
 b) pre order  at least 2 week wait

So if they can sell them like canary sold the AM sticks then the AM sticks will die.  until that happens AM sticks still work for people if purchased for the correct reasons and in the correct ways.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Even if it has a negative ROI, it is still better than the "promises" of the other pre-order miners.
So you think that bitcoin has now sunk to the level of everyone buying hardware will lose BTC and that's OK?
Wow - that truly makes bitcoin sound like a scam.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100

gotta love the impatience of miners... lol.....      Soon the Canary will return with gifts of lower prices and increasing hashrates for us all!
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
 I believe canary said after the 24th not on the 24th. I am waiting on a replacement block eruptor  and I am going to order 19 more.

I have done well with him. I did buy about 300 sticks from him I sold 200 and kept 100 to mine. This dead stick is the second one out of the 300 I got. Pretty good and I suspect that both dead one would have worked with linux. But I am all windows 7 in my setup.
Glow Stick Dance!
Is the new GB starting today?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Canary,

I hope your trip went well!

Please send tracking of the replacement V2 blade for the faulty one returned.

It never even showed any lights on the Ethernet port, so I'm confident it was faulty (discussed with others on another forum).

I will be waiting with Bells On!

Roll Eyes

UPDATE:  RECEIVED!  TY!   I sent a label for a box, but got an envelope, no big deal.   Standoffs both intact and worked like a charm right off!
Will be back after 24th, currently traveling.
Blades are 3.5 or less at that time. Sticks within 15-20% of .10 or less.
Ttyl

hope I can still use coupons from earlier this month; I don't think you gave me an expiration date
Pages:
Jump to: