Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED >:( ] >BitMain U2 Group Buy - Ship to US/Canada/Intl (.03/.029 BTC/ea) - page 3. (Read 4193 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Reactor,

I contacted Bitmain by email yesterday regarding placing an order for U2.  The following is the response from them:

Hi,
U2 is out of stock now, please follow our website store for open sales news.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from BITMAIN TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it! Thank you.

Hopefully because you previously contacted them about placing an order they might have set some inventory aside for you, but I don't hold out much hope.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I have never orderd with them, but, Last time I missed the order for 500 USBs  by just a few hours. It's a hit or miss when trying to contact them.

Not sure their issue, I've now contacted them on the 29th, 31st, and again today to follow-up on ordering.  If they're seriously not going to respond I'm open to  looking into other options, for example into the Nanofury buy listed here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-assembly-service-for-bitfury-r2-chips-into-nano-fury-6-usb-miner-545507

If Bitmain doesn't respond/doesn't want our money that's my next spot.  In fact, going to PM them now...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I have never orderd with them, but, Last time I missed the order for 500 USBs  by just a few hours. It's a hit or miss when trying to contact them.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Are you getting the U2+ or the U2s? Because the U2+ wasn't supposed to ship until the 31st, so that may account for the delay.
what's U2+ now? (as compared to U2)

The U2s were what Bitmain shipped on March 5th and are identical to the U2+s with the exception that they are under-clocked to 1.6GH/s by default.

For shipping reference, I purchased another batch of 500 U2+s on March 15th and they have already shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Bitmain closed the sale soon after the 15th (not sure exactly when), so I'm not sure how reactor plans to get on the March 31st shipment wave.

I originally emailed Bitmain when I was musing over the idea of starting a group buy, they responded to let them know when we were prepared for ordering and they could provide details at that point in time, nothing regarding ending of orders.  I contacted Bitmain several days ago to let them know we were going to start collecting funds and to provide further info, since then I have heard nothing back.  That is where I stand with Bitmain. 

Had they mentioned an expiry date on the batch, etc., I obviously wouldn't have started a group buy, kept it going, emailed them to let them know we were going to start pooling funds, and actually started to pool funds. Cheesy  Believe me, not looking to do extra work for no end result, but for now I can't quite knock on their door overseas, so I'll have to wait until they respond. Sad

I've found them to be honorable in their dealings and you'll probably be fine. They usually take a couple days to get back to my emails too.
Are you getting the U2+ or the U2s? Because the U2+ wasn't supposed to ship until the 31st, so that may account for the delay.

The U2s were what Bitmain shipped on March 5th and are identical to the U2+s with the exception that they are under-clocked to 1.6GH/s by default.

For shipping reference, I purchased another batch of 500 U2+s on March 15th and they have already shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Bitmain closed the sale soon after the 15th (not sure exactly when), so I'm not sure how reactor plans to get on the March 31st shipment wave.

I originally emailed Bitmain when I was musing over the idea of starting a group buy, they responded to let them know when we were prepared for ordering and they could provide details at that point in time, nothing regarding ending of orders.  I contacted Bitmain several days ago to let them know we were going to start collecting funds and to provide further info, since then I have heard nothing back.  That is where I stand with Bitmain. 

Had they mentioned an expiry date on the batch, etc., I obviously wouldn't have started a group buy, kept it going, emailed them to let them know we were going to start pooling funds, and actually started to pool funds. Cheesy  Believe me, not looking to do extra work for no end result, but for now I can't quite knock on their door overseas, so I'll have to wait until they respond. Sad
Activity: 226

legendary
So bitwizz and iluvpcs look to either have their units or tracking on their units from China, hopefully Bitmain starts responding to PM's and emails regarding the status of the U2 devices.  Not responding to customers about the product isn't up to their normal level of customer service so not sure what the problem is, but I'll keep folks updated.  Right now we're almost at 4btc in the shared wallet for this purchase, 2.117 of which being mine for my portion of the hardware.

Only Bitmain can answer that question, and Bitmain isn't responding very well.  Even if there are technical delays, other folks who are charging more either have units in hand or tracking for their units, so obviously something is in production, however right now we're seemingly back to the early days of Bitmain customer service where updates are few and far in-between. Sad  But that may mean technical delay, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they make awesome hardware, just gotta let the folks who want to throw money their way know what's going on.
Activity: 123
So bitwizz and iluvpcs look to either have their units or tracking on their units from China, hopefully Bitmain starts responding to PM's and emails regarding the status of the U2 devices.  Not responding to customers about the product isn't up to their normal level of customer service so not sure what the problem is, but I'll keep folks updated.  Right now we're almost at 4btc in the shared wallet for this purchase, 2.117 of which being mine for my portion of the hardware.

reactor. I need the units I told you. I am little concerned myself too, to send BTC. How can we make this happen and still be very safe. just that you don't have much feedback here, although you have been here for long which I see. What do you guys say? Guys, if you have been here for long, please vouch for him.

Looking at his former posts, nothing seems to be shady, doesn't seem like a spammer or somebody that is just here in the forums haggling people.

I already paid, but would love for somebody to still vouch for reactor just for everybody's peace of mind...
I completely agree. He looks genuine.

I think I'm pretty legit. Smiley

Here's my eBay seller account:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=serrinoch

You'll find that my sales activity on there closely corresponds to when I was on group buys with Canary and SSB for the AM sticks.  I've got an Amazon account too, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to find my public feedback page.  Getting too old. Grin

Not sure anything else that would help give folks the warm fuzzies.  I'm a hobbyist like most on here, and if not for the unending delays in withdrawing from Gox I *would* have enough to cover the group buy and have people buy outta that, however things unfolded differently and half my current spendable holdings are in the group buy wallet right now for hardware, so if folks really need escrow the funds just won't be there for paying Bitmain.  I mentioned that in the OP so folks would understand this is just a straight-up group buy.  I've dealt with Canary, SSB, and KosmoKramer for purchases in the past as well as buying hardware off of BTCGuild, so I've been around the block.
legendary
reactor. I need the units I told you. I am little concerned myself too, to send BTC. How can we make this happen and still be very safe. just that you don't have much feedback here, although you have been here for long which I see. What do you guys say? Guys, if you have been here for long, please vouch for him.

Looking at his former posts, nothing seems to be shady, doesn't seem like a spammer or somebody that is just here in the forums haggling people.

I already paid, but would love for somebody to still vouch for reactor just for everybody's peace of mind...
I completely agree. He looks genuine.
Activity: 126

legendary
Hi reactor, I need the USB s but just slightly concerned about the trust factor. Is there a way philipma1957 or someone who is more trustworthy here on forums can handle this? You handle all transactions but in some way another person is involved too? Please suggest.

Um, full terms are in OP.  If you don't want to participate, there are other folks on here charging 20-30% higher per unit.  Otherwise you can wait until I have them in-hand and check back then.  Smiley
Activity: 151
Hi reactor, I need the USB s but just slightly concerned about the trust factor. Is there a way philipma1957 or someone who is more trustworthy here on forums can handle this? You handle all transactions but in some way another person is involved too? Please suggest.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Activity: 126
Paid! Sent PM... Thank you!
Everyone has been PM'd regarding payment.  For anyone who has paid already, thank you kindly, for everyone else, feel free to wait until I give the go-ahead from Bitmain or send funds now, up to you. 

Like I said previously, if this whole thing goes belly-up I'm refunding everything minus a transaction fee since my ultimate goal is to get hardware + get you folks hardware, not to profit from some bullshit "management fees".  I don't charge for my excel skills. Cheesy
Please put me down for 5 - they will go great with the 8 U1's I have and will replace some BEs that are starting to fail regularly.

Would you like a pre-paid USPS shipping label emailed with the payment info/hash?  I'm in Colorado...

Thanks!

Sorry for not responding!  You're on the list, about to PM you regarding payment details.  This will subtract from the 73 count I had reserved.
Pages:
Jump to: