Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Blue Fury USB Miner, 0.90 or less per unit (Dabs) Philippines/Asia - page 2. (Read 21578 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Ok.. Mr. Yolo, just in case you can't read your PMs for whatever reason, Fed-Ex called me. They can't deliver your package for some reason, please PM me with a new address or the miners might go back to me. Or sit in the Fed-Ex office (where an employee might get curious and start mining with it.)
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hash for Cash!
Ok, 12 miners received with thanks Smiley

I was hoping to post a picture of them working here but having great difficulties loading the driver using the instructions Klintay kindly provided above. Is there any other place that I can access the driver file please? I'm about to post on the support thread as following the instructions for Win7x32 seems to lead me to a situation where access to the driver is denied  Huh

Any input you have will be greatly appreciated. I'll keep tweaking, I know this is a live situation with a real group effort to get these Blue Furies working to the max. I can't wait to get them working and hashing, then start messing around with them to really amp up their hash rates! Overclock City here we come! Cheesy

Use the Zadig driver : http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/
Are you like these guys?
Ok, 12 miners received with thanks Smiley

I was hoping to post a picture of them working here but having great difficulties loading the driver using the instructions Klintay kindly provided above. Is there any other place that I can access the driver file please? I'm about to post on the support thread as following the instructions for Win7x32 seems to lead me to a situation where access to the driver is denied  Huh

Any input you have will be greatly appreciated. I'll keep tweaking, I know this is a live situation with a real group effort to get these Blue Furies working to the max. I can't wait to get them working and hashing, then start messing around with them to really amp up their hash rates! Overclock City here we come! Cheesy

legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
@Eternity, I don't have any USB hubs, but you might be able to find some locally. I got some non-powered hubs, but they only work for up to 3 units per USB port they are plugged into.

I am looking at some local power hubs, I will see if they work, but no one uses those things here (except miners.)

When I asked some stores about powered USB, they showed me cell-phone chargers with multiple outlets. That won't work with the miners (oh yes, they will get powered, but they won't mine! hehehe.)

So that about almost wraps up this group buy. Everyone who got their units, kindly leave feedback if that's not too much to ask. And ... to all those others who have not yet paid shipping, kindly pay.

I need to buy some drugs from ... oh wait, they shut down. (old joke, can't resist). heheheh. There's a store here that sells Melatonin pills, anyone got experience with that? (supposed to make you sleep.)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
To run many units same time we will need usb hub which one do you recommend ?

Can you also ship the same at some extra cost if so how much ?
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
I have received 10 of my miners today from Dabs (I am the guy who has half of their miners missing... there was suppose to be 20, currently waiting for them to be sent from NZ...no tracking number as of yet). Beastlymac and his team have been in communication with me though and i should have tracking info tomorrow.

I have tested this lot before sending them out to my customers. The average mining speed was 2.22- 2.45 with the majority of them mining at about 2.3 gh/s. There were two with speeds of 2.45 gh/s. This is within the range stipulated (2.2 - 2.7 gh/s) so i believe it is acceptable. However one could only hash at 2.18 gh/s. On the plus side, all of them did work. I have yet to find any that were "duds". The speed limitations are because of the bitfury chips which simply vary in quality. I do believe firmware/clocking patches will be released once there are enough of these in the wild. I also suspect that they may hash faster with cgminer (I have heard of this happening before). Once i receive my last 10 i will test them on cgminer and see if there is any noticeable speed difference. I didn't have enough time today as they have been repackaged and sent out immediately to my customers.

Dabs did very well and sent these as fast as he could given all the circumstances. Delivery to me took 1 day and I know Dabs paid for this out of his own pocket.

Here is a video on youtube, it explains how to set them up using bgfminer:
http://youtu.be/eUtcah8iSNE
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
i have contacted the EE who works on the firmware and also distributed it to Luke-Jr and Ckolivas if anything gets updated we will release it.
Are you like these guys?
I've just had some of my enthusiasm diluted by looking at the Blue Fury support thread. It's getting ugly over there and I hope I don't have to go through the pain that some of those folks are experiencing:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=319419.140

It's not exactly comforting to hear that BPMC are holding back on firmware releases when the majority of people posting cannot even get their miners to hash, it's even less exhilarating to hear people talk of compensation, refunds and threatening to contacting Paypal. I've read all the eight pages of that thread so far, it's a bloodbath with the average 'success' being units that struggle to hash at even the lower end of the estimated 2.2 - 2.7 GH/s if they even work at all.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about the product, with luck all our units will hash away in a straightforward manner, maybe it's only a few unlucky people who are commenting on that thread. There's a lot of good brains working on the problems so with luck all the issues will be sorted out very soon.

*crosses fingers and calls out to the All Saints spirits hoping they haven't vanished for another year*

Undecided
Are you like these guys?
Thanks Dabs, great to know they made the cut off today and are probably on a plane heading south to Sydney at this moment. I won't bother asking you for a tracking number, they'll no doubt be here by the end of the week and if they haven't arrived on Monday, then I'll ask for a tracking ID just to make sure that during some layover in Indonesia some Fed Ex worker didn't open the package and is sneakily mining away with them  Cheesy

I'll be sure to post here when they arrive, looking forward to it!

Thanks very much indeed!

Smiley
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
All international buyers have their miners shipped (and I reached the cut-off for today.) All local buyers likewise have their miners shipped. If you want the tracking code, just PM, too lazy to dig it up from my bag and they said it will be there in 2 to 3 days.

You may notice that I wrapped your miners in bubble thingies, and cardboard. I didn't have time to make it nice, so I just wrapped them up a bit overkill. I didn't even open the anti-static bag they came in.

When you guys get it, kindly post here if you can. I took a couple of pictures but they are only cell phone quality. I will post them tomorrow, I got tired wrapping your miners at the Fed Ex office.

Now, I'm just waiting for my drugs from the silk road... ... oh wait, they shut down...
Are you like these guys?
Alright, great, thanks very much for arranging all this Dabs. It was a bit of stress reading the earlier comments about the package being incomplete, glad that everything is sorted out and that the Furies are on their way to FedEx.

Great work, thanks again!  Cheesy
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Okay. Everything sorted out. Everyone will get their miners. Thank you for understanding. All international buyers will get whatever tracking FedEx gives me. (usually it's a code or something.)

will you be getting the red furys?

I'm sending out the Blue ones. The Red ones are a different batch I think. I might consider setting up another group buy for that after this one.
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
will you be getting the red furys?
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Okay, I've got good news and not-so-good news.

Good news: package arrived.
Not-so-good: package is not complete. I'm missing some miners.

So, I've contacted some of the buyers to see if they will accept part of their orders first, then the rest will follow as soon as Big Picture sends me the remaining (or I will ask them to ship it directly to you.)

Those who ordered only 1 or 2 miners, you'll get them. By the way, some of you have not yet paid the shipping cost (as outlined in the first post or OP), so I will contact you to make those payments now as I prepare your miners to be shipped to you.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Package arrived. I will repack and send them all off later this afternoon.

Woohoo! Celebrate good times come on!

http://youtu.be/3GwjfUFyY6M
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Package arrived. I will repack and send them all off later this afternoon.
Activity: 712
call customs at the airport. sometimes my fedex stuff get's stuck there.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Yes, I will use FedEx. I like Blue couriers for Blue Furys.

Will you still be using FedEx Dabs?
They are pretty efficient  Cool

I have to leave my office now. I just checked at home. No packages yet. I will pass by there to see. The tracking says the latest is 8 PM, but then I can't send it out anymore by that time, so first thing in the morning for sure.

*checks watch*

Hmm... coming up to 3pm Manilla time.

*looks around*

I wonder if those Blue Furies will arrive today, they're going to have to arrive quickly if they're able to be on-shipped to other parts of Asia this afternoon!

*thinks positive thoughts and asks the All Saints spirits to help things along*

-----

Thanks Dabs, I know you're as anxious as anyone to get hold of them.

Smiley
Are you like these guys?
*checks watch*

Hmm... coming up to 3pm Manilla time.

*looks around*

I wonder if those Blue Furies will arrive today, they're going to have to arrive quickly if they're able to be on-shipped to other parts of Asia this afternoon!

*thinks positive thoughts and asks the All Saints spirits to help things along*

-----

Thanks Dabs, I know you're as anxious as anyone to get hold of them.

Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: