Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Blue Fury USB Miner, 0.90 or less per unit (Dabs) Philippines/Asia - page 4. (Read 21589 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
I can't wait to get hold of them. This current rally in the BTC price is great to see and makes the timing of the Blue Furies arrival all the more sweeter. Hats off to the BPMC for being able to deliver on their anticipated timing of the product, this is excellent news and a real credit to everyone involved.

Quick question: I'm trying to get everything ready so I can start hashing with them the moment I receive them, so I'm wondering if anyone has any sure fire ways to get them pointed at their favourite pool without any messing around?

I see that the miner I use, BFGMiner, has released a new version 3.3.0 which is BF1/Blue Fury/Red Fury ready, so I'm hoping I can just plug in the Furies into another Orico 10 port hub and they'll hash away alongside the Block Erupters. Am I correct in this thinking? I was wondering about drivers, do the Furies need a separate driver or will the CP210xVCP driver that works for the Block Erupters also recognise the Furies? Any ideas?

Thanks guys, the excitement is building! Looks like the furies will be getting plugged in sometime in about 7-10 days from now, can't wait!  Cheesy

I think you just have to download and install the drivers and then you are ready to go.

Here are instructions (for windows 7):

1 ) Download Alpha Drivers Here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/819me4zvdju8lyg/bfgminerWin.zip

2 ) Extract and note where the bf1.ini is located in the folder.

3 ) Plug in your Blue Fury Miner and go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and printers

4 ) Right Click on the Bitfury BF1 Device go to Properties > Hardware > Properties > Change Settings > Driver > Update Driver

5 ) Select "Browse My computer for Driver Software"

6 ) Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

7 ) Select "Have Disk", Browse to the bfgminerWin folder and Select bf1.ini

8 ) Select Install and it will give you a warning that the driver is NOT SIGNED. Press okay.

9 ) Now that the Driver is installed navigate to bfgminerWin > bfgminer32

10 ) Edit the #Mine.bat file in Notepad and change everything after "-O" to your own mining pool information and save.

11 ) Double click #Mine.bat and start mining Smiley
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Quick question: I'm trying to get everything ready so I can start hashing with them the moment I receive them, so I'm wondering if anyone has any sure fire ways to get them pointed at their favourite pool without any messing around?

Same here, I would also like to know how to configure everything so when they coming they can start hashing immediately.

Will be using Windows XP. Got the new BFGMiner 3.3.0 which is already working for my Block Erupters.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
I can't wait to get hold of them. This current rally in the BTC price is great to see and makes the timing of the Blue Furies arrival all the more sweeter. Hats off to the BPMC for being able to deliver on their anticipated timing of the product, this is excellent news and a real credit to everyone involved.

I see that the miner I use, BFGMiner, has released a new version 3.3.0 which is BF1/Blue Fury/Red Fury ready, so I'm hoping I can just plug in the Furies into another Orico 10 port hub and they'll hash away alongside the Block Erupters. Am I correct in this thinking? I was wondering about drivers, do the Furies need a separate driver or will the CP210xVCP driver that works for the Block Erupters also recognise the Furies? Any ideas?

Thanks guys, the excitement is building! Looks like the furies will be getting plugged in sometime in about 7-10 days from now, can't wait!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Yes production started today. We expect to be shipping to customers Thursday and Friday this week and the rest of the units the following week.

The day I get them, they all go out to my group buyers! (or forgive me if I get them in the evening, so I'll ship them the next day.)
legendary
Praying for a fast and safe recovery for those poor souls who are affected in Japan and Philippines.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Earthquake was 7.2, ground zero was in Cebu and Bohol. At least 90 people are ... ... going to heaven. (Or where ever they deserve to go, whatever you believe in.)

I'm fine. I'm just waiting for the sticks so I can start sending them off.

Good to hear you are fine! Over here its also very stormy but nothing compared to what is going on in the Philipines or Japan.
Bless you.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Hello, im located in Makati, any estimate when 2nd batch will arrive?
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Earthquake was 7.2, ground zero was in Cebu and Bohol. At least 90 people are ... ... going to heaven. (Or where ever they deserve to go, whatever you believe in.)

I'm fine. I'm just waiting for the sticks so I can start sending them off.
Are you like these guys?
I'm excited too! And I've decided to use FedEx for all international shipments, even if you paid for UPS. They're much closer to me and I can get them shipped to you the day they arrive.

Thanks very much Dabs, that's very generous of you and much appreciated. Hopefully the units arrive soon.

On another note, just wanted to say that I heard about the earthquake in the Philippines and hope that your family and friends are safe. That obviously extends to all the other Pinoys reading this thread too. My neighbours here in Sydney are from Manilla and they've spent the last day or so worried sick, but things seem to be okay for them. Quite a worrying time though, Mother Nature has a way of keeping things in perspective.

Smiley
legendary
Hello all,

I'd like to report that Dabs has passed my Vetting process for Group Buy Coordinators! To the best of my knowledge, my vetting process is the most stringent and in-depth vetting process available on the Bitcoin Talk Forums.

While I am not an ID expert, I've worked in Professional Information Security for well over a decade. He has sent me multiple photo IDs, a picture of him holding said IDs, and social media links which seem to confirm that he appears to be a well intentioned Group Buy Coordinator, who also appears to have his real name and address on record with a forum vetting agent.

I honestly didn't think Dabs needed this free vetting service since he's a veteran Coordinator - this service is more for new GBCs - but he willingly offered to undergo this free, but thorough, vetting process which helps to reduce scams in our international Group Buy community. I'd PGP sign this statement today but my main PC with PGP software/keys is awaiting a PSU replacement.

Please PM me for any questions regarding the validity of the vetting of anyone who claims to have passed my stringent vetting process for GBCs and/or ASIC miner hosts.

Mahalo!
-DZ

Thanks DZ!

You guys wouldn't believe it. I had to do 100 push ups in 2 minutes and deadlift 3 times my bodyweight on video.

Ok, I'm kidding about the exercise part. hehehehe.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Hello all,

I'd like to report that Dabs has passed my Vetting process for Group Buy Coordinators! To the best of my knowledge, my vetting process is the most stringent and in-depth vetting process available on the Bitcoin Talk Forums.

While I am not an ID expert, I've worked in Professional Information Security for well over a decade. He has sent me multiple photo IDs, a picture of him holding said IDs, and social media links which seem to confirm that he appears to be a well intentioned Group Buy Coordinator, who also appears to have his real name and address on record with a forum vetting agent.

I honestly didn't think Dabs needed this free vetting service since he's a veteran Coordinator - this service is more for new GBCs - but he willingly offered to undergo this free, but thorough, vetting process which helps to reduce scams in our international Group Buy community. I'd PGP sign this statement today but my main PC with PGP software/keys is awaiting a PSU replacement.

Please PM me for any questions regarding the validity of the vetting of anyone who claims to have passed my stringent vetting process for GBCs and/or ASIC miner hosts.

Mahalo!
-DZ

Thanks DZ!

You guys wouldn't believe it. I had to do 100 push ups in 2 minutes and deadlift 3 times my bodyweight on video.

Ok, I'm kidding about the exercise part. hehehehe.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hello all,

Mahalo!
-DZ
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
I'm excited too! And I've decided to use FedEx for all international shipments, even if you paid for UPS. They're much closer to me and I can get them shipped to you the day they arrive.
Are you like these guys?
Well, approaching the middle of the month and I have to say I am very much looking forward to receiving the units soon and seeing how they perform. I'm really going to enjoy learning how they can be manipulated to fine tune the rate of hashing and also wondering just what sort of light show they'll be giving with the LEDS Cheesy
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Group Buy is CLOSED for this first batch. But I will accept BTC for the next batch. They will announce it soon, but I can start accepting your BTC now.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Confirming another 10 units ordered. Will update posts later, I'm sick from some bad real-life virus or something.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
@yolo2424, confirmed your order in post #2.

Still accepting orders until units run out. If you don't make it, you can either request for immediate refund, or wait for the next batch. BPMC will inform me if they do another batch of miners.

This first batch is approximately less than 2000 for all group buys / resellers combined. The next batch will probably be a full reel or about 3000 units (2900 working to spec, 100 allowance for failure or below spec).
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Thank you for organizing this GB Dabs.  Smiley
Are you like these guys?
Ok, that's great to hear, thanks very much Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: