Author

Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers - page 418. (Read 902906 times)

legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
If so can that client coexist on a machine that already has a Bitcoin client installed and running?

Yes. Also, you might try this spiffy new thing called google.

Well how about that.  It's almost as nice as altavista.com.

Anyway, being that I'm not a big fan of Merged Mining, and I'm sure others are being dragged into it kicking and screaming too.  I thought it would be nice if one of the Pro MM BTC Guilders would post a quick little tutorial what we need to do to get squared away.

But I like your sarcasm Smiley.
Thanks,
Sam
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
You can now set your namecoin wallet, lock your namecoin wallet, set your namecoin auto payout threshold, and request namecoin payouts.

You missed the link on the left that says "Change Wallet" but only links to the bitcoin wallet change page.

Thanks, forgot about the sidebar links (I always accessed them through the My Account page buttons).  Took the opportunity to remove the Change Email/Wallet links on the sidebar if you have them locked as well.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
You can now set your namecoin wallet, lock your namecoin wallet, set your namecoin auto payout threshold, and request namecoin payouts.

You missed the link on the left that says "Change Wallet" but only links to the bitcoin wallet change page.
legendary
Activity: 373
If so can that client coexist on a machine that already has a Bitcoin client installed and running?

Yes. Also, you might try this spiffy new thing called google.
legendary
Think for yourself
Where do i enter my NMC wallet address?

Where does one get a NMC wallet?  I assume I would need to download an NMC client of some sort?  If so can that client coexist on a machine that already has a Bitcoin client installed and running?
Sam
legendary
NMC wallet address entry, payouts, and API data will likely be up in about 12 hours.  I've been doing some database cleanup and monitoring for the last few hours before I go to bed, making sure its not going to crash 5 minutes after I shut my eyes.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Where do i enter my NMC wallet address?
legendary
As long as it doesn't affect the hash rate... right now, it seems to be down a bit.

Btw, the pool has been stable lately.  Good job. 5% is a small price to pay for a peace of mind.

Yeah, hash rate is down because downtime was almost 2 hours (and website down for an extra 1 hour roughly).  Wouldn't be surprised to see hash rate higher than before by the end of the weekend thanks to the addition of merged mining.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
As long as it doesn't affect the hash rate... right now, it seems to be down a bit.

Btw, the pool has been stable lately.  Good job. 5% is a small price to pay for a peace of mind.
legendary
What's this merged mining business?  Does it slow down my BTC mining hash?  It looks so...  Can I opt-out of merged mining and just stick to BTC?

Merged mining doesn't hurt BTC production.  The only effect it had on BTC production was the server was offline a bit longer than expected when I switched it over to Merged Mining.  You're getting a free bonus that you can sell for extra BTC on the exchange if you have no interest in NMC.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
What's this merged mining business?  Does it slow down my BTC mining hash?  It looks so...  Can I opt-out of merged mining and just stick to BTC?
legendary
This is vary true i never thought about just getting an address from a exchange and useing it rather then haveing to dl namecoin on my pc lol

Just be careful, some exchanges expire your address after you use it once, so it would only be good for 1 payout.
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
This is vary true i never thought about just getting an address from a exchange and useing it rather then haveing to dl namecoin on my pc lol
legendary
will there maybe be a way to rrequest to only be paid in btc instead of both btc and namecoin?

I do not currently have any plans to allow an NMC -> BTC conversion.  There's nothing preventing you from setting your wallet to an exchange and having your coins paid to the exchange to sell for BTC.  As far as I'm aware, no exchange has an API to sell NMC for BTC automatically, which is a requirement before I even consider allowing people on the pool to convert between currencies.
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
will there maybe be a way to rrequest to only be paid in btc instead of both btc and namecoin?
legendary
NMC will be credited just like BTC is, PPS on valid shares.  It does not matter if you have an NMC address added or not, the rewards will be a part of your account and available for withdrawal whenever you setup an address.

The NMC side of things will start becoming visible tonight as I add it to the frontend.  It will be just as simple as setting up your BTC wallet and requesting payouts.
legendary
Think for yourself
Will those of us with no NMC address on file still get credit for those being mined atm?

Just asking, because the first I knew of merged mining being implemented on BTC was when the site went down. That's what I get for being away for a couple days while my miners were on autopilot.

I don't think any of use have a NMC address on file with BTCG.  I don't.  I don't even know how to get one, so I hope there will be instructions for that.
Sam
Activity: 124
Will those of us with no NMC address on file still get credit for those being mined atm?

Just asking, because the first I knew of merged mining being implemented on BTC was when the site went down. That's what I get for being away for a couple days while my miners were on autopilot.
legendary
Pool server is back running, using the test server bitcoind remotely for sync'ing until the local bitcoind is done sync'ing with the blockchain.  Website is disabled until the local bitcoind is caught up.
Jump to: