Author

Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers - page 419. (Read 902906 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Pool is down for the switch to merged mining.  bitcoind was having some issues loading the blockchain, causing it to take a bit longer than I wanted.
legendary
Test server was able to successfully mine both an NMC and BTC block, so it was taken back offline.  The merged mining code will be deployed to the live server very shortly.  Similar to what happened with slush, merged mining rewards won't initially be visible to users (still need to setup the frontend for it).  However, the backend will be logging all of your NMC shares during that time, so once the frontend is finished you will see all the merged mining rewards you earned up to that point.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Test server seems to be offline again.

Well no wonder. I think that is why it is called the "test" server Wink
Activity: 502
Test server seems to be offline again.
legendary
Test server is back online.  Share counts were added to the same worker IDs on BTC Guild primary pool, including NMC (not yet visible).  Next round of testing is up for anybody interested (remember, it must be a worker made before we moved to PPS).

Test server for mining is 188.40.44.150:8332 .

If you're experiencing high stales on the test server, please comment on which miner you're using.  You can find out your UserID by looking at your API on the BTC Guild website.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
He's seeing Valid BTC (Invalid BTC), Valid NMC (Invalid NMC) on my stats page.  I'm betting cgminer as well, I'm running it and just as you said, it's ignoring longpolls for the NMC side and submitting partial-stales (valid BTC, stale NMC).

The fix for this is in cgminer's git, but ckolivas hasn't packaged it yet.

WOW is there really a fix for this too. Nice work developers ! I thought this was something that could not be fixed and just a consequence of MM. You either prioritise BTC or NMC etc. not both use LP Huh

As eleuthria mentioned above, cgminer in its current version is ignoring some LPs. The fix in git just makes it honour those LPs as well. For more info, see the discussion leading up to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.602128.
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Hey Eleuthria, on the API data ["past_24h_rewards":0.00000000], is showing zero despite the fact that it shows a correct value on the main web page at btcguild.com.
Hmm seems to be a lot of stalls on namecoin side for me.

What do you mean by stalls?  You miner shouldn't be able to see anything about the namecoin side.  Are you using cgminer?

He's seeing Valid BTC (Invalid BTC), Valid NMC (Invalid NMC) on my stats page.  I'm betting cgminer as well, I'm running it and just as you said, it's ignoring longpolls for the NMC side and submitting partial-stales (valid BTC, stale NMC).

WOW is there really a fix for this too. Nice work developers ! I thought this was something that could not be fixed and just a consequence of MM. You either prioritise BTC or NMC etc. not both use LP Huh
Activity: 373
Merit: 100

What do you mean by stalls?  You miner shouldn't be able to see anything about the namecoin side.  Are you using cgminer?

Yes I'm talking on the website the invalid shares but the good news is no invilds on the btc side.
legendary

UPDATE:  Test server is going down for most of today.  A new build will deployed much later tonight.  Thank you all for helping in the first round of testing.
UPDATE 2:  I will merge over the BTC/NMC counts before turning the test server back on tonight so I can reset the test server stats for the next round.  As stated previously, NMC rewards won't be visible on the primary pool until later this weekend.
Activity: 266
Merit: 254

What do you mean by stalls?  You miner shouldn't be able to see anything about the namecoin side.  Are you using cgminer?
I have a test server up for merged mining for anybody interested.  It is using the old user/worker database from before the move to PPS, so new users/workers will not be recognized.

You can mine on the test server by using 188.40.44.150:8332/ as the address in your miner.  Workers made before the move to PPS will be able to access it.

This test server is not currently linked to the primary pool.  You can get a brief stats summary by going to http://188.40.44.150 .  If your User ID is listed more than once, it means either you are mining with multiple workers, or the difficulty on BTC/NMC has changed.  All valid BTC shares will be synchronized to the main server on Thursday, November 10th.  NMC shares may take slightly longer to be merged, but will be merged in once NMC mining is live on the primary pool.

This should go without saying:  Mining on the test pool should be done at your own risk.  I cannot guarantee stability.  However, if you take the risk, you'll be earning namecoins (though the ability to withdraw them will be delayed til sometime this weekend), as well as BTC at the normal PPS pool rate.

Nice ! Can't wait till all is finalized.
legendary
I have a test server up for merged mining for anybody interested.  It is using the old user/worker database from before the move to PPS, so new users/workers will not be recognized.

You can mine on the test server by using 188.40.44.150:8332/ as the address in your miner.  Workers made before the move to PPS will be able to access it.

This test server is not currently linked to the primary pool.  You can get a brief stats summary by going to http://188.40.44.150 .  If your User ID is listed more than once, it means either you are mining with multiple workers, or the difficulty on BTC/NMC has changed.  All valid BTC shares will be synchronized to the main server on Thursday, November 10th.  NMC shares may take slightly longer to be merged, but will be merged in once NMC mining is live on the primary pool.

This should go without saying:  Mining on the test pool should be done at your own risk.  I cannot guarantee stability.  However, if you take the risk, you'll be earning namecoins (though the ability to withdraw them will be delayed til sometime this weekend), as well as BTC at the normal PPS pool rate.
legendary
Aside from these changes and merged mining, does anybody have some feature requests?

I really hate to sound like a broken record....BUT, is there still a chance that the Hall of Fame's "user-row"/highlights/private-26th-row will be back ?

I honestly miss this feature, but am very thankfull for all of the other changes that have taken place in the mean time, especially the security hardening Wink

Thanks again for everything,
Allan

ps. Last but not least - How about an Hourly submitted Share count average for each worker ? ...to better monitor performance.....

Hall of Fame will be getting a redesign soon to fix the highlights as well as add in Weekly/Monthly charts for the Top Share submissions.

Regarding hourly submitted share average, that's essentially what your performance charts are right now, but converted into MH/s.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
Aside from these changes and merged mining, does anybody have some feature requests?

I really hate to sound like a broken record....BUT, is there still a chance that the Hall of Fame's "user-row"/highlights/private-26th-row will be back ?

I honestly miss this feature, but am very thankfull for all of the other changes that have taken place in the mean time, especially the security hardening Wink

Thanks again for everything,
Allan

ps. Last but not least - How about an Hourly submitted Share count average for each worker ? ...to better monitor performance.....
Well done for MM implementation. Now, if you could just lower the fees Grin
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I have a nice weekend opened up for my birthday and the coding bug is hitting my pretty hard right now!

Happy Birthday.
Sam
Jump to: