Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 60. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Free World
Thanks for the reply Pablo...

I got another Question...

Is there an ETA for alt-coins support? Like LTC and etc... ?
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
@ Pablo

Any chance we can buy extra licenses at a significant discount? (5 - 10?)

I know you are going to be offering virtualized butter-bots in the near future...so I assume our current [or concurrent] instances of butter won't be there in the near future...

Or any chance we can convert subscription months into extra butter bot licenses?

I have devised a strategy that requires more than one instance...and I want to make sure this won't flop over the long term.

Hey PuertoLibre,
   Drop me an email, I need to understand what you want to do before I can give you an answer. If it's a matter of running multiple instances of the bot for yourself on one or two systems we can probably authorize you to do it for free.

Look forward to your email Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
@ Pablo

Any chance we can buy extra licenses at a significant discount? (5 - 10?)

I know you are going to be offering virtualized butter-bots in the near future...so I assume our current [or concurrent] instances of butter won't be there in the near future...

Or any chance we can convert subscription months into extra butter bot licenses?

I have devised a strategy that requires more than one instance...and I want to make sure this won't flop over the long term.
legendary
question:

in http://www.butter-bot.com/

testimonial area....

Are those pics really the username owner? or they are just random images?

coz empoweoqwj looks hot... Cheesy

Heh Smiley,
   Stock photos, but the quotes are real Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
I don't get it, if you want to seriously increase your BTC stash as compared to your USD stash...then simply buy BTC when it is low. Over time you'll make plenty of BTC and increase your standing.

Yes.  That is a good strategy.  Not the only strategy, but a very good one; particularly in a market such as we are seeing.

If I were in the business of recommending a strategy (oh wait, I am...), I would recommend that be up to 50% over your overall strategy in this market.

Smiley
legendary
I don't get it, if you want to seriously increase your BTC stash as compared to your USD stash...then simply buy BTC when it is low. Over time you'll make plenty of BTC and increase your standing. With each subsequent rise, due to extra BTC your USD also increases.

Free Point:

Just remember, that you shouldn't buy in (manually) as you approach round numbers. 10's and 5's, and definitely not on quarters of a hundred. (x00, x75, x50, x25)

People usually have bot settings that rely on these points to start a sell. So it is sort of easy if you know these rules (and have ample chart) to make the call to buy near the bottom of a drop.

Another free point:
People (mostly the "whale" buyer and seller) will try to offload their earnings near what they think is the top. As long as you recognize this, you won't be enticed to buy in by a few thousand BTC changing hands near the top. Only the people who don't know better buy in near the end of a significant run. Don't be a dummy!

As always Sean you've been very helpful, Cheers again!

Your welcome, and enjoy this bullish market. Cheesy
Activity: 462
Free World
question:

in http://www.butter-bot.com/

testimonial area....

Are those pics really the username owner? or they are just random images?

coz empoweoqwj looks hot... Cheesy
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I just noticed that. I went to settings in anticipation of an answer, and just noticed I couldn't find a fee field.

Thanks nevertheless.

Let me know if you need anything else Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,
As you can see in the thread, I have recently installed the bot and it made a trade at BTC-E on the day I installed it buying BTC @ 309. BTC is currently 344. The buy threshold 2 is 0.15 and sell threshold 2 @ 0.1 both buy and sell threshold 1's are 0. The difference in EMA (20/42) is now 2.079% according to the table on the bot in chrome so shouldn't the bot have sold my bitcoin balance already? Its probably a completely naive newbie question but just trying to get to know the in's and out's of the bot and I was under the assumption the 2.079% is more of a margin than required to sell?Essentially I just want to know if A) if my bot is operating correctly having not sold yet and B) should I change the threshold settings for a more optimal return?

Any help from anyone here would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

The bot is reading an uptrend in the market (green).  It will keep you in the market as long as this continues.  It will sell when it identifies a downtrend and passes your gate settings (red).

As always Sean you've been very helpful, Cheers again!
I just noticed that. I went to settings in anticipation of an answer, and just noticed I couldn't find a fee field.

Thanks nevertheless.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,
As you can see in the thread, I have recently installed the bot and it made a trade at BTC-E on the day I installed it buying BTC @ 309. BTC is currently 344. The buy threshold 2 is 0.15 and sell threshold 2 @ 0.1 both buy and sell threshold 1's are 0. The difference in EMA (20/42) is now 2.079% according to the table on the bot in chrome so shouldn't the bot have sold my bitcoin balance already? Its probably a completely naive newbie question but just trying to get to know the in's and out's of the bot and I was under the assumption the 2.079% is more of a margin than required to sell?Essentially I just want to know if A) if my bot is operating correctly having not sold yet and B) should I change the threshold settings for a more optimal return?

Cheers.

The bot is reading an uptrend in the market (green).  It will keep you in the market as long as this continues.  It will sell when it identifies a downtrend and passes your gate settings (red).
Activity: 476
So an actual potential profit on 21% (BTC) over the past 6 months

And that profit is only on this weekends crash or ?

Anyway you proved me wrong then, but it's not the profit figures the sales letter is claiming nevertheless
yeah, basic settings, if you go back a year, it's even more.
I've seen it back test 1 yr at 8500%.

I'm just saying, if you back test for a month, you don't get the whole picture. 

Please show the settings for 8500% profit over 1 year

Little calculation:

Backtesting 1 year with Gox I hit max around 3550% claimed profit

So buying for $1000 BTC @ $10.8 1 year ago = 92,6 BTC

Current value of 92.6 btc today if I just kept them safe (370) = $34259

Butterbot results after 1 year $35500 = 95,95 BTC

Actual profit in BTC after 1 year after using BB = 3,346 BTC = $1240 = 124% in profit

Still a nice profit compared to buy and hold, but long away from claimed profit on buttterbot homepage (3464% profit over the last two years claimed on the on site)

So Correct actual profit in BTC over past year would be around 120% compared to just buy and hold

You forget to substract the price of actually paying for BB, monthly fee and initial cost :p
legendary
@ Pablo

Is the backtesting feature hardcoded to execute a sell at -16.50% ?

I am noticing a pattern that the bot uses on down trends. If it is the case, is there any possibility we could choose our own number during backtesting rather than a rigid one?
Activity: 11

Thanks nevertheless.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

Cheers.
Activity: 12
Considering this already works for BTC and USD, would it be possible to hook the bot into multi-cryptocurrency exchanges and one day trade between the different cryptocoins?
There are already pools that automatically mine the most profitable coin, but that value obviously only holds true for a short time, so having a bot to execute trades for multiple currencies would be a god send.
legendary

Thanks nevertheless.

Just to be clear: It's not that you can't modify it on the bot, it's that you can't modify it period. Each exchange sets a trading fee based on your personal trading volume Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary

Thanks nevertheless.

Pablo.
Activity: 190

Thanks nevertheless.
legendary
What should my trade fee be set to for BTC-e? I've never verified that it's set properly, and for all I know I'm overpaying.

Each exchange sets their fee automatically, you can not modify it. You can modify it in back testing because the fee becomes lower the more you trade and the default settings on back testing are the max for each exchange; I'm pretty sure the max fee on BTC-E is currently 0.2%.

Pablo.
What should my trade fee be set to for BTC-e? I've never verified that it's set properly, and for all I know I'm overpaying.
Pages:
Jump to: