Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 58. (Read 274784 times)

legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
the bot is focused into ear fiat, i want focus it into earn bitcoins!
this is the only that is important!
I will only buy if this is approved with facts..
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
lets take this configuration as an example
you start 2 years ago with 100$ and you buy at 2,4$/btc
so you have 42 bitcoins and you want get more so you use the bot
you start using it, and after 2 years you have:

6343$ and with that you can buy at 370$ a total of 17 bitcoins.

Now you have 17 bitcoins, and the bot says you won a 6200%
where is the 6200% ? you had 42 bitcoins, now you have just 17.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make, this software is actually is eating your bitcoins away and you would have much higher profits in case you just hold on to the bitcoins and didn't use this bot.
But the post owner, an worker of Butter Bot, plus a hand of very vocal commenters, keep claiming some magic settings where this doesn't happen and you get great amounts of profit.

Strangely, they never actually state what those "magic settings" are, so that we can test them against the historical data and check if their claims are true.  Undecided

I've been trying many, many setting with Mt-Gox in this bot and it's very difficult to find one that actually wields a small profit at least in one time frame... but it's impossible to find one that actually doesn't give major losses if you account for all time frames.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
As a noob, should I pay attention to the configurations posted here or should I leave the standard 20-42 configuration? The bot bought at 404 and now the price is at 385 Sad

I'm a noob & I don't try all the strategies I see come through the forums, but rather stick with the settings which are recommended by the developers for my particular exchange.

You'll find them a few pages back. They're listed for all 3 exchanges. 1 for Gox & another set of settings for both Bitstamp & BTC-e.
Activity: 72
After losing some money daytrading I would suggest to activate the bot only when we are in bubble mode with high volatility. In normal period I would stick to buy and hold (long term trend is clearly up).

Anyway it would be great to have a BTC profit calculator and a testing time range selector in order to test such hypothesis.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
lets take this configuration as an example
you start 2 years ago with 100$ and you buy at 2,4$/btc
so you have 42 bitcoins and you want get more so you use the bot
you start using it, and after 2 years you have:

6343$ and with that you can buy at 370$ a total of 17 bitcoins.

Now you have 17 bitcoins, and the bot says you won a 6200%
where is the 6200% ? you had 42 bitcoins, now you have just 17.

Activity: 72
During these days you advice to setup a trailing stop loss in case of a huge drop? If yes, which percentage did you set?

Hi Davider Smiley,
   We HIGHLY discourage the use of Trailing Stop Loss (TSL) because although it is a simple enough feature to understand in principle, it is very difficult to use in combination with EMA and, unlike the rest of Butter, must be constantly monitored as the market changes. Because of this, there is no company recommended stop loss, if you do use it however, keep in mind that when TSL is triggered it deactivates the bot and you will need to reactivate it by hand so that adds another layer of difficulty.

TSL was included because it was requested by a small group of expert traders for testing purposes, it is not intended to be used in normal trading.

We are working on improved Stop Loss mechanisms.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

I agree with you Pablo. I'm not using that at the moment, it can be very dangerous. I was referring to the april crash scenario and I was wondering if someone did set a big threshold just in case for very bad fall (like 50%).
Activity: 112
As a noob, should I pay attention to the configurations posted here or should I leave the standard 20-42 configuration? The bot bought at 404 and now the price is at 385 Sad
Activity: 837
Merit: 1000
Pablo, can you check

Below settings yesterday were :

And today are :

Maybe this will change by tomorrow too ?

BKM
Activity: 315
I have spent the last 20 - 30 minutes looking through this thread and the website and cannot readily identify the current version and feature set.

Many posts were made in regards to supporting LTC and V2, V3, V4 "in a few weeks" and "coming soon" - has this been done?

While I am seriously interested in this tool, I really cannot justify the purchase without some reference to the current version and a comprehensive feature list.

Edited for: one more suggestion is to please add a list of pending updates / development path - you speak to them often in the forum so seeing them organized into one place might help with communications to the fan / userbase
legendary
Activity: 1183
I just want to thank you for your effort here. Very professional no doubt. I'm a noob in trading and just found out about this bot. If the thing works during this week I won't hesitate about buying it  Smiley

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo
([email protected])
Activity: 112
I just want to thank you for your effort here. Very professional no doubt. I'm a noob in trading and just found out about this bot. If the thing works during this week I won't hesitate about buying it  Smiley
legendary
is there any way to see the tests with bitcoins rather than dollars?
i want see how effective the bot is getting bitcoins, because its easy get 5000% profit due to price rise, but i want see how many bitcoins i would win,

Hi Luicon,
  Not right now, but that feature is in the pipeline Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 262
is there any way to see the tests with bitcoins rather than dollars?
i want see how effective the bot is getting bitcoins, because its easy get 5000% profit due to price rise, but i want see how many bitcoins i would win,
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Yes, the tick-offset makes a lot of difference in back testing, but much less in the actual performance of the bot.  Remember, you are trying to learn from past market conditions in order to form an effective strategy for the future.  This should in no way be confused with "predicting the future".

The different results you get with different offsets are largely luck.  Whereas you can "see" the luck factor in hindsight, you cannot use the tool to predict future "luck".

It has been discussed prior in this forum other factors that may be gleaned from offset testing.  I recommend those playing with this feature review that discussion.

Thanks! Yeah that makes sense. I'll look into the previous discussions...

Automated strategy adjustment is actually something we are interested in, but it is very resource intensive to implement. We will be looking into this once we have pushed out hosting, altcoins, etc. and our pipeline is a little bit looser Smiley.

Pablo.

Nice one Pablo Smiley

Activity: 168
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

If I did something wrong, i apologise in advance, but i'm just not seeing that performance.

Tick offset can make a big difference. For 2 hour strategy, it seems we should try at least 180 different tick offset settings... maybe one day butter will do this for us to find the best setting??

Yes, the tick-offset makes a lot of difference in back testing, but much less in the actual performance of the bot.  Remember, you are trying to learn from past market conditions in order to form an effective strategy for the future.  This should in no way be confused with "predicting the future".

The different results you get with different offsets are largely luck.  Whereas you can "see" the luck factor in hindsight, you cannot use the tool to predict future "luck".

It has been discussed prior in this forum other factors that may be gleaned from offset testing.  I recommend those playing with this feature review that discussion.
Activity: 190

If I did something wrong, i apologise in advance, but i'm just not seeing that performance.

Tick offset can make a big difference. For 2 hour strategy, it seems we should try at least 180 different tick offset settings... maybe one day butter will do this for us to find the best setting??

Automated strategy adjustment is actually something we are interested in, but it is very resource intensive to implement. We will be looking into this once we have pushed out hosting, altcoins, etc. and our pipeline is a little bit looser Smiley.

Pablo.

Automated Strategy Adjustment, or ASA for short. So powerful it commands it have an acronym, doesn't it?

Someday the devs will be working on it for Butterbot v.6 or 7, along with features like profit/loss tracking. Yes, the future looks bright for this bot!
legendary

Pablo.
legendary
Maybe there should be an extra layer of clicks required to access the TSL field that require users to check a box that says something to the extent of "enable expert feature", or "enable experimental feature", and have a warning dialog pop up when doing so with an "OK" button that forces users to acknowledge that they know using the TSL function is not recommended for normal use.

That's a good idea, we are actually working on that for time frames below 30 minutes. I'll put it on the board.

Pablo.

Pages:
Jump to: