Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 66. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
Now that I can share some pictures, back to the questions.

The market finally did something interesting, so I can demonstrate some of what we have been talking about.

The amazing run ended, and a "true" downtrend began.  This, on the heels of a number of false indicators.  Once the sell-off began, however, everyone chasing the market downward sold much lower then they needed to (red arrow).  Hard market pressure like this will always cause a correction before the market continues it's downward trend.  You will see that with the 1hr poll time, the bot did very well indeed catching that rebound (green arrow).  As previously discussed, this becomes much more important the heavier the position you are trying to unload.

As for the settings used to catch this "bounce", I posted them in the message above.
Activity: 124
Hmmmm ... maybe it's time for me to move to BTC-E.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I made 137% during the same period using 1hr settings (hopefully the picture posts)...

here's 145%:

Ok, thanks, test...

good.  Looks like that works.  Thanks!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
lol pablo,

butter made me 60$ this night... while beeing turned off Wink

lucky me, cause it could have been the other way round.
but the crusial update does fix this, right?

What am I missing... how did it trade while turned off?

BTW Butter made me bank tonight too... & hit really well on the rebound... happy with the settings.  But... mine was turned on lol.

Sean, can I ask you which settings you are using?
I'm still using the standard settings with 2hr intervals on mtGox - which hasn't triggered a sell since yesterday evening.

I was lucky enough to get woken up by my cats this night / morning, so I could buy some extra coins at the lowest point (220€) though Cheesy

Before I answer that can someone walk me through how to embed pictures in a post here?  I see it done, and I would like to illustrate my answer.

Upload the image to a site like imgur.com - (imgur.com -> At upload click "Computer", browse to the image and upload it..) Once the upload is done, on the right side you'll see some links, one of them says BBcode (which has [img]http://imgur.com/[/img] in it). You can post that here, when it is in the img tags it'll embed as a picture Smiley

EDIT: To clarify why your google drive thing won't work - it expects a direct image in the img tags - you give it a website. The forum doesn't know which part of the website (the google drive thing) is the actual image, so it fails to parse.
Does anyone have any great settings that work on 1 minute frequency? (and is willing to share?)

=======[Discount Code for Butter (10% off)]=========

https://butter-bot.com/?r=f5a17f5b

Use my referal code cause' im sooo cute!  Grin Cheesy

You'll get an extra month free, it's all on me!

OMG... wrong type of system for 1 minute settings.  Do the tests... you will run out of money fast.  Wink

Seriously never recommend anything under 60 minutes with EMA.
1 minute settings, backtested for 1 month.

Profit:77.47%Max. Profit:77.47%Min. Profit:-0.60%Trades:32

I have backtested it further up to 6 months but the backtesting server seems to be sporadic at the moment.

There was another setting that got up to 127% with trades going back much further. I can't figure out what the settings were exactly as I kept trying new ones.

Careful with the 30-day backtest at this point, as the market has done very little but go up.  This is going to make it a bit deceptive with some settings.  As the market movement normalizes, shorter time frames can eat you alive with fees and short-trades.

I made 137% during the same period using 1hr settings (hopefully the picture posts)...
lol pablo,

butter made me 60$ this night... while beeing turned off Wink

lucky me, cause it could have been the other way round.
but the crusial update does fix this, right?

What am I missing... how did it trade while turned off?

BTW Butter made me bank tonight too... & hit really well on the rebound... happy with the settings.  But... mine was turned on lol.

Sean, can I ask you which settings you are using?
I'm still using the standard settings with 2hr intervals on mtGox - which hasn't triggered a sell since yesterday evening.

I was lucky enough to get woken up by my cats this night / morning, so I could buy some extra coins at the lowest point (220€) though Cheesy

Before I answer that can someone walk me through how to embed pictures in a post here?  I see it done, and I would like to illustrate my answer.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
@ Pablo

I am getting these types of errors:

[08:07:34][mtgox] There was an error while buying btc:rate is not definedReferenceError: rate is not defined
    at C.buy_btc (eval at (chrome-extension://dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb/js/bot.js:1:423), :1:34782)
    at C.eval [as buy_btc] (eval at (chrome-extension://dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb/js/bot.js:1:423), :1:7859)
    at C.N.parse_data (eval at (chrome-extension://dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb/js/bot.js:1:423), :1:18544)
    at Object.eval (eval at (chrome-extension://dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb/js/bot.js:1:423), :1:16113)
    at w (eval at (chrome-extension://dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb/js/jquery-2.0.0.min.js:1:423), :1:64631)
    at Object.L.fireWith [as resolveWith] (eval at (chrome-extension://dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb/js/jquery-2.0.0.min.js:1:423), :1:65498)
    at E0 (eval at (chrome-extension://dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb/js/jquery-2.0.0.min.js:1:423), :1:102004)
    at XMLHttpRequest.eval (eval at (chrome-extension://dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb/js/jquery-2.0.0.min.js:1:423), :1:107046)
Uncaught TypeError: number is not a function _generated_background_page.html:1

I was investigating why the bot didn't execute a buy order at around 8:01am. I found these errors in the console logs. I am sending you a PM with the logs.
i read your posts

but i am commenting in the chart for btc-e that is showing under the arrow unless that is the chart for bitcoincharts.

it says connected and waiting to see what happens

and thanks for your help

The graphs are loaded from bitcoincharts.com - since bitcoincharts.com is having issues at the moment they won't show Wink

Once bitcoincharts is working again the charts will show up as well in butterbot.
Activity: 124
i read your posts

but i am commenting in the chart for btc-e that is showing under the arrow unless that is the chart for bitcoincharts.

and thanks for your help

Yes, they are one and the same.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
i read your posts

and thanks for your help
i see it now but the chart keeps loading and never shows up

will it still place trades?

this is what i am getting http://prntscr.com/236kdx

... You're not reading my posts, let me quote it again:
Ryan, see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoincharts-hacked-329934 - it's an issue with bitcoincharts Sad

And even without the charts - it should still trade as far as I know.
legendary
i see it now but the chart keeps loading and never shows up

will it still place trades?

this is what i am getting http://prntscr.com/236kdx
Ryan, see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoincharts-hacked-329934 - it's an issue with bitcoincharts Sad

All is well if you have this icon:
http://i.imgur.com/RadY3JD.png

i dont see a chart when i click on the btc-e tab i only see my api and there is no check mark or pause on mine.

You should see them when clicking the ButterBot icon right of the address-bar. See my previous reply for the chart issue.
legendary

All is well if you have this icon:

i dont see a chart when i click on the btc-e tab i only see my api and there is no check mark or pause on mine.
legendary
i downloaded the demo but i am not seeing a chart next to the settings it showing like a broken image icon

will it still trade?

how do i know if it is enabled i set all my api and saved it
Activity: 837
i do not get how to make the boot trade faster, on price changes +- 50 usd
legendary
Doh, found a new one, though they look suspiciously too good to be true. I think there is something probably wrong with the back testing server. (unsure)

Profit:119.53%Max. Profit:155.48%Min. Profit:-8.80%Trades:97

Or perhaps I have scrambled the brains of the Bot a bit too much?

When Pablo gets on I'll ask him to test out the settings and see if it is a glitch as they don't make sense to my brain from looking at the numbers.
legendary
Does anyone have any great settings that work on 1 minute frequency? (and is willing to share?)

=======[Discount Code for Butter (10% off)]=========

https://butter-bot.com/?r=f5a17f5b

Use my referal code cause' im sooo cute!  Grin Cheesy

You'll get an extra month free, it's all on me!

OMG... wrong type of system for 1 minute settings.  Do the tests... you will run out of money fast.  Wink

Seriously never recommend anything under 60 minutes with EMA.
1 minute settings, backtested for 1 month.

Profit:77.47%Max. Profit:77.47%Min. Profit:-0.60%Trades:32

I have backtested it further up to 6 months but the backtesting server seems to be sporadic at the moment.

There was another setting that got up to 127% with trades going back much further. I can't figure out what the settings were exactly as I kept trying new ones.
Pages:
Jump to: