Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 69. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Did Bitstamp go down? Bot API not working and went to the site and am getting "ACCESS DENIED" on the Bitstamp website. Like the whole site is down.  Never seen that before.
Activity: 322
I'm using the trial, hope things go well. Might buy the bot if they do.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
To say that Butter was built for what is happening with the market is an understatement.  That gains are jaw-dropping!

A lot of bots got left out in the cold with this market.

Thank you thank you thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
I keep getting problems with pop up not showing tradesm charts etc, only blank window with some icon like when you mistype image path. Sometimes refreshing helps but most often not.

Seleme,
  Have you installed any new apps or extensions recently? Those may interfere with Butter.

Please email me ([email protected]) the information below and I will take care of you post haste Smiley.

1. Go into the "manage extensions" page.
2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
3. Go to the extension and click on the "generated_background_page.html" link.
4. When the new window opens, choose the "console tab"
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me.

And:

1. In the developer tools open the network tab. 
2. If it's empty, press F5 to reload the extension and wait a few minutes until there are some requests listed. 
3 Then right-click the list in the left pane and select
"Save as HAR with content".
Please scan the file and remove your API Key from the text and send it to us.
This will help us resolve your issue much more quickly. 

I look forward to resolving this with you.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I keep getting problems with pop up not showing tradesm charts etc, only blank window with some icon like when you mistype image path. Sometimes refreshing helps but most often not.
legendary
Unlikely this is planned - but I'll ask just to be sure... With hosted coming, are there also plans for self-hosted without a GUI? e.g. run just as a CLI program/daemon? I currently run it on a home server VM with a gnome/Chrome installed. It'd be awesome to be able to just run it as a service in the background without a GUI needed - and perhaps configure it through a web interface?

Kami,
  Unfortunately I don't think we can pull that of in the near future, we are quite overwhelmed with development tasks and this is a very specific request. I will make sure it is discussed internally for a possible future development.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Unlikely this is planned - but I'll ask just to be sure... With hosted coming, are there also plans for self-hosted without a GUI? e.g. run just as a CLI program/daemon? I currently run it on a home server VM with a gnome/Chrome installed. It'd be awesome to be able to just run it as a service in the background without a GUI needed - and perhaps configure it through a web interface?
Activity: 7
Updated, thank you Pablo.
legendary
what are the most profitable settings for btc-e?

The "Starter" settings for each exchange are pasted below. You can take this as a relatively safe starting point and then use the back testing engine to improve upon them according to your own risk profile.

Please let me know if you need help at any step of the way.

We recommend the following starter settings for Mt. Gox:

Short EMA: 10 Long EMA: 21
Buy 1: 0 Buy 2: 0.25
Sell 1: 0 Sell 2: 0.25
2 hour time window.

The following settings are for Bitstamp and BTC-e:

Short EMA: 20 Long EMA: 42
Buy 1: 0 Buy 2: 0.15
Sell 1: 0 Sell 2: 0.1
30 minute time window.

The difference in settings lies in the fact that EMA works differently between high trading fee and low trading fee exchanges.

Pablo.

Are these starter settings for bitstamp and BTC-e correct? I have these (from the welcome email):

Short EMA: 15    Long EMA: 31
Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 0.15
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 0.1
30 minute time window.

We updated them to 20/42 recently because it worked slightly better, I would encourage you to change them to the new ones but it is not a radical difference, that is why we didn't send an update notice.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary

The "Starter" settings for each exchange are pasted below. You can take this as a relatively safe starting point and then use the back testing engine to improve upon them according to your own risk profile.

2 hour time window.

30 minute time window.

The difference in settings lies in the fact that EMA works differently between high trading fee and low trading fee exchanges.

Pablo.

thank you!  

another questions, can I just leave Chrome open for the bot to run, or do I need to have the bot settings open in a tab?

You just need to keep Chrome running, that's all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 7

2 hour time window.

30 minute time window.

Pablo.

Are these starter settings for bitstamp and BTC-e correct? I have these (from the welcome email):

Short EMA: 15    Long EMA: 31
Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 0.15
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 0.1
30 minute time window.
Activity: 476

2 hour time window.

30 minute time window.

Pablo.

thank you!  

another questions, can I just leave Chrome open for the bot to run, or do I need to have the bot settings open in a tab?
legendary
Did it, everything works fine now. Thanks for the help.  Smiley

Perfect Smiley.

Let us know if you need anything.

Pablo.
legendary
Duelbits.com
Did it, everything works fine now. Thanks for the help.  Smiley
legendary
Duelbits.com
ah, OK, there is a mark now and it says api and btc-e are connected. I still don't see charts though, it's blank pop up with some icon in the middle.
legendary

2 hour time window.

30 minute time window.

Pablo.
legendary
I don't have that mark, that's why I asked as I saw that picture before.

Everything is setuped, btc-e api, my settings, trading engine is not stopped but I don't see that mark. I don't see charts, order books etc. on btc-e tab too, only api settings stuff and when I click on apply, nothing happens.

Seleme,
  You need to click on the bot logo while in the Chrome browser in the upper right hand corner right beside the URL bar to get the main bot menu. This is different from the settings page; does that help?

Pablo.
Activity: 476
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
There's 2 checkmarks in your BTC-e API settings that have to be checked to give permission for the bot to do its thing with the API. I forget what they are but they aren't set by default & mine weren't set at one point, giving me trouble like yours once.

Check that they are both checked in those 2 boxes in the BTC-e API settings where permissions are set for the API key.
legendary
Duelbits.com
I don't have that mark, that's why I asked as I saw that picture before.

Everything is setuped, btc-e api, my settings, trading engine is not stopped but I don't see that mark. I don't see charts, order books etc. on btc-e tab too, only api settings stuff and when I click on apply, nothing happens.
Pages:
Jump to: