Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 38. (Read 226436 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
May 23, 2013, 10:39:37 AM
Got my first interest payment today and i'm loving the site and the concept. If i were to add something it would be i tiny bit of transparency, so the overall health of the business was visible.

Im not sure how this would be done, but i loved the report style from BTCInvest. It would make me feel safer, regarding depositing larger amounts of BTC.

+1 for the transparency. I'd like to see who the loans were sent to, the address, amount, etc.

Would like to have SSL and clean back-end (lender/borrower dashboard?) with pretty graphs showing where my money is now Smiley

+1 For transparency as well. I feel restricted to certain detail that I should know. If possible this feature should be added and would definitely boom business.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Mine hard!
May 23, 2013, 10:31:40 AM
Got my first interest payment today and i'm loving the site and the concept. If i were to add something it would be i tiny bit of transparency, so the overall health of the business was visible.

Im not sure how this would be done, but i loved the report style from BTCInvest. It would make me feel safer, regarding depositing larger amounts of BTC.

+1 for the transparency. I'd like to see who the loans were sent to, the address, amount, etc.

Would like to have SSL and clean back-end (lender/borrower dashboard?) with pretty graphs showing where my money is now Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
May 23, 2013, 09:30:01 AM
When it comes to discussing the website, I would like to (annoyingly) point out, that HTTPS should be the first priority Smiley
Why?

If I remember rightly it uses a client side Java environment which populates / fuels the pages so the likelyhood of HTTPS representing any additional value to security are................................
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
May 23, 2013, 09:27:37 AM
When it comes to discussing the website, I would like to (annoyingly) point out, that HTTPS should be the first priority Smiley
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
May 23, 2013, 08:54:47 AM
I'd like to see some things changed, like the ability to hit "enter" after plugging in the CAPTCHA instead of clicking the button

+1
Activity: 364
May 23, 2013, 08:51:37 AM
Also if you build a design from scratch you are more likely to leave it vulnerable.
I prefer a secure website over a fancy designed website.
Activity: 411
May 23, 2013, 08:45:52 AM
Number one on that list is trust. How can I trust putting 10 BTC(a decent sum of money) into CoinLenders if the website looks like it was built in 15 minutes? The choice is not rational or thought out, its automatic.

You shouldnt decide whether you trust someone enough to trade with them/lend to them based on the design of their website.

You really shouldn't, but psychologically we do.

It happens in movies all the time--the protagonist refuses help from a scraggly, "scary" looking man, and goes with the young charmer. Who turns out to be a con artist or ax murderer. And scraggly man comes to the rescue!

Of course you can choose to override your instincts and not be swayed by looks. But most people don't because they've never thought about it.

Craigslist makes money and looks horrible. Also, this article (will update with link when I can find it again) says that the reason scammy websites work so well is because people are more willing to pay a person if the website doesn't look so professionally done. A huge 25 page wall of text with different color fonts to show emphasis shows a personal side and frequently increases sales because it takes the people out of "dealing with a slick company" mode and puts them into "dealing with guy down the street" mode.

With all that said, coinlenders is designed fine, does what it needs to do, and gets out of the way. I'd like to see some things changed, like the ability to hit "enter" after plugging in the CAPTCHA instead of clicking the button, and a way to see the interest payments on the CD instead of just the lump sum amount it's currently valued at, but overall I'm happy. Don't spend too much time designing, I've watched too many people fall into that trap and lose their shirts (and houses, and sometimes families).
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
TradeFortress has to pay his debitors
May 23, 2013, 03:03:18 AM
Hello, I recently began to use Coinlenders to get interest from my bitcoins.

For the moment my balance keeps increasing slowly. I hope not to wait too long when I finally will decide to withdraw.

Now, this service seems quite good for me.

Thanks, TradeFortress and keep in touch!
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
May 23, 2013, 02:03:25 AM
Interest is compound, you get the lump sum. The satoshis rolling in are an interpolation of the compound interest.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
May 23, 2013, 02:01:28 AM
When dealing with investments, Warren Buffet loves to see a company with cheap furniture and other inexpensive infrastructure. If you go into a CEO's office and he has what looks like a million dollar office, you know the company is not good at keeping costs down, or at least that the top brass dont mind wasting money on themselves.

Quick question for TF. Are CDs also compounded daily or is it 1 lumpsum with no compounding at the end of the term.
vip
👻
May 23, 2013, 02:00:58 AM
The last user with a big operation like this was Patrick Harnett.  That didn't end well.
Who offered up to 2.5% weekly. That's 422% APR versus 25%.
legendary
Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023
May 23, 2013, 01:53:44 AM
The last user with a big operation like this was Patrick Harnett.  That didn't end well.
Activity: 308
Jack of oh so many trades.
May 22, 2013, 10:39:58 PM
Number one on that list is trust. How can I trust putting 10 BTC(a decent sum of money) into CoinLenders if the website looks like it was built in 15 minutes? The choice is not rational or thought out, its automatic.

You shouldnt decide whether you trust someone enough to trade with them/lend to them based on the design of their website.

You really shouldn't, but psychologically we do.

It happens in movies all the time--the protagonist refuses help from a scraggly, "scary" looking man, and goes with the young charmer. Who turns out to be a con artist or ax murderer. And scraggly man comes to the rescue!

Of course you can choose to override your instincts and not be swayed by looks. But most people don't because they've never thought about it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
May 22, 2013, 09:37:10 PM

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
May 22, 2013, 04:59:23 PM
I can't take websites that use the default bootstrap seriously.
What about sites that uses the default SMF theme? Or how about no styles?

Please don't judge it by the cover. Design has never bring a priority of coinlenders however.
Poor comparison. Both of those websites have been around for a while, not to mention they are completely free (ie they don't offer a service like you).
Well then neither is business then. As a web developer there is a certain psychology aspect to it. Just google 'The Psychology of Web Design.'

Number one on that list is trust. How can I trust putting 10 BTC(a decent sum of money) into CoinLenders if the website looks like it was built in 15 minutes? The choice is not rational or thought out, its automatic. Have you ever seen a bank not look nice in your life? No one is going to trust their money to a bank run out of the back of a burger shack(hey at least they are more accurate right?).

Anyways if you still don't believe me at least research the numbers and do some a/b testing for yourself. Are you missing out on 20%-30% of customers you could have got with a convincing design? If you still have questions feel free to PM me, hate to take up your topic meant for promotions and suggestions. Also sorry, I do this for every website with a default bootstrap. Wink
Uh, MPEX is not free and they ARE providing a service (that you have to pay 30 BTC for).
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
May 22, 2013, 11:48:36 AM

Please don't judge it by the cover. Design has never bring a priority of coinlenders however.

I've got a few BTC on your site now. Love the way the satoshis roll in after a refresh.
legendary
Activity: 1094
May 22, 2013, 09:43:33 AM

Poor comparison. Both of those websites have been around for a while, not to mention they are completely free (ie they don't offer a service like you).
Well then neither is business then. As a web developer there is a certain psychology aspect to it. Just google 'The Psychology of Web Design.'

Number one on that list is trust. How can I trust putting 10 BTC(a decent sum of money) into CoinLenders if the website looks like it was built in 15 minutes? The choice is not rational or thought out, its automatic. Have you ever seen a bank not look nice in your life? No one is going to trust their money to a bank run out of the back of a burger shack(hey at least they are more accurate right?).

Anyways if you still don't believe me at least research the numbers and do some a/b testing for yourself. Are you missing out on 20%-30% of customers you could have got with a convincing design? If you still have questions feel free to PM me, hate to take up your topic meant for promotions and suggestions. Also sorry, I do this for every website with a default bootstrap. Wink
vip
👻
May 22, 2013, 08:39:55 AM

legendary
Activity: 1094
May 22, 2013, 08:34:17 AM
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
May 22, 2013, 08:27:07 AM
Like I already said, we do quite a few very short term (week or two) loans where it's 62% APR (assuming full usage).

Sorry I must have missed that and thank you for your answer, I'll put back some coins with you.
Pages:
Jump to: