Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 39. (Read 226436 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
May 22, 2013, 06:35:48 AM
No, interest is not paid from new deposits. When you withdraw the coins may have came from someone who deposited - coins are coins, but we don't operate a ponzi scheme.

Like I already said, we do quite a few very short term (week or two) loans where it's 62% APR (assuming full usage).

I do invest in ASICMINER, but that's not everything. The current situation is that even if I lose an amount of BTC or assets equal to our current liability, I can still pay everyone back. The question comes down to trust, and you need to make your own judgment on that  Smiley

It seems to me that everything is relative. If the going rate of btc loans are very high, then deposit interest can also be high. Also if 25% is unsustainable in the future interst on deposits can also drop. But as stated above, the bottom line is trust. And even if TF is totally honest, that doesn't make the service risk free. I'm a new user and so far just enjoying watching my tiny stash grow. If I lost it all, I'd not be happy, but it wouldn't dramaticly affect me either. Deposit at your comfort level.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
May 22, 2013, 05:49:03 AM
My tip:

OP, please separate the Register and Login Box on a different page as my Lastpass password manager cannot fill up the correct box for login purposes. thanks

This was a problem for me as well, but you can control what fields get filled out. Go into your lastpass vault, go to edit the coinlenders entry and click "Edit form fields". Move the info from "reguser" or "regemail" into the "email" field and the "regpassword" to "password". I'd rather see it be separate as well to avoid this issue for people that use lastpass or other password managers.

theGECK - thanks for the tip! it's working fine now.
Does not work with me but even when I'm not HTML guru (means I might be wrong about this) I noticed that register box is inside of
but if I understood correctly the login is not. That's what gathered from Firefox "inspect element". Might confuse some password managers. But as I mentioned earlier; I might be wrong too.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
May 21, 2013, 11:10:47 PM
No, interest is not paid from new deposits. When you withdraw the coins may have came from someone who deposited - coins are coins, but we don't operate a ponzi scheme.

Like I already said, we do quite a few very short term (week or two) loans where it's 62% APR (assuming full usage).

I do invest in ASICMINER, but that's not everything. The current situation is that even if I lose an amount of BTC or assets equal to our current liability, I can still pay everyone back. The question comes down to trust, and you need to make your own judgment on that  Smiley
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
May 21, 2013, 10:25:59 PM
One thing that would make me more comfortable about all this is knowing how you really benefit from this. Are these 25+% interests paid from new deposits (ponzi scheme) ? This could be a huge risk as there is no visibility (AFAIK) about how you make profits.
I had some btc in coinlenders, pulled them recently on scam accusations and now am hesitant to put them back.
If you were paying 50% interest I would clearly NOT trust you as this is not possible you would make money. At 25% this is already tough... I can believe some people would borrow money from you at 30% interest but the defaults on those would be at least 10% per year so you would be losing money overall.
Now maybe you invested everything in AM and pay the interest on dividends and so far the price has been going up so it could work out, but what if AM goes down, would we all lose our money in coinlenders ? (this is just an hypothetical example, I am not saying you just invest everything into AM)
Basically I am just saying a 25% risk free interest is not really sustainable.
vip
👻
May 21, 2013, 07:14:34 PM
I don't think we are going to see an externally insured bitcoin storage service anytime soon that also pays out interest. What I can say is that trust is built up over time, and don't put more in than what you're comfortable with. Pretty basic stuff.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
May 21, 2013, 05:44:35 PM
There is still some fear that one day you might scam or default, but that's not your fault. It's just that there are so many scammers around here it's hard to trust someone.

This is my only issue with you tradefortress, not that you deserve it.
I've been stalking you for a while on this forum, reading your posts, trying to see what you are up to. I know you have some issues with some people who accuse you of beeing a scammer. But I have also seen your replies, and so far, you seem to have been behaving al right.

I guess the feeling of "he can just vanish with all of our coins, whenever he like" is a healthy gut feeling after all.
Pity I don't dare to deposit more coins with you than I currently do. I don't want to risk loosing it all.

Also made a trust statement btw.

I think many of us feel this way, but unless someone shows us an alternative to his service (at least that I know of) is all we got.
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
May 21, 2013, 04:22:33 PM
There is still some fear that one day you might scam or default, but that's not your fault. It's just that there are so many scammers around here it's hard to trust someone.

This is my only issue with you tradefortress, not that you deserve it.
I've been stalking you for a while on this forum, reading your posts, trying to see what you are up to. I know you have some issues with some people who accuse you of beeing a scammer. But I have also seen your replies, and so far, you seem to have been behaving al right.

I guess the feeling of "he can just vanish with all of our coins, whenever he like" is a healthy gut feeling after all.
Pity I don't dare to deposit more coins with you than I currently do. I don't want to risk loosing it all.

Also made a trust statement btw.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
May 21, 2013, 03:18:34 PM
Added 4 more coins over last few days. Make me rich!  Grin
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
May 21, 2013, 01:58:13 PM
Just deposited another Bitcoin to my account.  Grin I hope my returns are great!
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
May 21, 2013, 01:31:35 PM
is there a coinlenders android app in the works?
anyone else want to watch their coinlenders account from their mobile?

That would be great! I can't remain stuck to my desktop all day. If I could I would though. Ha ha!
Activity: 546
May 21, 2013, 09:27:42 AM
There's a new trust feature on this forum. If you have deposited coins and have withdrawn them successfully, please leave me feedback! Smiley

(If you haven't got a withdraw successfully, send me a PM / email).

Done. Unfortunately I don't currently use your service (asicminer-pt gives me so much better returns for the time being) but when I did I had no complaints.
Activity: 364
May 21, 2013, 09:24:38 AM
There's a new trust feature on this forum. If you have deposited coins and have withdrawn them successfully, please leave me feedback! Smiley

(If you haven't got a withdraw successfully, send me a PM / email).

Up until now, I'm happy with your work.
You have answered all requests regarding coinlenders and I was able to withdraw everytime I've wanted to.
You even added a security feature I've suggested.

Edit: Gave a trust feedback
vip
👻
May 21, 2013, 07:34:08 AM
There's a new trust feature on this forum. If you have used the service, please give me some trust (on the left)!

Thanks Smiley
vip
👻
May 21, 2013, 07:06:40 AM
Hey Trade,

Is there a maximum to the amount of BTC you will borrow (allow people to lend)?

Or will the return just slowly go down as you get more BTC than needed?

This is what has been happening Smiley, but as I've been able to cover a larger amount thanks to returns on people's deposits.
Activity: 308
Jack of oh so many trades.
May 21, 2013, 05:55:50 AM
Hey Trade,

Is there a maximum to the amount of BTC you will borrow (allow people to lend)?

Or will the return just slowly go down as you get more BTC than needed?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
May 21, 2013, 04:58:05 AM
My tip:

OP, please separate the Register and Login Box on a different page as my Lastpass password manager cannot fill up the correct box for login purposes. thanks

This was a problem for me as well, but you can control what fields get filled out. Go into your lastpass vault, go to edit the coinlenders entry and click "Edit form fields". Move the info from "reguser" or "regemail" into the "email" field and the "regpassword" to "password". I'd rather see it be separate as well to avoid this issue for people that use lastpass or other password managers.

theGECK - thanks for the tip! it's working fine now.
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
May 19, 2013, 01:03:52 PM
Oh, okay. Well, I'm on my panel now and am about to add 1BTC to my account in order to purchase a CD. Hopefully all goes well.

I've deposited some BTC and bought 2 CDs....looks fine.

Hope OP can have a history or transaction log for lenders like me.

I would like that as well. I too opened up an account to lend.
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
May 19, 2013, 01:02:59 PM
My tip:

Yeah same problem here. I use 1Password though.
Activity: 411
May 19, 2013, 08:53:47 AM
My tip:

vip
👻
May 19, 2013, 08:09:42 AM
Tested 2FA, just suggestion, add a "success" response on the enableing. Just have ppl know that enabled it without ppl like me clicking a thousand time and realized at the next login

Yes, the same thought I had for 2FA. I thought it did not work the first time I set it as Enabled.  Sad
Done, thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: