Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 48. (Read 226439 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2013, 12:43:32 PM
Sounds like a newbies to me, do more research bro

I like a gambling addicted newbie telling a newbie to do research LOL, this could be a scam. He does say he has a bit of insurance yet he never released any numbers and addresses to prove that.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 20, 2013, 01:30:41 PM
You don't need to upload any proofs, if you want the interest. Only, if you want to borrow. ôo
legendary
Activity: 1050
April 20, 2013, 01:22:09 PM
like a buncha children lol.

I've signed up send in proof of ID and a Bill,

Sadly I live on a farm and have nothing really which show's my address bill wise aside from my ID which has the actual location, the bill with my Box Number

I think I'll drop a few coins to see how the interested work's,

Look forward to it Smiley

EDIT:
My pay stubs come in as a pdf, you only allow image upload. Would a screen grab work?
Activity: 784
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
April 20, 2013, 12:39:31 PM
Sounds like a newbies to me, do more research bro
April 20, 2013, 12:30:44 PM
By the way, as account transaction getting more, i think we need a page dedicated for a full list of that, with those TX id and such things, not only desc

Tested 2FA, just suggestion, add a "success" response on the enableing. Just have ppl know that enabled it without ppl like me clicking a thousand time and realized at the next login
April 20, 2013, 12:21:52 PM
Happy to see more improvements going on as it is holding all my hot wallet $$. Thinking if i should move the cold coins to your site in future. Keep working and building trust.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
April 20, 2013, 12:07:40 PM
Yes, Google Authenticator requires the app on a phone (there's also an unofficial windows version, but that's not really recommended cause it kinda defeats the point).

But, I just implemented client hashing via JavaScript. So your password is not sent in plaintext over HTTP, it is hashed on the client & on the server, and again on the server with a salt. Smiley

Currently, an attacker could submit the same hash if they sniffed the packet (but won't know the plaintext), but I will be working on time specific salts on the client later.

If you are having login issues, please try a "hard refresh" (hold down refresh button on Chrome and select the option, Ctrl+F5 on Firefox).
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
April 20, 2013, 11:38:24 AM
TradeFortress, any plans to add HTTPS? Now the passwords can be easily sniffed (or am I wrong?), not exactly the best solution for something that deals with coins Smiley

Google authenticator explicitly relies on a separate device to generate codes meaning I cannot use the same pc, right? This is a problem for anonymity lovers, like me. Basically, I cannot use the site now.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
April 20, 2013, 10:11:20 AM
I've moved 1.5BTC to you. Hopefully it'll be good.
Activity: 272
April 20, 2013, 04:50:23 AM

2. What is the maximum that I can deposit to earn interest on - where you can feel comfortable providing your insurance?

2. There isn't an exact amount - it varies depending on the btcusd exchange rate, my own holdings and how my evaluation of the risk.

Thanks.

I've moved 10BTC to coinlenders. If we get concrete numbers as to the above question, I can move more. Even a range will do.
April 19, 2013, 11:31:23 PM
Happy user bump with profit Smiley
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
April 19, 2013, 09:25:14 PM
Bump!

Yea Yea, I'll make my account tomorrow, quit lowering the rates Wink
vip
👻
April 19, 2013, 08:54:04 PM
Bump!
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
April 17, 2013, 10:42:15 PM
Oh and how about using this method to increase the security?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/an-idea-to-secure-online-platforms-178929

I would like to see this also for a setting "deactivate loans", because I don't want to borrow anything.

I cannot use 2-factor as I have nothing to read the QR-codes.

I haven't setup an account here yet, on my to-do list for tomorrow, but you can use the key string instead of the QR code and enter it manually.
vip
👻
April 17, 2013, 10:39:35 PM
Thanks, sent you a few bitcents!
April 17, 2013, 10:28:41 PM
btw:

This is a 0.1 BTC fee required when submitting your loan application. We do this to weed out the people that doesn't have any bitcoin and is unlikely to repay.
vip
👻
April 17, 2013, 10:19:29 PM
A chatroom where you can earn some mBTC just for chatting (can also pay to promote your offers, services, or nonsensical messages there :)

Interest rates have being reduced to 0.47% / week (from 0.51% / week).
April 17, 2013, 10:13:21 PM
I think you are quite trustworthy, so don't disappoint my faith in humanity Cheesy

What is that sneak peak about?
vip
👻
April 17, 2013, 09:59:20 PM
Thanks. A couple of questions.

1. Can we withdraw our bitcoins anytime we want? Or are the bitcoins stuck when they are loaned out?

2. What is the maximum that I can deposit to earn interest on - where you can feel comfortable providing your insurance?

1. CoinLenders has a reserve to cover some withdraws, but not all. If the reserve is empty, then your withdraw will be queued and sent when loans are paid back & I liquidate investments.

2. There isn't an exact amount - it varies depending on the btcusd exchange rate, my own holdings and how my evaluation of the risk.

How does lending the coins work?
Do I just have to send you 1 BC and don't have to do anything anymore?
Or do I have to pay attention to something (like reporting when it's not back)?

"If you lend enough times, you will face a default. "
Because this sounds like I have to something.

You don't fund loans - I do. It's like a bank account, but obviously not as safe as a FDIC/etc insured bank.

I did a deposit yesterday, and I got some small % interest over the day.
So you don't have to do anything.

However, I also request more transparency / report on the site.
Just getting BTC's and not knowing where they come from makes me nervous ...

I understand! Currently they would have came from the interest paid back on a small loan & ASICMINER dividends. There's not going to be an "this interest came from bla, that bla", because sometimes I make a loss, sometimes I make a profit, sometimes I don't make anything and the interest comes out of my pocket, and it's the overall amount that counts.

Oh and how about using this method to increase the security?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/an-idea-to-secure-online-platforms-178929

I would like to see this also for a setting "deactivate loans", because I don't want to borrow anything.

I cannot use 2-factor as I have nothing to read the QR-codes.

Added to the todo list, thanks!

Do I need to do anything after depositing to lend out the BTC?

No.

Also, sneak peak at something I'm working on Smiley

Activity: 900
Crypto Geek
April 17, 2013, 05:42:39 PM
Do I need to do anything after depositing to lend out the BTC?
Pages:
Jump to: