Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 9. (Read 226433 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
July 30, 2013, 07:14:19 PM
Fair enough, I like the new "wording" much more, as it looks more fitted to be tricking the authorities than your users. Smiley
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
July 30, 2013, 07:10:05 PM
So you're commited enough to lie by stating BTC<>Bitcoin to preserve us. Thanks for taking so many risks!  Smiley

I updated the wording Smiley
Activity: 336
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
July 30, 2013, 07:09:21 PM
The changes are to reduce the regulatory risks that CoinLenders faces. It is not much different from legal disclaimers of Bitfunder, Btct.co, etc. I understand that some users are worried over wording changes, but they're nothing to panic over.

So you're commited enough to lie by stating BTC<>Bitcoin to preserve us. Thanks for taking so many risks!  Smiley
vip
👻
July 30, 2013, 06:52:34 PM
TradeFortress, any chance you could explain the reason behind the wording change?  A lot of people are getting nervous here.

The changes are to reduce the regulatory risks that CoinLenders faces. It is not much different from legal disclaimers of Bitfunder, Btct.co, etc. I understand that some users are worried over wording changes, but they're nothing to panic over.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
old user name chris3spice
July 30, 2013, 05:58:40 PM
This change of wording is a bit worrying. I wonder if it has to do with what happened in Thailand ruling Bitcoin trade illegal... I, too, will have to withdraw my money until things get clarified by TeamFortressTradeFortress.

EDIT: Goddammit, there's a good reason why I just refer to him as TF.  Grin

I'd guess it has to do with SEC or other regulators from "the land of free" (I always laugh when USA is being referred to with those words)

It's the land of the free within the confines of the USA pocketbook, if you're padding it you get more rights if you aren't padding it you get less....
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
July 30, 2013, 04:59:27 PM
TradeFortress, any chance you could explain the reason behind the wording change?  A lot of people are getting nervous here.
Activity: 330
July 30, 2013, 04:32:00 PM
This change of wording is a bit worrying. I wonder if it has to do with what happened in Thailand ruling Bitcoin trade illegal... I, too, will have to withdraw my money until things get clarified by TeamFortressTradeFortress.

I'd guess it has to do with SEC or other regulators from "the land of free" (I always laugh when USA is being referred to with those words)
Activity: 178
Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human
Activity: 211
You are not special.
Activity: 178
Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human
July 30, 2013, 03:38:19 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
July 30, 2013, 12:22:38 PM
I ccan't pull out because I bought a CD and its lifespan runs until November!  Undecided Ha ha!
Being the first to do a 90 days CD (and a remember I found a bug for TF Smiley )
Activity: 602
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
July 30, 2013, 11:53:08 AM
I ccan't pull out because I bought a CD and its lifespan runs until November!  Undecided Ha ha!
Activity: 246
Merit: 124
July 30, 2013, 10:50:38 AM
All uses of 'BTC' on this website are for illustration only and do not represent any 'virtual currency' such as Bitcoin.

Huh
Yeah I noticed it just yesterday.

It's less effective than a lucky charm, afaik, so it could be safely removed altogether...

With the addition of this notice I pulled out the ~20BTC I had on CoinLenders for the past few days. It is not that I do not trust TradeFortress, but I do not want to keep my coins on a site that claims that they don't exist. This and the confusing change to "fee rebates" makes me think they might be having some legal trouble.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
July 30, 2013, 10:37:08 AM
All uses of 'BTC' on this website are for illustration only and do not represent any 'virtual currency' such as Bitcoin.

Huh
Yeah I noticed it just yesterday.

It's less effective than a lucky charm, afaik, so it could be safely removed altogether...
Activity: 246
Merit: 124
July 30, 2013, 10:27:22 AM

Huh
Activity: 728
July 30, 2013, 02:48:56 AM
CoinLenders is down!!!!!!!!!

Edit: So apparently I used this link and got a 404 http://www.coinlenders.com/interest, but I used the link in my sig and was able to view the homepage. I guess the other link is no good anymore?

Probably due to the renaming of 'interest' to 'fee rebates'.
Activity: 602
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
July 29, 2013, 11:30:27 PM
CoinLenders is down!!!!!!!!!

Edit: So apparently I used this link and got a 404 http://www.coinlenders.com/interest, but I used the link in my sig and was able to view the homepage. I guess the other link is no good anymore?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
July 29, 2013, 07:24:21 PM
Code:
 30d CD APR: 25.50%
 90d CD APR: 26.05%
180d CD APR: 22.00%

why is 180d so much lower than the others?

It's a greater obligation for TF, and the future is uncertain. The utility of having your money for a longer period of time becomes outweighed by the liability it creates.
But why a rational investor would buy that instead of a 90d then?
The future is uncertain both sides, I might need that money now and if it is locked for 180d is much worse than 90d...
Is there really anyone buying those? Why?

Because in 90d-180d range the monthly rate may be way lower than 1.852%. I would buy those as CoinLenders as a business matures itself in which regards transparency and more information on their financial "health". Although atm I already trust a reasonable amount of BTC with them.
Activity: 172
TradeFortress has to pay his debitors
July 29, 2013, 04:48:23 PM
The fee rebates are credited to your balance.

...and did not the interest payments? Still don´t catch the difference further than just the name. Huh
vip
👻
July 29, 2013, 03:03:01 AM
The fee rebates are credited to your balance.
Pages:
Jump to: