Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 6. (Read 226433 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
August 09, 2013, 08:23:33 AM
well thats changed. definitely said interest a couple weeks ago like
does that mean if there are a lot of movements one week the 'fee rebates' will be higher?

Fee rebates mean exactly the same thing in the context of Coinlenders, its just legal maneuvering.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
August 09, 2013, 08:20:33 AM
does that mean if there are a lot of movements one week the 'fee rebates' will be higher?
Guess what, TF got a lotta "Buffer"
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
KUPO!
August 09, 2013, 08:10:12 AM
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).
August 09, 2013, 07:34:04 AM
Very clever. I will not be selling Bitcoins or doing currency exchange, I will be selling 50,000 shares on a mining pool. All regulation has holes in it.
Activity: 854
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
August 09, 2013, 07:18:52 AM
wht does it cost to move money between coinlenders and inputs? its all off the block chain yet its twice what the fee's are to send money out of you inputs account to an on chain wallet. why so many fee's everywhere? atleast it isnt as bad as the fees for withdrawing form coinchat (yet?)

Because you have to have fees in order to earn fee rebates.
August 09, 2013, 06:14:59 AM
wht does it cost to move money between coinlenders and inputs? its all off the block chain yet its twice what the fee's are to send money out of you inputs account to an on chain wallet. why so many fee's everywhere? atleast it isnt as bad as the fees for withdrawing form coinchat (yet?)

As you see from some post previously, this site runs in "fee rebates" and it is just a fictional site for you to "experiment" your BTC in. Preventing those "malicious" government investigate organization to do shit to this site. I emphasize again, just fee-rebates. Not even 1% interest
Activity: 238
KUPO!
August 09, 2013, 06:11:15 AM
August 08, 2013, 11:45:49 PM
i thinks its ok to have two services. That way there is another barrier if your account data leaks somehow from another service and you have used the same password.
I use 2-Factor on every site that offers it anyway.. So for me it would be better to have one site. But i understand, that its better for people who don´t use 2 Fac.

B.t.w. i just transffered some BTC to CoinLender. I hope this service stays up a long time! Whats the current rate we are getting on the amount in the account?

I agree with that too. this mechanism is already used by some of the great service like Alipay's YuEBao
https://financeprod.alipay.com/fund/index.htm

With this. User has a better management of the risk and tc can Tf can have a better management of the coins the payout and stuff that he can take a better balance of
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
August 08, 2013, 07:29:41 PM
i thinks its ok to have two services. That way there is another barrier if your account data leaks somehow from another service and you have used the same password.
I use 2-Factor on every site that offers it anyway.. So for me it would be better to have one site. But i understand, that its better for people who don´t use 2 Fac.

B.t.w. i just transffered some BTC to CoinLender. I hope this service stays up a long time! Whats the current rate we are getting on the amount in the account?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
August 08, 2013, 06:05:04 PM
my email provider has closed down  Angry

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lavabit-closes-down-270258

incidentally, the one i used with coinlenders and inputs.io

is it smoothly possible and frictionless to change the email with both accounts? as they seem to be somewhat tied to each other and i have to use the email address to login
Contact [email protected], we have a migration procedure.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
August 08, 2013, 05:59:30 PM
apparently not

"Please check your email for an authorization request."

lol
sry, i can't  Embarrassed

I hate it when that kind of thing happens.  For something this urgent, you're probably better off PMing TradeFortress or emailing him if you'd rather not do that.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
August 08, 2013, 04:59:10 PM
apparently not

"Please check your email for an authorization request."

lol
sry, i can't  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
August 08, 2013, 04:58:26 PM
my email provider has closed down  Angry

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lavabit-closes-down-270258

incidentally, the one i used with coinlenders and inputs.io

is it smoothly possible and frictionless to change the email with both accounts? as they seem to be somewhat tied to each other and i have to use the email address to login
August 08, 2013, 03:15:18 PM
bumping.
TF hasnt been bumping this thread for a while. busy man heh. I will help him this time Tongue
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
August 08, 2013, 10:21:21 AM

Because that makes no sense at all.

combining the two services is something banks do already. I can get a loan from a bank, and I can use a debit card to use my money as an online wallet, and some banks (at least used to) have interest bearing accounts and certificates of deposits.

I'm not sure what your reservations are.

additionally, it appears it would eliminate peoples concerns about having to sign up twice, and only withdraw through inputs.io, as well as potential reduce TF's workload.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
August 08, 2013, 08:19:28 AM
why not make CL and inputs.io the same site?

It's feasible, but they're entirely separate things. And there IS a reason that you have to deposit and withdraw into CL (which would probably be removed if it was integrated into Inputs) - TF takes a 0.001 BTC fee every time you withdraw, and like he said, what is the point of fee rebates without fees?
Activity: 196
August 08, 2013, 08:16:26 AM

Because that makes no sense at all.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
August 08, 2013, 08:12:12 AM
Activity: 196
August 07, 2013, 07:36:21 PM
More annoying: the emailaddress of your Inputs.io account must be the same as your coinlenders account.

This is a security measure, so even if someone got into your CL account they can't do much other than send it to your inputs wallet.

I understand that people feel annoyed that they have to sign up for an Inputs wallet if they don't already have one, but inputs is needed - it does a lot of maintenance in the background like sharding for redundancy (remember back then when occasionally CL will return a blank page?) and the custom patches to bitcoind.

Wouldn't it be easier to just do that maintenance on the Coinlenders website side and just share the code with Inputs.io than require everyone who uses Coinlenders get a Inputs.io account?  I mean, you run both sites, why is it better to have that maintenance with Inputs.io than Coinlenders.com?

Because now he only has to do the maintenance once for ALL sites he owns (not just CL).
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
August 07, 2013, 07:33:29 PM
More annoying: the emailaddress of your Inputs.io account must be the same as your coinlenders account.

This is a security measure, so even if someone got into your CL account they can't do much other than send it to your inputs wallet.

I understand that people feel annoyed that they have to sign up for an Inputs wallet if they don't already have one, but inputs is needed - it does a lot of maintenance in the background like sharding for redundancy (remember back then when occasionally CL will return a blank page?) and the custom patches to bitcoind.

Wouldn't it be easier to just do that maintenance on the Coinlenders website side and just share the code with Inputs.io than require everyone who uses Coinlenders get a Inputs.io account?  I mean, you run both sites, why is it better to have that maintenance with Inputs.io than Coinlenders.com?
Pages:
Jump to: