Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Design a physical Bitcoin - (CONTEST IS CLOSED) - page 10. (Read 21628 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
1. I did not assume that you do not have any security features on your hologram, in fact I assume the opposite. Nor did I say that you do not have any security features on your hologram (or mike's for that matter.)

2. I am going above and beyond and spending a pretty penny on the nicer holograms. I know that saying "my hologram will be the most counterfeit deterrent" is a bold statement. It is for that reason, that I would not say it unless I really believed it to be true. I have a hard time believing you went through the same trouble and expense as I have to add almost every holographic security feature possible to your holograms. Feel free to prove me wrong.

3. This is not the correct thread to ask and discuss details of my company, my products, or even my statements. This is a thread for a competition for a new physical Bitcoin design, and I would prefer it stay that way. If you want to discuss this further, please reply in my main thread (which you double posted this in).

Concerning #3: It wasn't me who initiated the topic of hologram security features in this thread. That was you. I merely commented because you seemed so sure of yourself on your claims and decided to bring "other coins" into your post.

Concerning #2: I have nothing to prove to you. I'm not making the bold claims here. Attempting to prove anything here would only compromise the security features in my holograms defeating the purpose of them.

QUESTION: Not that I doubt you, but how do you know that no other holograms for coins have the security features you are adding into yours? This is perhaps what I was getting at now that you had a chance to clarify your statement. Last I checked you were not in direct contact with the hologram designer for my holograms.

I guess the reason I decided to comment was because you mentioned "other coins" which includes myself.

Looking forward to your answer.

Thanks

Smiley

I am spending the extra money to add more security features to the hologram that other coin's don't have. So, these will be the most counterfeit deterrent holograms for physical cryptocoins currently available.

You are arguing about something that you or I cannot prove due to it negating the security of the holograms. That is why I said prove it- because you can't... it is somewhat of a moot point. If you want to take me to court for defamation (which is what you're quasi accusing me with)... good luck proving if that is the case or not. I hope you saved your receipts.. you'll have to reveal them in court and reveal to the public the extreme markups you are charging. And when that day comes, we'll see who has the more secure hologram.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
1. I did not assume that you do not have any security features on your hologram, in fact I assume the opposite. Nor did I say that you do not have any security features on your hologram (or mike's for that matter.)

2. I am going above and beyond and spending a pretty penny on the nicer holograms. I know that saying "my hologram will be the most counterfeit deterrent" is a bold statement. It is for that reason, that I would not say it unless I really believed it to be true. I have a hard time believing you went through the same trouble and expense as I have to add almost every holographic security feature possible to your holograms. Feel free to prove me wrong.

3. This is not the correct thread to ask and discuss details of my company, my products, or even my statements. This is a thread for a competition for a new physical Bitcoin design, and I would prefer it stay that way. If you want to discuss this further, please reply in my main thread (which you double posted this in).

Concerning #3: It wasn't me who initiated the topic of hologram security features in this thread. That was you. I merely commented because you seemed so sure of yourself on your claims and decided to bring "other coins" into your post.

Concerning #2: I have nothing to prove to you. I'm not making the bold claims here. Attempting to prove anything here would only compromise the security features in my holograms defeating the purpose of them.

QUESTION: Not that I doubt you, but how do you know that no other holograms for coins have the security features you are adding into yours? This is perhaps what I was getting at now that you had a chance to clarify your statement. Last I checked you were not in direct contact with the hologram designer for my holograms.

I guess the reason I decided to comment was because you mentioned "other coins" which includes myself.

Looking forward to your answer.

Thanks

Smiley

I am spending the extra money to add more security features to the hologram that other coin's don't have. So, these will be the most counterfeit deterrent holograms for physical cryptocoins currently available.

legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Well it mentioned something about being the most secure coins made. Could you elaborate?
Oh yes, it doesn't have to do with engraving though.

I am spending the extra money to add more security features to the hologram that other coin's don't have. So, these will be the most counterfeit deterrent holograms for physical cryptocoins currently available. These features will make it easy to confirm for anyone that the holograms on the coins are genuine and not fakes. Notice I say "counterfeit deterrent" and not "counterfeit proof". It is technically impossible to make something that is counterfeit proof, however with added security features you can make it very hard for someone to do.

There will also be cheaper holograms with less security features if you prefer price over security.

Just a bit of advice, you probably should not assume that there are NO security features in my holograms (as well as mike's).  I'll speak for myself and will say there are several on my holograms that I have not made public for obvious reasons.

It is a bit of an overstatement in the bold above to claim that as true without consulting said parties prior to making a statement as such. The part about "most counterfeit deterrent holograms" is pretty bold too.

Just keep this in mind. Thanks.

Smiley
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Well it mentioned something about being the most secure coins made. Could you elaborate?
Oh yes, it doesn't have to do with engraving though.

I am spending the extra money to add more security features to the hologram that other coin's don't have. So, these will be the most counterfeit deterrent holograms for physical cryptocoins currently available. These features will make it easy to confirm for anyone that the holograms on the coins are genuine and not fakes. Notice I say "counterfeit deterrent" and not "counterfeit proof". It is technically impossible to make something that is counterfeit proof, however with added security features you can make it very hard for someone to do.

There will also be cheaper holograms with less security features if you prefer price over security.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Heres the front side of the coin with binary spelled CryptoVest. The back side will be post soon.

Neat, thank you!  Smiley
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
The site said these would be engraved for security? Is that correct?

I only have a "coming soon" page up on the website now. If you somehow managed to make it in the website, all information is not final, a lot of it is just placeholders and/or the original example text/elements from from the theme I used.

I'm not sure what you mean by "engraved for security."
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
The site said these would be engraved for security? Is that correct?
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust

(working on the rendering)

Hey ibminer!

I really like those, nice job! The back of the coin is really cool!

Thanks for making a design!
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
I will participate but what is the deadline?

*Edit*
OKay I got my answer from the previous post. I will place my submission soon.

K cool.  Grin
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Thickness of coin?

It doesn't matter. I can make just about any thickness coin.

However, I may not be able to do custom edges when it comes to actually making the coins. Not a lot of manufacturing companies offer this, but I would shop around for one if someone had a good design utilizing the edges.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
front/back:

another front:

Hologram:

for fun, other fronts I attempted:  Grin

(never claimed to be the best at 3d rendering, but I tried!  Grin   I'd have better success if I could actually get my ai file to import correctly into cinema4d, but my circuits don't come over correctly when saving down to illustrator 8  Undecided)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250
I will participate but what is the deadline?

*Edit*
OKay I got my answer from the previous post. I will place my submission soon.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Does the 1 inch Holo spot need to be centered or can I have it anywhere I like?

It can be anywhere you like. Smiley

Please change the back of the coin though, to adjust for the different hologram placing.

Thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Does the 1 inch Holo spot need to be centered or can I have it anywhere I like?
legendary
Goonies never say die.
Any timeframe/deadline on this?
It will go until I announce a winner. Sorry to be vague, but I don't really want to put a time limit on it. I will likely wait about a week and review the submissions thus far and decide if it should go longer or not.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I didn't have to rush this one... have a couple concepts in my head, just have to actually design them and want to take my time  Grin
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Thank you everyone for your interest! I'm surprised to see already one quality submission! Very nice Austin, I like it.. simple, yet elegant!  Smiley

I'll be back here with some ideas Smiley Could it be as creative as I want or it has to be creative but keep a traditional coin design?

As creative as you'd like!

It will go until I announce a winner. Sorry to be vague, but I don't really want to put a time limit on it. I will likely wait about a week and review the submissions thus far and decide if it should go longer or not.
legendary
Goonies never say die.
Activity: 584
I kept this in a similar style to your physical Litecoins. I didn't notice the mistake that created a few thin white lines in the back of the coin until seeing it on a dark background right now, but I can easily fix that. If you're interested in my design, I can make a 3D render for you.

http://i.imgur.com/s1YsmV2.png
http://i.imgur.com/reBTDOE.png

I forgot to add a second tone to the holograms, but that's very easy to do as well.

http://i.imgur.com/vHjyoHJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/DMoh50D.png

Pages:
Jump to: