Pages:
Author

Topic: CLOSED [Group Buy Batch ONE] ASICMiner Block Erupter USB INTERNATIONAL - page 9. (Read 25416 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
If anyone here wants to buy BTC via bitcoin.de I must warn you, that it will take you up to 3-4 weeks until you get the BTC. This is what I am going through right now.

1. Make account, enter your bank account
2. Wait for a test transaction to your bank account and enter code (takes up to a week)
3. Buy BTC
4. Transfer money to seller (takes up to a week)
5. Wait 14 days until bitcoin.de lets you pull your BTC from their wallet into yours.

Where is the dislike button when you need him
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
If we've already paid do we receive some sort of confirmation from you that you've received the funds? Or do you need a signed message from the address we used to pay?

There is no payment confirmation email.  If you want to see your details you just use the link that was sent in the first email and it will tell you how much BTC has been received and how many devices that buys.

Neil

D'oh, should have thought of that. Yes, that worked a treat. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
If we've already paid do we receive some sort of confirmation from you that you've received the funds? Or do you need a signed message from the address we used to pay?

There is no payment confirmation email.  If you want to see your details you just use the link that was sent in the first email and it will tell you how much BTC has been received and how many devices that buys.

Neil
legendary
legendary
Just curious, what's to total count now?

intron

Depends... if your counting orders then it is well over what we need.

If your counting payments, a tad over 50 at last count.  I have done/doing all I can, its up to you guys when we finish.
Activity: 427
Merit: 251
- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -
Just curious, what's to total count now?

intron
legendary
Ordered 2 yesterday, just paid for them now (pending confirmation).  Smiley
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
ok

just wondered because
We already have the numbers, we are just waiting for people to pay so we can start shipping

legendary
1. Don't count a 'sale' a 'sale' until you have the bitcoin.
How many paid units in this gb?

We just went through 50.

I am not sure if everyone realises it so I will say it in plain english;-

IF EVERYONE PAID WE WILL BE ORDERING TODAY!!

I realise that most of my orders came through slashdot and many will never pay (or get devices) but if under 50% of the orders that I had would pay we would be done.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
UPDATE:
3. Don't think your going to fool customs (In my calls to customs both here and overseas I get the impression that they know about these group buys and are talking to each other about them).

Not all the customs ppl know about it. I think the ones here are quite clueless.

Perhaps, but it is just something I am not willing to risk.  I would be mortified if I spent all of this time collecting up over $70,000 USD of your guys money only to have it seized at the border and impounded.

I know other group buys are planning to ignore it all together or do some wonky math with the declared value but for the little bit extra that people are paying per device with this group buy it is protecting us all.

+1

How many paid units in this gb?
legendary
UPDATE:
3. Don't think your going to fool customs (In my calls to customs both here and overseas I get the impression that they know about these group buys and are talking to each other about them).

Not all the customs ppl know about it. I think the ones here are quite clueless.

Perhaps, but it is just something I am not willing to risk.  I would be mortified if I spent all of this time collecting up over $70,000 USD of your guys money only to have it seized at the border and impounded.

I know other group buys are planning to ignore it all together or do some wonky math with the declared value but for the little bit extra that people are paying per device with this group buy it is protecting us all.

Can I still order them from you ?
Please let me know I am very interested.

Yep, go ahead, I am still working on getting orders transferred into actual bitcoins and your actual bitcoins will help everyone out.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Can I still order them from you ?
Please let me know I am very interested.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I think they will know about it in NZ now, I am sure a few of them are idling their time away on the net browsing forums like this one.

And to those holding up the show, I have paid as well. So don't be shy, part with your coins.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
UPDATE:

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

friedcat's announcement today about the Block Erupter USBs:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announcement-block-erupter-usb-ready-to-hash-everywhere-in-the-world-212085

Would ours be the ones with the front cases?

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
4. Some people are funny, they will insist on not paying until others have paid leading to others not paying because others have not paid (circular logic at its finest).

To these people, I've paid, you can go ahead now!
legendary
UPDATE:

This has to be the most frustrating undertaking I have ever done in my life..

ONE extra confirmed payment in the past 24 hours.... ONE!!!

The issue is getting currency into bitcoin, fortunately ASICMiner has not even started shopping the devices yet so I am going to lie and say that is the holdup Tongue .  With any luck now the weekend is fully behind us I will get 400 payments today (now I am lying to myself).

I have put together a few notes for people planning to do future group-buys (or if I do one myself).

2. It is a lot of work, make sure that there is enough margin to reward yourself.

4. Some people are funny, they will insist on not paying until others have paid leading to others not paying because others have not paid (circular logic at its finest).
legendary
Sounds good, hmm, when would be the "cut-off" date for orders ?

I will try to give warning, I have to keep in mind that the people that have already paid want theirs ASAP but I also have to keep in mind that people are working hard to get the bitcoins and get included.

In short, there is no "cut-off" date at the moment but don't procrastinate.
Activity: 467
Merit: 250
How many orders till now? Prices look good too Wink

I managed to get just over 50 paid and done for before the weekend and everything went dead because of the banks closing (and I hit the mattress exhausted).

It's just coming up 9am Monday morning here in New Zealand so I expect the banks to start opening again throughout the world and the race to begin again (I am not sure when I offered to help people to buy bitcoins but I might regret it Tongue )

Neil

Sounds good, hmm, when would be the "cut-off" date for orders ?
legendary
How many orders till now? Prices look good too Wink

I managed to get just over 50 paid and done for before the weekend and everything went dead because of the banks closing (and I hit the mattress exhausted).

It's just coming up 9am Monday morning here in New Zealand so I expect the banks to start opening again throughout the world and the race to begin again (I am not sure when I offered to help people to buy bitcoins but I might regret it Tongue )

Neil

Pages:
Jump to: