Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID - page 16. (Read 16172 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
4 more shares reserved by a R2 DZ Co-op member via PM. Mahalo & Welcome back aboard!

Only 16 more shares left!
2 more shares reserved! These 2 reservations are from a DZ co-op member from Rounds 1 & 2. I really must be doing something right.  Smiley

Only 20 shares left! That's 80% filled in about 12 hours! Thank you!

And big kudos to new GBC thomas_s. who with his promised 51 shares (2 donated to others) I wouldn't have even fathomed attempting R3 so soon after R2 without him approaching me about a R3 GB. You're going to be pretty stoked when you wake up to read this thread, buddy.  Grin

It's possible that you and your 51 promised shares, our pre-planning for R3, plus my persistent sales pitch to HF that may have ticked off John S. may have possibly triggered or been the figurative "straw" that broke the camel's back to end up with this Flash Sale; the first in HashFast's history and rare in the ASIC pre-order business, on a weekend, no less.

The timing is curious, no?
I'll go for 20 shares, BTC, fiat, or whatever combination you prefer, your choice.  PM me, please, so we can set up the payment arrangements.....  

Given the current rate of network hashrate increases, and the probablility of KNC delivering in the next two weeks, along with a second round of Bitfury stuff in the next 5 weeks, my vote(s) (once you sell me some shares.) would be for the MPP...

Excellent! Ok I have you voted as 20 votes for the MPP option with a promise of up to 2-4X our out of box hashrate.

Only 22 shares remaining out of 100!

Thank you and welcome aboard!

I promise you that you won't be disappointed, at least about the performance of this GB Coordinator in matters related to defending your interests and rights.

Thanks DZ - glad to be onboard.

I'm getting the feeling that this will soon be the only way for non-corporate miners to go in the very near future.  I mean think about it - I haven't really figured out how I'm actually going to be able to manage and run 8 Jupiters and some additional Saturns in my house without running power cords all around to different circuits - and leaving the windows open all winter to keep them cool....  

Heh...

Ha! I must be speaking to someone else that drank the BTC Kool Aid they were giving out.  Cheesy  Wink

I also agree about this being the only way to keep up w/ net. difficulty if you're not made of money or Bitcoin.

Payment details were updated in post 2 or 3. Thanks! Please only send BTC from addresses that you control. Also, try not to send BTC to anyone when you're tired or sleepy. My 2 satoshis.

==

1 more vote for MPP. 21 votes for MPP, 30 more votes required for majority win.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I'll go for 20 shares, BTC, fiat, or whatever combination you prefer, your choice.  PM me, please, so we can set up the payment arrangements.....  

Given the current rate of network hashrate increases, and the probablility of KNC delivering in the next two weeks, along with a second round of Bitfury stuff in the next 5 weeks, my vote(s) (once you sell me some shares.) would be for the MPP...

Excellent! Ok I have you voted as 20 votes for the MPP option with a promise of up to 2-4X our out of box hashrate.

I promise you that you won't be disappointed, at least about the performance of this GB Coordinator in matters related to defending your interests and rights.

Thanks DZ - glad to be onboard.

I'm getting the feeling that this will soon be the only way for non-corporate miners to go in the very near future.  I mean think about it - I haven't really figured out how I'm actually going to be able to manage and run 8 Jupiters and some additional Saturns in my house without running power cords all around to different circuits - and leaving the windows open all winter to keep them cool.... 

Heh...

Here's my evidence as to why thomas_s. & I may have been the straw that broke the camel's back vis-a-vis this weekend flash sale.

A major promotion...on a weekend (note, times are all wacky, I sent the orig. PM Saturday, in the late morning Hawaii time sometime).  Huh

====

Re: Institutional Discount for Third HashFast Miner?
« Sent to: HashFast on: September 21, 2013, 07:25:58 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Quote from: HashFast on September 21, 2013, 05:51:43 PM
I need you to buy new machines - buying machines from existing customers doesn't really help me...
What pricing are you looking for?

John

My response:

Hi John,

Well, we were looking for an Institutional discount on the MPP Sierra. Anyone running numbers at TGB - which has quickly become the standard mining calculator - can easily see that every mfg. option looks like a negative ROI at this point.

Although I didn't buy Order 616, I've raised over $12K in the last month for 2 HashFast units, and have buyers on hand for about 50-66% of a Sierra if you can work with us. I think I was patient with working with you guys & did not disparage the 3 week resolution to our Customer Service issues or "buyer purgatory" of not knowing if our place in the Q was secure, knowing that you guys were having normal start up issues getting off the ground. (To her credit: Cara did not make any excuses during her phone call apology for this slow resolution) Our previous order was 991 FWIW.

If you can guarantee me some Institutional Discount for HashFast miners, in general, to our small co-op of 24 members so far, I can continue to guarantee HashFast at-cost (with min. UPS/Battery backup built into price; we'll have co-op members vote on how much to add to share price for power filtering/voltage regulation/battery backup) on the Group Buys forum that will continue to serve as a ready outlet for smaller miners such as myself who can't afford the newer, industrial class miners that are quickly coming to dominate the industry.

I don't believe that this GB sales outlet will have an effect on your larger industrial miner sales, it will continue to serve as a means for HashFast to reach the smaller miners at much, much lower price points and at fractional risk. Every single person that contacts me to join my at-cost co-operative is joining because they don't want to buy on their own or simply can't afford these new high end miners. The only way smaller miners will join a Group Buy at all is if it's run by someone reputable and vetted by a forum vetting agency *and* if they get a great price.

I also help serve as a market source for manufacturers looking for hard data about core buyers and investors as well as buyers curious as to what their peers are up to:

Aug. ASIC Miners Poll: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/aug-2013-asic-miner-survey-how-are-you-approaching-this-gold-rush-272565
Sept. ASIC Miners Poll: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-sept-2013-asic-miner-survey-291775

It's interesting to note that only 4 people voted for HashFast so far in this Sept. vote but I still sold a miner because it was an at-cost previously ordered miner. It's likely that I'll sell this 3rd HashFast (2nd directly purchased) before the month is out as well if you can give us a price break.

I intend to keep up this monthly miner's poll on the Custom Hardware forum near the start of each month as a type of a timely industry thermometer for those willing to participate in the poll or just follow along.

Thanks for your time and for the consideration of a discount.

Regards,

DZ

===

I didn't get a response back. This may have been his public response back for all I know because I, a registered newsletter recipient who has an email on record from my R1 GB, didn't seem to get this email blast listed in the 1st post, for some reason. I'm only posting this because he never got back to me. Again.

Of course, I may have hurt his feelings about the 4 HF votes in the poll. He's only human.

But then again, it's not my job to not hurt his feelings. My job to get you the very best GB share prices on the best available GB forum deals, with the least amount of fuss.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Update: Here's the calculations without MPP and including the 1RU Control Unit user dropt pointed out: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/82754b484b

$6K Sierra without MPP vs. $10K with MPP.

Opening up poll for MPP vs. non-MPP. Please let your opinions be heard & also vote publicly or privately so we can resolve this quickly.

Pros: non-MPP = lower shares costs by about 40%.

$69 shares vs. $115 shares (with a promise of up to 200-400% more hashrate).

Thanks your explanation helped.   I'm new to group buys.  I've done one for a few Asic usb miners and one for 5 g/hash in a miner.  This would certainly be a more complicated one for me.

I'll be thinking about joining this one while this sale is on.

Good day.

You're welcome! Sorry, if my Group Buy is too long and complicated to read and understand.

These things really are complicated to think through every angle to make sure everyone's protected on both sides throughout any GB transactions here. I truly am here to try to help grease the wheels for both buyers *and* sellers. I'm naive enough to think I could've helped Yifi before Avalon was completely ruined as far as rep (IMHO): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3171031
Latest profit projections tailored to fit GB variables as closely as possible (please PM if you see an error). This projection is with MPP:

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/7264304c8e

I would want to sell it at the 5-6 month mark, with these projections, then split the resale proceeds among the co-op based on everyone's proportional share.

Hey, check it out. Blue ROI! Sweet, sweet light blue ROI projections. [Legal blather: I'm not your lawyer or financial adviser]

It's modest but to even see such a thing is a rare sight on TGB nowadays. Besides, we're selling this baby to make extra profit when we're in the black (or light blue, in this case), if voters have their say.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Thanks your explanation helped.   I'm new to group buys.  I've done one for a few Asic usb miners and one for 5 g/hash in a miner.  This would certainly be a more complicated one for me.

I'll be thinking about joining this one while this sale is on.

Good day.
Idealy I am working on getting enough funds by monday to maybe be able to buy 2-3 of these my self, in addition to what ever shares I buy here. Prices are just too good.

So...shall I put you down for 1 more share? You can always donate blood or some of the underpants navy for cash somewhere right?  Wink  Cheesy

Thanks FCTaiChi! I owe him 0.1 BTC when he finally goes to GH/s instead of MH/s (for everyone's sake): http://decentralizedhashing.com/hashfast-group-buy-3-day-sale-23-sierra/

Latest ROI analysis from FCTaiChi w/ new Flash Sale pricing: now #1 value option on his chart. Hmm, we just happen to have over 60% of one already soft reserved and a lot of the funds in place or almost in place. Just sayin.  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Idealy I am working on getting enough funds by monday to maybe be able to buy 2-3 of these my self, in addition to what ever shares I buy here. Prices are just too good.
Just in case anyone missed my addition to the 2nd post:

** By agreeing to participate in this Group Buy, you agree to NOT use your money that was primarily meant for: food, clothing, rent/mortgage, short term emergency funds, car payments, insurance, 401(k), IRAs, or children's college funds. These are considered HIGH RISK purchases of hardware, with funds tied up for weeks, and are NOT meant for those trying to "get rich quick." ** We are also not your financial adviser or attorney so use your own careful judgments in all BTC transactions. **

==

Also: 2 more shares reserved!

1 share for a R1 gent back for more, and 1 more share for me.  Smiley

42 shares available.

Huh Huh Huh

This OP is quite confusing.   What is that we are buying and its it for the $113?  When will it start mining?   I don't know why these people that do group buys put in a lot of text that doesn't seem to mater.   I would want how much, for how much g/hash and when it mines.

Thanks

Well, I'm sorry if I made assumptions to anyone new to my co-op or my services.

If you're unfamiliar with GBs, in general: you get 1/100th of whatever hashrate we end up with.

TL;DR: Your 1 share of approximately $115 would be worth 12-15GH/s est. to be delivered on Dec. 1.

Your est. HashRate per share will likely be 15GH/s after overclocking, thanks to heavy duty A/C capacity at bobsag3's place in Missouri. I can't guarantee 15GH/s but that's the incremental goal without risking destroying our rig as we monitor temps and fan speeds closely for Overclocking. Fortunately, HashFasts are *supposed* to be very good at Overclocking w/ excellent cooling; the cooler, the better.

Your 1 share could be worth up to 48GH/s (prior to Overclocking) depending on which level of HF's MPP is triggered. We are *NOT* responsible for paying for a 2nd rig out of the co-GBCs pockets.

** If we need to buy a 2nd rig to get to 3.6TH/s or 4.8TH/s: we ALL pay extra for extra hardware according to our share of the miner *if* it's voted that we assemble the miner somewhere instead of selling the extra 3X or 4X chips (assuming we can mount 2X chips in a Sierra). **

===

Look: this shit's complicated sometimes. I tried to simplify it as much as possible while being a speedy m'fer for y'all (pardon my French). Thanks for pointing out where it gets too complicated. Forest, trees, & all that.

Just know you ain't getting ripped off with your at-cost shares & I'm giving you access to the same type of pricing and values that guys that have tens of thousands of dollars get. These things aren't easy for anyone to organize at short notice so please be my guest if you think you can do a better job to try to organize co-fundraising $12K in less than 3 days, at a lower cost then what I offer in this thread with my co-GBC.

I know I don't have cash/BTC on-hand to buy a $10K miner just for fun when I'm already invested in 5 diff. ASIC miner pre-orders, including this one, 401(k)s, college educations for groms, etc., etc..

**Price breakdown update:

Est. $200 for a 1U Control Unit
20-30min. UPS/Battery Backup purchase at-cost or discount
2.75% management/hosting fees paid every two months, world's lowest fees
Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Huh Huh Huh

This OP is quite confusing.   What is that we are buying and its it for the $113?  When will it start mining?   I don't know why these people that do group buys put in a lot of text that doesn't seem to mater.   I would want how much, for how much g/hash and when it mines.

Thanks
Ha, they don't even list the price for a 1U Control Unit.

Anyone know this cost?

This share price will adjust accordingly based on the cost of the 1U Control Unit and if we go for a beefier UPS/Battery Backup solution (by majority vote).

BBL, taking a break. Please be patient. I'll get to PMs in a bit & have a few waiting. I want to address each PM w/ the time and attn. that they deserve. Please feel free to PM thomas_s. as well. We are co-GBCs on this R3 GB with me covering the PM shift for the US while based in Hawaii, and Thomas covering the AM shift from the East Coast.

Thanks!
Regarding this group buy:

• What are the details regarding the 1U control unit.  Since this is an added cost (which we don't know the value of) how are you accounting for this in your offering?
This unit's going to be remotely administrated and have issued troubleshooted by 2 veteran pro Network Engineers (albeit 1 that is retired).
  • Regarding the extra hash rate supplied by HF in the event the unit does not ROI in 3 months, what has been included in the share price to address the extra cost of supporting hardware (everything but the chip itself)?  If nothing has been accounted for in this capacity, how will this be handled in the future?  If it *is* included in your share pricing, can we assume that the added share cost(s) will be refunded in the event that ROI is met and the extra hash rate is not provided under HF's MPP?
  • If HF fails to provide extra hash rate in the event the purchase does not ROI in 3 months, is the share issuer prepared to purchase said additional hash rate without extra costs being incurred by the share purchaser?

thomas_s. can chime in & add or correct things as needed but as the IT Technical Lead on R3:

1. We aren't budgeting for a 1U control unit. I think that's a luxury for just 1 Sierra at this point. We're only looking for a barebones purchase at rock bottom prices. We'll cross that bridge if we're somehow lucky enough to get there. The addition will unnecessarily add to the barebones at-cost share price for little benefit, IMO, at least at this point w/ just 1 or 2 HF units being hosted at bobsag3's pro colo location in Missouri. Edit: dropt pointed out the need for a 1U Control Unit for the Sierra. This helps show why more brains are better when attacking a problem.

2. Absolutely NO extra cost of supporting hardware is included in this share price. It's possible there's upgradeability built into the Stock Sierra (Baby Jets are supposed to be able to take a 2nd chip on the mobo). There may be an extra cost associated with having to buy a 2nd rig for 3 or 4 chips. We'll have to share the pain of this extra costs if we want the doubled or quadrupled hashrate. It is, what it is as far as breakdown of share price.

3. Nope. I/we are already intending to pay extra UPS/Battery backup costs over and above this ultra barebones share price offer, that is at cost, if we underestimate UPS/Battery Backup costs WRT share price. We share the benefits. We also share the pain of additional new hardware for new rigs in this co-operative.

We'll be insured for delivery, during operations, and during outbound shipments FWIW. Cheers!

EDIT: Thank you to user dropt who pointed out the requirement for the 1U unit! Share prices *will* be adjusted accordingly, slightly.

Thanks dropt!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
So were looking at $113 for 12 GHs?  That is of course if miner protection doesnt kick in
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Regarding this group buy:

• What are the details regarding the 1U control unit.  Since this is an added cost (which we don't know the value of) how are you accounting for this in your offering?
  • Regarding the extra hash rate supplied by HF in the event the unit does not ROI in 3 months, what has been included in the share price to address the extra cost of supporting hardware (everything but the chip itself)?  If nothing has been accounted for in this capacity, how will this be handled in the future?  If it *is* included in your share pricing, can we assume that the added share cost(s) will be refunded in the event that ROI is met and the extra hash rate is not provided under HF's MPP?
  • If HF fails to provide extra hash rate in the event the purchase does not ROI in 3 months, is the share issuer prepared to purchase said additional hash rate without extra costs being incurred by the share purchaser?
Pages:
Jump to: