Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID - page 8. (Read 16172 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Heh, ask any one of my vetted miner hosts about my miner host vetting process. Let's just say it's thorough and is deeper and more in-depth than any comparable Forum vetting agency. I work in Info Security (1 of my hats), so F that if a scammer's getting thru my vetting process. I've vetted 6 or more hosts and GBCs so far, for free.

Those 6+ weren't the only ones that approached me for vetting if you look through the detritus of abandoned GBs and miner host threads for those who realized how high the barriers to entry to overcome Group Buyer distrust is if they want to get vetted by me as a host or GBC.

I tend to say: My vetting services are free but they ain't cheap.  Wink

I put these guys thru the wringer to be a vetted miner host. I'm rougher on them than any customer could possibly be, but all for a good cause.  Grin
Do I hear "bend over and touch your toes"?

I've also learned that we don't do maths well. =)
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Heh, ask any one of my vetted miner hosts about my miner host vetting process. Let's just say it's thorough and is deeper and more in-depth than any comparable Forum vetting agency. I work in Info Security (1 of my hats), so F that if a scammer's getting thru my vetting process. Even though it's in-depth I still have 24 hour or less response time for vetting requests. I've vetted 6 or more hosts and GBCs so far, for free.

Those 6+ weren't the only ones that approached me for vetting if you look through the detritus of abandoned GBs and miner host threads for those who realized how high the barriers to entry to overcome Group Buyer distrust is if they want to get vetted by me as a host or GBC.

I tend to say: My vetting services are free but they ain't cheap.  Wink

I put these guys thru the wringer to be a vetted miner host. I'm rougher on them than any customer could possibly be, but all for a good cause.  Grin
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net

IT BEGINS

Is it really wise to have that Gorilla rack so close to that water outlet? That pipe breaks and theres gonna be big issues. Lets hope you got some insurance on those.
This is all very very temporary. Alot of the proper racks/wireing was delayed by 2 days so this was my temp setup, also for my equipment. You can be assured I would not handle customers units like that. Also that water outlet has no output... as verified by me before install (paranoid). And yes everything is insured Smiley Zombie wouldnt alow it otherwise.
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform

IT BEGINS

Is it really wise to have that Gorilla rack so close to that water outlet? That pipe breaks and theres gonna be big issues. Lets hope you got some insurance on those.
ok, back on the case gents. Working on R4 public code then moving to R1/R2 upgrade public code.

I'll have to get to PMs later. Looks like we'll be able sell last 3 shares; still waiting to hear back from people that were first on Backup Share Q list. If I don't hear back by tonight, I'll contact the 4th and 5th person on the Q list who have contacted me via PM re: their interest in backup shares.

Still need to refund Thomas 19 shares - 2 share upgrades for a R2 Baby Jet to go to 800-1000GH/s. He was going to be refunded for a 23 share overpayment but he bought 2 more R4 shares for himself, and floated 2 R4 shares for user & one of his previous customers: unknown.usr.

Also, I have some wayward PP funds incoming to checking so I can buy at Coinbase (only uses bank accts but only 1% fee), so the wallet will be replenished slightly after Thomas's refund. We also have 3 more shares to sell as well as soon as we sort out the Backup share Q situation.
I'm interested in that last R4 share if no one claims it.

Noted. Thanks corather!

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I'm interested in that last R4 share if no one claims it.
Owner, Minersource.net
Numbers update for what appears to be the last few shares that opened up but we're only offering to co-op members & people that contacted us that missed out.

2 R3 shares available, 1 R4 share available.

3 users already have first right of refusal on these shares. 2 of the users have been contacted & we're waiting to hear back from them.

==

BTW, Dabs nominated me to be an OurASIC treasurer: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3245010

Of course, I retaliated in kind.

I doubt they'll be able to get traction as community do gooders trying to develop an open source 28nm BTC ASIC chip, but I'm willing to be a treasurer if they can make some headway, appear to be legit, and have some protections in place for the community treasurers trying to help them out.
PM'ed you about R3
Numbers update for what appears to be the last few shares that opened up but we're only offering to co-op members & people that contacted us that missed out.

2 R3 shares available, 1 R4 share available.

3 users already have first right of refusal on these shares. 2 of the users have been contacted & we're waiting to hear back from them.

==

BTW, Dabs nominated me to be an OurASIC treasurer: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3245010

Of course, I retaliated in kind.

I doubt they'll be able to get traction as community do gooders trying to develop an open source 28nm BTC ASIC chip, but I'm willing to be a treasurer if they can make some headway, appear to be legit, and have some protections in place for the community treasurers trying to help them out.
The wallet is so huge because of a double payment, a user never cc'd me on payment of shares which I believed they needed me to float.
First time ive heard of someone complaining about a "huge" wallet. Btw, I can chip in to help R5 when/if we do.

Yes, I'll need to doublecheck but thomas_s had floated 23 shares for another that were instead paid directly...which means:

We *may* have a few open shares in R3/R4 after everything has sorted out & people have stepped forward or back.

I won't list us as open & I need Thomas's help to confirm: but it's looking like Thomas will be refunded for 23 R4 shares and....

We *may*, emphasis on may, have 2 open shares available in R3 and 5 open shares available in R4. At this time: Only co-op members, those that have PMed me in the past for backup shares, & those stopping by the thread for the first time will likely know that there appears to be at-cost shares still available.  Wink

Please PM Thomas and I, if you'd like to soft reserve any of these shares at the at-cost prices discussed.
It's based on order of Q; based on who contacted us first w/ interest in available shares.

==

Backup Share Q list: Users d*****l, umdorado, and abullahadam. These 3 users have first right of refusal, in this order, to the 7 shares that appear to be available.

The first 2 members in the Backup Share Q have been contacted via PM as they were disappointed to miss out completely and wanted to know about future GBs. I've given them priority since they have no shares in R4 but were interested and had contacted me previously. Still confirming things w/ Thomas, but this double payment for 23 R4 share to Thomas requiring a refund + these 7 available shares appear to be the result of the avalanche of reservations, PMs, questions, and payment confirmations (including 1 double payment) we went thru this past week.

I'm on my break now I've responded to I believe all my PM's hopefully with all the ones for the GB I'll check the spreadsheet again when I get home tonight just to make sure.

As for the R5 I'm down to do it, but like I said gotta work some things out first so we don't accidentally sell too many / too little work with a bunch of wallets etc.
The wallet is so huge because of a double payment, a user never cc'd me on payment of shares which I believed they needed me to float.
First time ive heard of someone complaining about a "huge" wallet. Btw, I can chip in to help R5 when/if we do.

Yes, I'll need to doublecheck but thomas_s had floated 23 shares for another that were instead paid directly...which means:

We *may* have a few open shares in R3/R4 after everything has sorted out & people have stepped forward or back.

I won't list us as open & I need Thomas's help to confirm: but it's looking like Thomas will be refunded for 23 R4 shares and....

We *may*, emphasis on may, have 2 open shares available in R3 and 5 1 open shares available in R4. At this time: Only co-op members, those that have PMed me in the past for backup shares, & those stopping by the thread for the first time will likely know that there appears to be at-cost shares still available.  Wink

Please PM Thomas and I, if you'd like to soft reserve any of these shares at the at-cost prices discussed.
It's based on order of Q; based on who contacted us first w/ interest in available shares.

==

Backup Share Q list: Users d*****l, umdorado, and abullahadam. These 3 users have first right of refusal, in this order, to the 7   3 shares that appear to be available.

The first 2 members in the Backup Share Q have been contacted via PM as they were disappointed to miss out completely and wanted to know about future GBs. I've given them priority since they have no shares in R4 but were interested and had contacted me previously. Still confirming things w/ Thomas, but this double payment for 23 R4 share to Thomas requiring a refund + these 7 available shares appear to be the result of the avalanche of reservations, PMs, questions, and payment confirmations (including 1 double payment) we went thru this past week.
Owner, Minersource.net
Owner, Minersource.net
So..... r5?
(I swear I didnt say anything)
I'm down with an r5 but gotta work some stuff out first.

For future co-op GBs I don't directly run, I suppose for a 0.5% management fee:

- I can handle setting up a DZ Miner Cooperative R5, Rx, etc., thread or threads under my username with the caveat that I'm definitely taking a backseat assist as the overall DZ Miner's Cooperative Coordinator
- Updates to top thread in GB to update latest share reservations and paid shares.
- Wallet collection in a wallet that's done over 200BTC of transfers on behalf of the co-op
- Contacts at HashFast including John S.'s work cell #, to get things done quickly
- Payment to the mfg. and shipping details arranged for the co-op (by majority vote if there's more than 1 vetted miner host contender making their host site available)
- Backup host sites in multiple US states
- Remote Administration and remote setup of the miner(s) or co-admin role
- Handing miner payout details to the GBC who collects the mined BTC for payouts but *supervising* and looking into things if there's any questions/concerns from co-op members.
- Dispute resolution within the co-op - which should hopefully be very, very rare thanks to the quality of the people that has been assembled.

Sound fair?

Thomas has gotten a close up look at how these Rig GBs run & I believe he's now ready to handle his own major Rig GB, having done 3 GBs under my tutelage (and prior GBs to that). He even has some ideas about hosting a site for the co-op that would have a chat room, if anyone would like to help him with this.

I may run future GBs but I'm def. taking a break to sort spreadsheets out, catch up on things around the house, & unwind a bit. Need to update numbers but I believe our co-op is about 40 members strong now.
I nominate you for title of "Spreadsheet Master"
Shares list for R3/R4 sent to Thomas to compare notes before publishing.

Should be published tomorrow evening.
So..... r5?

For future co-op GBs I don't directly run, I suppose for a 0.5% management fee:

- I can handle setting up a DZ Miner Cooperative R5, Rx, etc., thread or threads under my username with the caveat that I'm definitely taking a backseat assist as the overall DZ Miner's Cooperative Coordinator
- Updates to top thread in GB to update latest share reservations and paid shares.
- Wallet collection in a wallet that's done over 200BTC of transfers on behalf of the co-op
- Contacts at HashFast including John S.'s work cell #, to get things done quickly
- Payment to the mfg. and shipping details arranged for the co-op (by majority vote if there's more than 1 vetted miner host contender making their host site available)
- Backup host sites in multiple US states
- Remote Administration and remote setup of the miner(s) or co-admin role
- Handing miner payout details to the GBC who collects the mined BTC for payouts but *supervising* and looking into things if there's any questions/concerns from co-op members.
- Dispute resolution within the co-op - which should hopefully be very, very rare thanks to the quality of the people that has been assembled.

Sound fair?

Thomas has gotten a close up look at how these Rig GBs run & I believe he's now ready to handle his own major Rig GB, having done 3 GBs under my tutelage (and prior GBs to that). He even has some ideas about hosting a site for the co-op that would have a chat room, if anyone would like to help him with this.

I may run future GBs but I'm def. taking a break to sort spreadsheets out, catch up on things around the house, & unwind a bit. Need to update numbers but I believe our co-op is about 40 members strong now.
So..... r5?
Everyone that contacted me or thomas_s with a Tx ID has been paid and confirmed.

I still need to reconfirm R3/R4 payment/ownership tonight in my R3/R4 spreadsheets I'm sending to Thomas tonight but as far as I'm concerned: everyone that reserved and sent a payment in is PAID and CONFIRMED.  Smiley

Was a bit surreal sending out about $24K worth of BTC last night on behalf of the co-op for 3 miners being sent to Missouri. We received "Costco" type pricing *and* Costco-type deals (R2 buyout, extended flash sale pricing), by all of us banding together, so pats on the back everyone!

BTW, I didn't notice new member slayernine sneaking onto the thread.  Wink I had gotten used to seeing him via PM I forgot that was his 1st intro to the co-op.

Thank you and welcome aboard!
Here's all 3 transactions for our 2 miner purchases: https://blockchain.info/address/16N9on4bha4ehXHh4NsTQngPcn8TSGcwWL

G'night!

==

BTW, Bob, you may want to check with HashFast as to what 19" racks they recommend as some racks have diff. bolt patterns (says this server monkey).
Merit: 501
IT BEGINS

Wow.  Nice picture.  Did someone sneak in and take a photo of the BFL shipping area?
So this is our hosting center ??   I had expected something slightly, more, errr, ummm.....  Blue?
Pages:
Jump to: