Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]***Spondoolies Tech SP10 - 1.4-1.45Th/s - $2,795 + shipping*** - page 11. (Read 32176 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Sorry for all the questions, how many confirmations until payment status changes?
With the rise in BTC price and knowing this will arrive in 1 piece I decided to pull the trigger, looking forward to plugging her into the farm. Hopefully DHL isn't the shipper and if they are I don't have the nightmares like others. Fingers crossed!
If I order today what vendor will ship? It still says DHL on the site and am scared stuff will get stuck in customs.
legendary
Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203
Are the units stuck in customs because of FC compliance issues or because they are unable to put it into a specific category?

Yes that is the case, "US Customs requires further inspection".. they do not know what it is. UGH

same thing with mine in Canada Customs. The thing im confused about is why DHL were asking me to declare what i was having shipped into Canada. Shouldn't there have been a description sent with the paperwork from SP-Tech? I don't ship things and have no idea what pass phrases work at customs to speed up the process. I first wrote it down as "computer / server parts in a case" because they probably do not know what a bitcoin miner is. I phoned DHL today and that didn't work and is why my package is sitting there still. This time I said fuck it, and told them to try "Bitcoin Mining Computer". Time to wait and see.. suggestions for third attempt? hah
Activity: 826
you dont get free shipping with the new lower price, and it still works out to being above $2900 when you select your form of shipping.

That means there is no incentive for a group buy when you get the same price for your own unit. I am sure they are talking and this might get me off the sidelines.
legendary
Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203
you dont get free shipping with the new lower price, and it still works out to being above $2900 when you select your form of shipping.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Spoke with the great guys at Spondoolies last night - they were extremely helpful and answered questions quickly and succinctly.  I was impressed enough that I placed an order for an SP-10.  This morning, I start the fun international wire transfer process, and by 3:00 this afternoon local, it clears and processes.  Within the hour the price drops.  LOL... I feel like Maxwell Smart... "Missed it by that much!"

RoadStress, I'd like to thank you for putting together this group buy with Spondoolies.  I can't wait to get my new SP-10!
Activity: 826
So are they going to drop prices for the group buy since they have dropped site prices to $2795.00
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Are the units stuck in customs because of FC compliance issues or because they are unable to put it into a specific category?

Yes that is the case, "US Customs requires further inspection".. they do not know what it is. UGH
I also recall having problems with customs, then again customs only thought i forgot to add my VAT number as they didn´t think a private person would buy such pricy "server equipment"

After that they first said, "we have to look into the box" but after 2 days somehow came to the conclusion that they didn´t want to look into the box anymore...

It appears US Customs is holding for 5 days to inspect to insure it is not counterfeit. OMFG these idiots would not know their a$$ from a hole in the ground and THEY are going to know IF a circuit is counterfeit. This is a nightmare
Activity: 560
I created new FW version that has option to customise DC2DC current (1.3.31-experiment).
If you have COLD ambient temperature (<25C) and slow corner May batch unit:
Set
-----
DC2DC current limit to 63
AC2DC limit to 1265
start voltage to 0.68
max voltage to 0.73
fans to 80%
------
and you just might get about ~1.5.

If you don't have slow corner May unit or don't know what Asic corner unit you have, set start voltage to 0.660. I didn't try it but it might give you a bit more.

Just monitor the DCt column in the ASIC stats that it is not over 90, and I don't know how stable it is, so if you leave it over night you might loose hash rate if it falls.

It's in custom FW downloads, 1.3.31-experiment, only for the brave for now.
Activity: 714

I also recall having problems with customs, then again customs only thought i forgot to add my VAT number as they didn´t think a private person would buy such pricy "server equipment"

After that they first said, "we have to look into the box" but after 2 days somehow came to the conclusion that they didn´t want to look into the box anymore...
Activity: 574

Cleared fedex immediately, the driver attempted delivery outside of hours (about 30 mins early) went to get breakfast and came back the minute of our posted hours saying "I saw you guys weren't open yet so I went to get some food and came back"...

DHL = 1 hour long phone call "We might be able to come back"

Activity: 714

Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Thanks BOB,

Now I am crying..  just a little bit. I am hopeful for a June delivery at this point. I even volunteered to teach the dolites @ US Customs what a computer looks like, I guess if it does not come from the apple store it can not be consumer electronics.

I know the feeling. I think Thomas has called DHL greater than 20 times in the last 2 weeks, We have issues with almost all of their shipments, not just SP10s.
Thanks BOB,

Now I am crying..  just a little bit. I am hopeful for a June delivery at this point. I even volunteered to teach the dolites @ US Customs what a computer looks like, I guess if it does not come from the apple store it can not be consumer electronics.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Due to the recent issues with DHL shipping to the US we are looking into other couriers.

We will continue to update and should have a new solution within the next few days.

Thanks everybody for bringing these issues to our attention!

Gadi

We are no longer shipping to the USA with DHL.
There are two other options we are testing, may the best courier win.

GREAT!!

Only wish I had that choice last week, GOD only knows when DHL will get me these sp-10's..

I can only say BtiMainTech saved my A$$ by shipping without fail 2 x S1 & 2 x S2.

DHL is working HARD to F this shipment up.

My new shipments came via Fedex- 2 day delivery time from tracking number > out for delivery
Due to the recent issues with DHL shipping to the US we are looking into other couriers.

We will continue to update and should have a new solution within the next few days.

Gadi

GREAT!!

Only wish I had that choice last week, GOD only knows when DHL will get me these sp-10's..

I can only say BtiMainTech saved my A$$ by shipping without fail 2 x S1 & 2 x S2.

DHL is working HARD to F this shipment up.
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

Gadi

I think this is a huge failure on enermax part. There is no reason the psu fans should be 80db.
A huge failure would be if the fans stopped spinning.
Pages:
Jump to: