Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]***Spondoolies Tech SP10 - 1.4-1.45Th/s - $2,795 + shipping*** - page 30. (Read 32174 times)

Activity: 399
Merit: 105
I could not resist.

I ordered 5 pieces.

Thank you all.
Same for me - couldn't resist.  lol
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I could not resist.

I ordered 5 pieces.

Thank you all.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Buying miner these days are like a hedged bet buying btc really...
I.e by spending 8 btc for this miner you'll earn 5 btc plus a pretty gear as a bonus.

Assuming that difficulty goes up exponentially, but we are at the lowest growth for the last 10 months judging by this graph http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

Like I said we are currently at 8 Bn - next week 9 Bn - you will break even at 40 Bn... That's a long way to go....

I doubt anyone believes that this will happen in 3-4 months - that you will break even for your investment with the current rates.

You mightl break even physically, but not spiritually and emotionally.

Your wife and family will yell at you because you are making the place hotter and louder.  Your coworkers will find out and talk behind your back how you are such a gambler.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
I.e by spending 8 btc for this miner you'll earn 5 btc plus a pretty gear as a bonus.

Assuming that difficulty goes up exponentially, but we are at the lowest growth for the last 10 months judging by this graph http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

Like I said we are currently at 8 Bn - next week 9 Bn - you will break even at 40 Bn... That's a long way to go....

I doubt anyone believes that this will happen in 3-4 months - that you will break even for your investment with the current rates.

And before 40BN everyone with higher than 0.7W/GH power consumption is already in the red and needs to turn their miners off.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

legendary

Activity: 204
If BTC goes to $650 by 19 May I will get one for sure !
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Ordered 2 as well.

Quote from: cr4sh0verride
If you get the hosting option will it be online on the 16th May?

Interested in that as well. Can you please let us know?

Also can we get a special price for 12 months hosting as you offer maximum only 3 months.

12 months the electricity cost will be more than the profits so there is no need for 12 months, hence 3 months.  These people know what they are doing, so if you think you can make a profit with this miner for 12 months then please calculate your math again.

Is $0.15/KWh a realistic number?
If yes you need a difficulty of 45m in order to just break even with cost of electricity vs profit of miner. Will difficulty be at 45bn in 1 year?
On the other hand maybe they are thinking to have lower prices in 3 months due to the fact that you will make less money.
Activity: 784
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Ordered 2 as well.

Also can we get a special price for 12 months hosting as you offer maximum only 3 months.

12 months the electricity cost will be more than the profits so there is no need for 12 months, hence 3 months.  These people know what they are doing, so if you think you can make a profit with this miner for 12 months then please calculate your math again.
Ordered 2 as well.

Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
BAM!! x2!! that did the trick Smiley

I also suggest another 10% goes to cgminer dev for the free use of mining s/w.

Cheers,
QG
legendary

UPDATE

!!! For ALL units the costs is $3,200 + free shipping OR one months hosting in Israel !!!
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
You said, "Maximum number of units is 500 and the deadline is 20 May 23:59 CEST time!"

You will ship on May 16?

Spondoolies Tech will start shipping on May 16 based on the reservation queue.

When can we begin to pay (in btc)?

Once paid and should the number of units reach another level, how will you account for the difference? a refund? i.e. pay $3400 on the 15th, shipped on the 16th, 17th we reach 201 units and the price drops to $3300. $100 refund?

Let's see how the sale progress. Previous sale also had slow start and picked up speed after several days.
Your place in the shipping queue is determined by the txid.

We'll start to collect $3,200 in few days, not to delay shipping.

Guy
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
You said, "Maximum number of units is 500 and the deadline is 20 May 23:59 CEST time!"

You will ship on May 16?

When can we begin to pay (in btc)?

Once paid and should the number of units reach another level, how will you account for the difference? a refund? i.e. pay $3400 on the 15th, shipped on the 16th, 17th we reach 201 units and the price drops to $3300. $100 refund?
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
I find SP10 is much much more reliable and it can reach 0.7W/GH if needed because I see power consumption comparing.

0.7w/gh at the wall tested?

What is the hashrate per chip at that efficiency?
legendary

You will ship on May 16?

I know these are more power efficient, but the S2 right now costs $2200 for 1TH ($2.20/Gh VS $2.395/Gh based on 0-100 orders.)

I also agree with cr4sh0verride, if only the BTC price was higher, I would've bought a few units. I haven't recouped enough money from all my previous purchases to be able to buy these. This saddens me Sad
I really wish I could've gotten some of these units Sad

If this GB hits 400 orders ($2.133/GH), I'm most likely going to at least get one unit!

Here's to hoping this GB hits 399, and to BTC prices to rise!

Would someone explain to me why this is a better deal than an S2?  An S2 currently costs around $2200 with coupon (around $2.20 per G/hash),  has only a little worse power/ghash,  and ships about a week and a half earlier?  Seems like the S2 is a better deal,  even if 401 units are bought.

The are a lot of differences when comparing SP10 to the S2. First of all your SP10 won't come trashed and it will be plug and hash! Until today nobody complained that the miner didn't hash out of the box. Also the SP10 is more robust and it doesn't feel like something might break or fall down any moment. It doesn't have overheat problems since it has thermal sensors that can invoke chips shutdown separately. I saw S2s with corrupt images right on their first days, haven't seen one yet in an SP10.
Also choosing SP10 will also bring you a Customer Support that is by far much better. You will get answers every time and you can send any requests regarding the firmware and the miner GUI. Let's see that when you buy an S2.

I find SP10 is much much more reliable and it can reach 0.7W/GH if needed because I see power consumption comparing.

@Airwhale Batch 4 isn't shipping yet so I don't know why are you comparing shipping times.
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
Would someone explain to me why this is a better deal than an S2?  An S2 currently costs around $2200 with coupon (around $2.20 per G/hash),  has only a little worse power/ghash,  and ships about a week and a half earlier?  Seems like the S2 is a better deal,  even if 401 units are bought.

SP units are 2U and hash over 1.4 th/s.

Antminer S2 are 4U and hash at 1 th/s.

For some, the space is valuable.
SP10 is 1.25U
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
best of luck with this one Mr. I'm still saying; the most efficient miner in the world today.
Activity: 816
Would someone explain to me why this is a better deal than an S2?  An S2 currently costs around $2200 with coupon (around $2.20 per G/hash),  has only a little worse power/ghash,  and ships about a week and a half earlier?  Seems like the S2 is a better deal,  even if 401 units are bought.

SP units are 2U and hash over 1.4 th/s.

Antminer S2 are 4U and hash at 1 th/s.

For some, the space is valuable.
Pages:
Jump to: