Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 5. (Read 102209 times)

Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Would you be willing transfer ownership of scryptguild?   Reddcoin is looking to make something like this to use for people who want to mine and purchase Reddcoin because he mining period is over.  Im sure this is a huge request and i would understand a lack of interest in the idea.   Figured I'd at least ask...
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Do you think you will reopen the site when you have time for it in the future?  I mean most of the hard work is done and you've proved out that it's production ready.

It's unlikely, but I won't rule it completely out.  My biggest factor for closing down is that I know ScryptGuild is currently not running as well as it could, and I know that I don't have the time in the near future to correct that.

EDIT:  And as if on queue, last night the pool ran out of disk space on the partition with the coin daemons causing them to crash, just great...
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
I would suggest not to close the pool but to switch it to  the  LTC solely mining project. In this case it will not consume your time, El  Kiss What about to sell it?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
ScryptGuild was a nice idea, too bad it didn't take off. Good luck to your video game store project!
Activity: 677
Do you think you will reopen the site when you have time for it in the future?  I mean most of the hard work is done and you've proved out that it's production ready.
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
this is a shame, ur pools were always quality
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
This is a let down, but thanks for the transparency and the good work. I could not find any pool that converts all alt coins to btc and then transfer to crypsy in btc.

Thanks again and good luck with your next adventure and I hope you can help your parents.
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
You should do an "Eleu-Coin", just for buying videogames at your store ! Single purpose coins are all the rage, I hear.

Yeah, but then I might have to register EleuCoins with NYDFS!

There is no escape. sadface.
legendary
You should do an "Eleu-Coin", just for buying videogames at your store ! Single purpose coins are all the rage, I hear.

Yeah, but then I might have to register EleuCoins with NYDFS!
donator
Poor impulse control.
A commendable thing to do for your parents.  I wish you luck.  In fact, let us know when it's complete.  I would love to start a NES/SNES collection and would like another source besides thrift stores and ebay.

I'll definitely make a mention of it on the BTC Guild thread once it's ready.  I still have over 1,000 games in stock from when I stopped the business last time.  For most titles, I was the best price assuming equal condition.  I also always had multiple angles and high resolution pictures of the individual cartridges so you knew the exact condition before biting the bullet.  BTC will definitely be accepted as well, fully integrated into the shopping cart rather than just a BitPay/Coinbase plugin.

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
why not hand it over to someone trusted to get it going right?

and if ya still shutdown, will all our alt coins be converted? i got some that aren't being converted...been a few days now
donator
Poor impulse control.
Good luck eleuthria, and thanks for running a great pool while it lasted.
Activity: 4
The reason why I asked you to also payout to other people that won't reach the minimum automatic withdrawalis because I was assuming scrypt guild's hot wallet supports sending different amounts to different address in the same transaction.
I think doing so is a great way to save on transaction fees if you have to make a lot of little payments to various addresses.
legendary
A commendable thing to do for your parents.  I wish you luck.  In fact, let us know when it's complete.  I would love to start a NES/SNES collection and would like another source besides thrift stores and ebay.

I'll definitely make a mention of it on the BTC Guild thread once it's ready.  I still have over 1,000 games in stock from when I stopped the business last time.  For most titles, I was the best price assuming equal condition.  I also always had multiple angles and high resolution pictures of the individual cartridges so you knew the exact condition before biting the bullet.  BTC will definitely be accepted as well, fully integrated into the shopping cart rather than just a BitPay/Coinbase plugin.
legendary
I'm not going to be able to reach the minimum withdrawal amount before you shut down tonight.
I don't suppose you'd be willing to manually pay it out to me along with paying out the other people who won't reach the minimum automatic withdrawal amount.
Also I wish there had been a manual withdrawal method.
My username on scrypt guild is "lunaticgame" (without quotes).
For security reasons please just pay it out to the automatic withdrawal address on my account.

I'm going to be working out a way to handle BTC amounts under 0.001 for a final payout.  This doesn't apply to any other coin, since not a single other one is even worth a penny if you're talking in 0.000x amounts.  Please keep an eye on the thread/website, the 0.000x BTC withdrawal process will probably end up formalized next weekend.
Activity: 4
I'm not going to be able to reach the minimum withdrawal amount before you shut down tonight.
I don't suppose you'd be willing to manually pay it out to me along with paying out the other people who won't reach the minimum automatic withdrawal amount.
Also I wish there had been a manual withdrawal method.
My username on scrypt guild is "lunaticgame" (without quotes).
For security reasons please just pay it out to the automatic withdrawal address on my account.
Activity: 677
Activity: 40
Thanks for everything eleuthria.
legendary
Wow, that's sudden.  Thanks for creating such a great pool.

I just didn't want to continue running the pool knowing it was running suboptimally.  I don't have the time to complete the rewrite, nor do I have the time to try to plug in more coins to the current system, which is not sustainable (the rewrite was needed for many reasons, one of which is the rate of database growth).  Had I known that the rewrite would have been delayed this long, I probably would've given this notice earlier.

So what's the new project?

Prior to getting involved in Bitcoin I was starting up a used video game (cartridge era) store with a mixture of eBay and a custom built ecommerce site.  It was actually on track to earn more than my day job as an accountant, but then I got involved in Bitcoin and that business was quickly put on hold.  I'm now trying to restart that business from the ground up, and also involving my parents to help support them going forward.

At this point, I feel that project needs to take a priority over ScryptGuild.  It not only has a better economic outlook, but it also helps my parents.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Sad to hear it.
It was a great project.
Good luck with your new endeavor.
Pages:
Jump to: