Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 6. (Read 102209 times)

Activity: 677
Merit: 500
Wow, that's sudden.  Thanks for creating such a great pool.  So what's the new project?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
If you have trouble with withdrawals not executing, please post.  It will take some time to get the proper balance on the exchanges vs on the pool wallets as users begin to withdraw their balances.  I will be checking in multiple times per day to try to catch when one side runs out of coins.
legendary
Posting this a second time since it creates a new page on the thread.

ScryptGuild Closing Down

ScryptGuild is going to be shutting down on September 27, 2014.  The mining servers will halt in 2 weeks, which is August 10th.  Users will have until September 20th to withdraw their balances before the coin daemons and wallets are taken offline.

I would like to thank everybody that has joined ScryptGuild to date.  The pool was a fun new project to work on, solving the problems of maintaining state within multiple coins over a single server to keep shares valid even during switches, and allow fast user switching on demand.  I am very sorry that the pool ended up entering a period of non-development for so long.  The rewrite was something I looked forward to, but the external factors which kept delaying the rewrite ended up pushing a different project into the front of the line.  I do not want the pool to become another ArsBitcoin/Deepbit, where it just continues on with no direction and no updates, dying of atrophy, and as such have decided that shutting down is the proper action to take.

At this time, I'm trying to get another non-pool related project off the ground, which is something I've been putting off for a few years (before BTC Guild even started).  These days, it looks like it's time to work on that project.  It is not only one that I have been wanting to do, but also one which I believe has a much brighter future than a scrypt-coin mining pool.

legendary
ScryptGuild Closing Down

ScryptGuild is going to be shutting down on September 27, 2014.  The mining servers will halt in 2 weeks, which is August 10th.  Users will have until September 20th to withdraw their balances before the coin daemons and wallets are taken offline.

I would like to thank everybody that has joined ScryptGuild to date.  The pool was a fun new project to work on, solving the problems of maintaining state within multiple coins over a single server to keep shares valid even during switches, and allow fast user switching on demand.  I am very sorry that the pool ended up entering a period of non-development for so long.  The rewrite was something I looked forward to, but the external factors which kept delaying the rewrite ended up pushing a different project into the front of the line.  I do not want the pool to become another ArsBitcoin/Deepbit, where it just continues on with no direction and no updates, dying of atrophy, and as such have decided that shutting down is the proper action to take.

At this time, I'm trying to get another non-pool related project off the ground, which is something I've been putting off for a few years (before BTC Guild even started).  These days, it looks like it's time to work on that project.  It is not only one that I have been wanting to do, but also one which I believe has a much brighter future than a scrypt-coin mining pool.

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Hey Eleuthria, any info on when a new update to the guild will be coming?
I'd really like to see things like better adjustable speed graphs and a "earned past 24hr" readout
1month 1wk 1day 1hr, things like that
legendary
Is autopay turned off again?  I have it set to the minimum but it is not sending it out.  Any ideas? Huh

0.01+ triggers hourly, 0.001-0.009 triggers once per 24 hours.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
so anybody know what was with that huge hashrate spike?  Huh
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Is autopay turned off again?  I have it set to the minimum but it is not sending it out.  Any ideas? Huh
legendary
One of the scrypt coin daemons is locking up.  It's fixed now, but the way it's dropping the pool queries is something that isn't detected as a failure, causing it to just hang.  I'm assuming setting a backup pool should let your miners failover though.  Right now the automated restarting isn't kicking in because the pool is never officially dead.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Hi,

I have lost connection to the pool too.

Automatic coin is also set to nothing... pool troubles Sad
Activity: 4
Hi,

I have lost connection to the pool too.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
I can't either.
-Dave
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Cant connect to pool right now. Anyone else?
I'm getting a wicked high stale rate with scryptguild...~5%  I've checked other pools, and so far stales haven't shown up.  Not sure if it's on the scryptguild side or if there's lag on my wireless network.

5% is  a dream for some people, I get a stale beacuse i did not put - No submit stale, I submit all my stale work and sometimes i get an accepted share, so its a futile submission to the pool in hopes of not wasting one accepted share or work....

all of my Zeus miner blizzards https://zeusminer.com/?raf=1302 are running at .5% rejected and 4-8% HW errors. How hot are your miners? I have a super chilled out ac running right atop mine and they are freezing to the touch. I hear it prolongs the life of the miner uses less electricity and higher hashrates more over clock. sure electricity but meh the trillions ill make willl cover it.
Activity: 520
I'm getting a wicked high stale rate with scryptguild...~5%  I've checked other pools, and so far stales haven't shown up.  Not sure if it's on the scryptguild side or if there's lag on my wireless network.
Activity: 1
eleuthria,

It looks like DOGE in the near future might implement auxpow in attempt to increase their hash rate.  Granted the developers are still working on a solution concerning DOGE's hash rate problem, but some in the DOGE community are leaning towards auxpow to be the answer for now.  If they do implement this, do you see sometime in the near future that the miners here on ScryptGuild will see the benefits of this change (i.e. receiving DOGE while while receiving LTC awards)?  Not sure how that affects our auto-switching capability to the most profitable coin.  Just wanted to get your take on this. Thanks!
Wow  Shocked what wild pool speed fluxcuations!
Can't wait for that rewrite!   Grin
Activity: 42
Hello,
we are a coin with Lamassu ATM that will be put in Berlin within a month and then 2 other ATMs 1 in EU and 1 in Canada.
We will be launching on wednesday on SCRYPT algo with Bittrex support.
Would you be interested as beeing listed as one of our launching pools ?

Please let me know.

PRE ANN: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-ann-payzor-coin-with-atms-scrypt-powpos-rare-big-bounties-695063
Activity: 677
Why why would you say that ?

Because:
This news update is being made to remind all users that BTC Guild is not a bank. Leaving BTC anywhere that is not your own wallet is always a risk that is outside of your control. Automatic withdrawals should always be set to trigger at least once a week, if not more frequently for large users, limiting your exposure.

The above is also important as news comes out of the New York Department of Financial Services, with proposed regulations which are extremely broad. Under the current proposals (subject to public comment and revision), operating a pool within the US will be impossible to do legally without obtaining significant personal information on ALL users, not just those in the US. There would also be significant financial costs which would exceed the amount of money the pool has generated since inception. Since there is no way anybody will mine on a pool with those requirements, it means that any pool in the US will be forced to shut down, or operate illegally and hope they're ignored.

If the regulations are finalized (this is unlikely to happen for at least 3-4 months if not more) in a form that still applies to pools, the pool will be forced to shutdown. This news post is being made as notice that this is an exception to the stated 3-month closure window identified in our FAQ and the forum thread. If the regulations pass, the 3-month window will be reduced to 45 days due to legal requirement to cease operations prior to the regulations taking effect.

This warning is pre-emptive. Nothing has changed as of this news post, and I am still waiting on feedback from legal counsel regarding whether or not it is possible for New York to extend its reach into another state if the pool has users in it from New York. The applicability of long-arm statutes for internet-based business activity is extremely messy.
Pages:
Jump to: