Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 56. (Read 102241 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Well lets say i am pulling 7000 khash what should i set my difficulty to?

All on one worker?

Probably 512.  1024 might push your variance a bit high.

The pool does have variable difficulty.  You can also try setting it really low and see what the pool switches it to.

M
legendary
Definitely needing more speed, sucks when we fall back to Litecoin due to the difficulty/block rewards of other coins not making them profitable (even if they normally bounce back within a minute).  But that still puts a lot of shares towards LTC over time, but with such a high difficulty, we can go a long time between those blocks.  Variance is a bitch when you're small.

EDIT:  Doge is kind of the same.  4 shifts since our last DOGE block due to bad luck (we've submitted enough shares to average 3 blocks).

How are those additional coins coming? Smiley

M
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Hello I just started using this website and im using automatic conversion to bitcoin does that automatically set my worker difficulty or should i change those and if i should change just do what 256?

Worker difficulty depends on your hashrate. 

Also it says there is a 1% fee and .3% fee if doing automatic conversion so only a 1.3% fee total correct?

That's my understanding.

M

Well lets say i am pulling 7000 khash what should i set my difficulty to?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Definitely needing more speed, sucks when we fall back to Litecoin due to the difficulty/block rewards of other coins not making them profitable (even if they normally bounce back within a minute).  But that still puts a lot of shares towards LTC over time, but with such a high difficulty, we can go a long time between those blocks.  Variance is a bitch when you're small.

EDIT:  Doge is kind of the same.  4 shifts since our last DOGE block due to bad luck (we've submitted enough shares to average 3 blocks).
legendary
Hello I just started using this website and im using automatic conversion to bitcoin does that automatically set my worker difficulty or should i change those and if i should change just do what 256?

Worker difficulty depends on your hashrate. 

Also it says there is a 1% fee and .3% fee if doing automatic conversion so only a 1.3% fee total correct?

That's my understanding.

M
Activity: 15

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Question: why are there so little coins? Especially, why is the coin wasting so much time on Doge? Doge is not even Top20 on Coinwarz...

Where are AuroraCoin, GrandCoin, FastCoin, Flappycoin and so on?

Your first error was looking at Coinwarz.  Here's a tip:  EVERY coin estimate site is wrong.  Every, damn, one.  Because none of them are current on their chains, so they have the wrong difficulty for most newer coins (which adjust diff per block).  Additionally, they don't know what the reward on the next block is, so they use the "average" reward.

This might be a stupid question but....

The above table only shows coins where any earnings were generated during the shown shifts. If you submitted shares for a coin and do not see it above, it means no blocks for that coin were found.

So after a shift if we solve no block, the shares for that coin still count till the time when a block is solved right???

Shares are kept in the PPLNS system for 5 shifts (hours), so if we go back to a coin later and solve a block, your time spent previously impacts your rewards.

One thing people need to remember:  There is no concept of "progress" towards a block.  If the average time to find a block is 5 minutes for the pool, and we haven't found one in 10 minutes, that doesn't mean we're any "closer" to finding a block.  The average time is still 5 minutes.  As a result, there is *no* reason to remain on a coin if another coin is now more profitable.

ScryptGuild's coin switching is unique, in that ScryptGuild is on every coin at all times.  On the miner end, switching coins is no different from a new block on the network, with the exception of the old work *might* still be valid.  It means that we can switch coins without invalidating old work.  If your miner submits a share for a previous job after we switched coins, it can still be valid and still solve a block, as long as a new block hasn't been found on that coin yet (in which case it IS stale).
eleuthria, how does your brain fit inside your cranium??  believe it or not I actually understood the above...thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Are you guys running this from Montreal too? If so I'd like to head over to your offices to sit down and chat if possible. I have a few ideas that may be worth while for you guys to look at with me.

legendary
ScryptGuild's coin switching is unique, in that ScryptGuild is on every coin at all times.  On the miner end, switching coins is no different from a new block on the network, with the exception of the old work *might* still be valid.  It means that we can switch coins without invalidating old work.  If your miner submits a share for a previous job after we switched coins, it can still be valid and still solve a block, as long as a new block hasn't been found on that coin yet (in which case it IS stale).

*Very* clever!

+1

M
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Question: why are there so little coins? Especially, why is the coin wasting so much time on Doge? Doge is not even Top20 on Coinwarz...

Your first error was looking at Coinwarz.  Here's a tip:  EVERY coin estimate site is wrong.  Every, damn, one.  Because none of them are current on their chains, so they have the wrong difficulty for most newer coins (which adjust diff per block).  Additionally, they don't know what the reward on the next block is, so they use the "average" reward.

The above table only shows coins where any earnings were generated during the shown shifts. If you submitted shares for a coin and do not see it above, it means no blocks for that coin were found.

So after a shift if we solve no block, the shares for that coin still count till the time when a block is solved right???

Shares are kept in the PPLNS system for 5 shifts (hours), so if we go back to a coin later and solve a block, your time spent previously impacts your rewards.

One thing people need to remember:  There is no concept of "progress" towards a block.  If the average time to find a block is 5 minutes for the pool, and we haven't found one in 10 minutes, that doesn't mean we're any "closer" to finding a block.  The average time is still 5 minutes.  As a result, there is *no* reason to remain on a coin if another coin is now more profitable.

legendary
Activity: 1050
great pool and great leadership!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored

From a post today in this thread:

@ Dev, could you please add Auroracoin to the pool. It is currenty one of the most profitable coins to mine.

Would be nice to have that.

Agreed, I'm curious how quickly new profitable coins will be added.

Prior to the profit switching update, new coins could be added seamlessly, without even a blip in the mining server.  However, the last time I added a coin it did cause a brief (~half second) outage.  I do know where the bug is, but it will take a server restart to actually fix (another half second outage).  My plan is to add a half dozen more coins to the system tomorrow, and hopefully fix it so future coins will not require restarts again.

Thanks.
Let's hope it won't be too late to profit off Aurora. Waffle is making tons of dinero off that currently:
http://wafflepool.com/stats
Activity: 476

From a post today in this thread:

@ Dev, could you please add Auroracoin to the pool. It is currenty one of the most profitable coins to mine.

Would be nice to have that.

Agreed, I'm curious how quickly new profitable coins will be added.

Prior to the profit switching update, new coins could be added seamlessly, without even a blip in the mining server.  However, the last time I added a coin it did cause a brief (~half second) outage.  I do know where the bug is, but it will take a server restart to actually fix (another half second outage).  My plan is to add a half dozen more coins to the system tomorrow, and hopefully fix it so future coins will not require restarts again.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored

Activity: 363
LTC mining pops up every now in then in the top right corner of the dashboard under "automatic" coin, im guessing it's telling me what's being mined. With LTC not being able to be cashed out, are my shares actually going to LTC mining?

you can cash out LTC. (wallet -> address)
Ltc is just not included in the auto-conversion.
Activity: 40

legendary
Loving the pool so far -- hopefully we will see the Mhash rise as it becomes popular.

So I noticed two things if anyone has some input:

LTC mining pops up every now in then in the top right corner of the dashboard under "automatic" coin, im guessing it's telling me what's being mined. With LTC not being able to be cashed out, are my shares actually going to LTC mining? I only ask because after a night of mining, i still see 0.0000 under the LTC section (I have about 4.5Mhash pointed to the pool)

Also - my stales are a nice good low number 3-4% (awesome), but the reward per 24 hours but my reward per 24 hours seems to be about half of what I was expecting. With 4.5 Mhash, I'm only seeing by current estimates 0.024BTC/24 hours

I realize there is a luck aspect, is this related to the LTC thing I mentioned above?

Thanks! and keep up the awesome work. This looks like a coin switching pool I will actually stay wtih (middle and waffle never really made me too happy)

Keep in mind just because it's mining LTC doesn't mean it's solving blocks.  Difficulty on LTC is pretty high, on average it'll take a bit for us to find a block with the hashrate we have now.

Your 24hr estimate seems about right for what I'm getting right now as well.  It does vary from day to day, so I assume that's based on luck and current market conditions.  Once we have more coins, our payout should increase.

Lastly, 3-4% stales/rejects is pretty high.  I have well under 1%.

M
Activity: 7
Loving the pool so far -- hopefully we will see the Mhash rise as it becomes popular.

So I noticed two things if anyone has some input:

LTC mining pops up every now in then in the top right corner of the dashboard under "automatic" coin, im guessing it's telling me what's being mined. With LTC not being able to be cashed out, are my shares actually going to LTC mining? I only ask because after a night of mining, i still see 0.0000 under the LTC section (I have about 4.5Mhash pointed to the pool)

Also - my stales are a nice good low number 3-4% (awesome), but the reward per 24 hours but my reward per 24 hours seems to be about half of what I was expecting. With 4.5 Mhash, I'm only seeing by current estimates 0.024BTC/24 hours

I realize there is a luck aspect, is this related to the LTC thing I mentioned above?

Thanks! and keep up the awesome work. This looks like a coin switching pool I will actually stay wtih (middle and waffle never really made me too happy)
legendary
Are we still at 0% PPLNS?  If so then the autoconvert is a steal deal.

What's the plan for PPLNS fee when out of beta? 

M
legendary
Ok, waffle is mediocre, middlecoin is crap, hashco is a scam.
Today I try ScryptGuild. Cheesy

You'll like it. 

M
Pages:
Jump to: