Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 54. (Read 102241 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Quick question.

I can't tell if it's just something with scryptguild or in general (it's a new thing I'm noticing, never had this on other pools) but once in a while I'll check my info and the hashrate just simply seems to stop, yet I'm getting a bunch of "unknown work".

What am I doing wrong that is causing this? Is it simply because my setup barfs and doesn't recover correctly?

What I'm seeing:
161,584 / 0 / 0 / 122,048

That unknown level just keeps going up, so it's clearly running but not correctly.

What software are you using?  Unknown work means one of three things:

1) You're submitting work that didn't come from ScryptGuild
2) You're submitting work that is more than 10 blocks old for that specific coin (meaning it's stale 10 times over, so old the pool no longer has record of sending it to you)
3) Your miner is screwing something up and making the work submissions unrecognizable

SGMiner 4.1.0

It's weird, once in a while I clearly get some coins out of the work, but for now it's purely in the unknown area. Yesterday I had the same issue but a reboot of the software fixed it, ran all night, and until earlier today I didn't have an issue again.

I don't think I've ever run into this issue with another pool, but then again I think I ran scryptguild for a couple days last week and didn't see this either so some trial and error seems in order.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
oh, here it is

just posting so I can find it again
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
I've fixed an error (damn typo) in the profit switching algorithm.  Litecoin was supposed to be receiving a penalty to it's profit score due to the expected high variance.  While statistically it may be worth mining as much as we have, it causes big swings in our daily profit due to the variance caused by mining a 2500-3500 difficulty coin with only 2-3 GH/s.  Litecoin's profit rating is now being penalized by a decent margin.

Our average profit will go down slightly from the penalty (since we're ignoring a coin that should be most profitable at the time), but it will be more consistent.  The penalty is variable, based on the pool speed vs. network difficulty of a high difficulty coin.

This error was not hurting our expected earnings, but it was causing situations like the last two days, where 1/3 to 1/2 of our shares were going to LTC for some shifts, which was the right choice, but we weren't hitting any blocks due to bad luck.  Consistency in preferred in this case, and is worth a slight reduction in expected payout.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Just jumped in the pool once I saw that auto-convert was finally added.  Great work on this pool.  All the features I've been looking for!  Looking forward to the continued development.
legendary
Quick question.

I can't tell if it's just something with scryptguild or in general (it's a new thing I'm noticing, never had this on other pools) but once in a while I'll check my info and the hashrate just simply seems to stop, yet I'm getting a bunch of "unknown work".

What am I doing wrong that is causing this? Is it simply because my setup barfs and doesn't recover correctly?

What I'm seeing:

That unknown level just keeps going up, so it's clearly running but not correctly.

What software are you using?  Unknown work means one of three things:

1) You're submitting work that didn't come from ScryptGuild
2) You're submitting work that is more than 10 blocks old for that specific coin (meaning it's stale 10 times over, so old the pool no longer has record of sending it to you)
3) Your miner is screwing something up and making the work submissions unrecognizable
legendary
Is that FRY?  Someone asked a good question earlier, why do we apparently have FRY blocks, but no FRY listing?

FRY is a coin that was added in alpha because it was a fresh launch.  It is not traded on any decent exchanges though.  The dashboard only includes coins which are part of the profit switching algorithm, which means the coins are traded on Cryptsy or BTC-e (exchanges with good volume and an API that allows for automatic trading).

Sorry if this is a silly question. How to Payouts work? Is it like other multipools where it auto pays after .01 and any balances over .001 are paid on Sundays? Can you manually cash out? Thanks for your help!

Automatic payouts run every hour.  You set your threshold on the Wallets page.  If your balance exceeds your threshold, your entire balance will be sent at the next automatic payout.  The minimum is 0.01 for any coin.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Quick question.

What I'm seeing:

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Hi guys,  I fancy giving scryptguild a try, can anyone let me know what the recent BTC/MH/24 returns have been like?

EDIT:  Apologies, just checked the last page and saw the 0.01/MH/Day figure
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Wow, had it set to 20?  What GPU?  Anything above 13 on my 280s causes errors and a decrease on hash rate.

Also, I'm pretty sure market depth is included, based on what I've seen Op say elsewhere.

M

in windows:  setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I forget what it is in linux, but something similar...

if you don't do that, anything above 12 or 13 gives massive hardware errors on my 7950's.. with the above, yer good all the way up to 20 (well, except for the stales thing)

(I believe 280's are just rebranded 79xx.. so it would probably be the same for them.)

Sigg

I'm using that GPU_MAX... setting.  I get errors above 13. 

Not sure about the rebranded part, I could never get above 450 kh/s on a 7970.  With the 280s I easily break 700 on every one I've touched so far, some as high as 750.

M
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
Wow, had it set to 20?  What GPU?  Anything above 13 on my 280s causes errors and a decrease on hash rate.

Also, I'm pretty sure market depth is included, based on what I've seen Op say elsewhere.

M

in windows:  setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I forget what it is in linux, but something similar...

if you don't do that, anything above 12 or 13 gives massive hardware errors on my 7950's.. with the above, yer good all the way up to 20 (well, except for the stales thing)

(I believe 280's are just rebranded 79xx.. so it would probably be the same for them.)

Sigg
legendary
I didn't have a lot of time to tweak this morning before I had to leave for work...  BUT, dropping intensity from 20 to 18 on one of my boxes got me down to around 1.5% .. Going to have to find the sweet spot.   Looks like I have a busy night ahead of me ...

A question.. you mentioned High intensity means larger batches... would the "worksize" parameter affect this as well?

A second question..  does the profit algorithm take into account market depth?  I.E.  if a coin has a very high value bid, but very anemic market depth, it still may not be worthwhile cuz we can't sell all the mined coins for a decent price...

thanks again Smiley
Sigg

M
Activity: 381
OK,  being an old btcguild user, I was quite happy when I saw this... just pointed my miners your way...    The first thing I noticed..I'm getting almost 10% stales...  is this to be expected?  Over on wafflepool I was getting under 2 percent...

--

Edit:  I just checked ping times and I'm averaging about 47ms.  So I don't think network is a significant factor in the stales...   Also getting about the same rate on both my linux and Win7 boxes.

If you run your miners on a very high intensity, you can see very large amounts of stales, especially when the pool is pointed towards coins that a lot of multipools are on, or very low diff coins.  Wafflepool lately has been on Auroracoin a lot lately, which has 10 minute block times.  ScryptGuild on the other hand is bouncing between much lower difficulty coins because Auroracoin is simply too high difficulty to bother with at current pool speed (people would bitch about 6 hours without any blocks).

ScryptGuild's profit algorithm already takes stale rates from low difficulty coins into account when evaluating which coin to move to.  However, 10% is *WAY* above normal.  If you don't run at high intensity, the stale rates are ~1% on my 90-100ms ping (with spikes due to being on wireless).  Intensity will cause stales because it means your GPUs are running larger batches of work before allowing an interrupt for a new block notification.

Thanks for the response. 

I didn't have a lot of time to tweak this morning before I had to leave for work...  BUT, dropping intensity from 20 to 18 on one of my boxes got me down to around 1.5% .. Going to have to find the sweet spot.   Looks like I have a busy night ahead of me ...

A question.. you mentioned High intensity means larger batches... would the "worksize" parameter affect this as well?

A second question..  does the profit algorithm take into account market depth?  I.E.  if a coin has a very high value bid, but very anemic market depth, it still may not be worthwhile cuz we can't sell all the mined coins for a decent price...

thanks again Smiley
Sigg
legendary
Sorry if this is a silly question. How to Payouts work? Is it like other multipools where it auto pays after .01 and any balances over .001 are paid on Sundays? Can you manually cash out? Thanks for your help!

You set your own, the payout sweep runs once an hour.  There are unposted limits, I'm not sure what they are.. but for example I can't get less than 1 LTC paid out.  However 0.1 BTC paid just fine.

I don't believe there's a manual payout.

M

but i believe that it must be at least 0.01 on each coin. Because i have the same problem.

I think it varies by coin.  I wasn't able to get less than 1 LTC paid out.

M
Activity: 79

You set your own, the payout sweep runs once an hour.  There are unposted limits, I'm not sure what they are.. but for example I can't get less than 1 LTC paid out.  However 0.1 BTC paid just fine.

M

but i believe that it must be at least 0.01 on each coin. Because i have the same problem.
legendary

M
Activity: 63

You set your own pay out amount.
Activity: 542
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
All jokes aside, where does Feathercoin stand?

It's one of the next on the list.  I'll probably be adding at least 3-4 more coins this weekend, along with getting the integration with BTC-e's API so auto-convert can work for LTC.

Is that FRY?  Someone asked a good question earlier, why do we apparently have FRY blocks, but no FRY listing?

EDIT: To clarify... FRY is in the pool speed drop down.  It's in the block statistics.  It's in the wallet listing.  Yet it's not on the dashboard or BTC conversion screens.

M

Hmm... I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

FRY is not Feathercoin.  Feathercoin is FTC.
legendary
All jokes aside, where does Feathercoin stand?

It's one of the next on the list.  I'll probably be adding at least 3-4 more coins this weekend, along with getting the integration with BTC-e's API so auto-convert can work for LTC.

EDIT: To clarify... FRY is in the pool speed drop down.  It's in the block statistics.  It's in the wallet listing.  Yet it's not on the dashboard or BTC conversion screens.

M
legendary
OK,  being an old btcguild user, I was quite happy when I saw this... just pointed my miners your way...    The first thing I noticed..I'm getting almost 10% stales...  is this to be expected?  Over on wafflepool I was getting under 2 percent...

Going to stick with it for a couple days to see how it is profit-wise even with the stales... just wondering if everyone else is seeing the same?

Thanks,
Sigg.

Edit:  I just checked ping times and I'm averaging about 47ms.  So I don't think network is a significant factor in the stales...   Also getting about the same rate on both my linux and Win7 boxes.

I'm averaging well under 1% stales, using I=13.

M
Pages:
Jump to: