Pages:
Author

Topic: Cloudhashing ASIC mining contracts, UK LTD company - Now Mining & Paying Bitcoin - page 14. (Read 197163 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I'm a bit confused about the RRP; in the 'Dashboard' there's a box that says: "The next RRP will take place on January 19th 2014 at a cost of $15.00/Gh." does this mean for every $15 (or Bitcoin equivalent) I get one additional Gh? And for what term; the duration of my existing contract? Till the next RRP? The next five minutes?

Undecided

Just ask'n...

Hoak,

Yes.  On January 19, you'll get 1 GH added for every $15 worth of Bitcoin you've allocated (at the price of Bitcoin that day).  It will show up in your account as a separate one-year contract.  So even if your current contract ends let's say in 6 months, the RRP would continue after that for one year.

Michael

$15 per ghs is extremely unlikely to ROI given current difficulty increases. How does cloud hashing plan to fix that?

I have paid <$4 per ghs for black arrow and first batch neptunes and I worry about ROI due to difficulty increase.

Selling at $15 per ghs is just rude IMHO.
Activity: 168
i got a question aswell....

why does my indefinite contract ends at 03/05/2021?

i thought it was indefinite.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Taking bitcoin mining to everybody
I'm a bit confused about the RRP; in the 'Dashboard' there's a box that says: "The next RRP will take place on January 19th 2014 at a cost of $15.00/Gh." does this mean for every $15 (or Bitcoin equivalent) I get one additional Gh? And for what term; the duration of my existing contract? Till the next RRP? The next five minutes?

Undecided

Just ask'n...

Hoak,

Yes.  On January 19, you'll get 1 GH added for every $15 worth of Bitcoin you've allocated (at the price of Bitcoin that day).  It will show up in your account as a separate one-year contract.  So even if your current contract ends let's say in 6 months, the RRP would continue after that for one year.

Michael
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
I like the new  Management here at Cloudhashing they changed the website for the better and appear to be making a better effort at doing the right thing.  

This off topic but on point:

we need more companies to do what overstock.com is doing. they will honor btc in the year 2014.
The future of btc is not a 'Silk road'  it is overstock.com ,Amazon.com ,Newegg.com.  etc

Some good news for btc.

A major internet retailer to take btc for payment:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2013-12-19-newsbtc-overstockcom-to-begin-accepting-bitcoin-second-half-of-2014-377271

The announcement comes directly from Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne, who spoke to me briefly on Wednesday in an interview by phone. Byrne told me that the company is still working out the logistics of accepting the currency, but notes that they plan to work independently of bitcoin payment processors like Coinbase or BitPay by implementing a proprietary system to manage the transactions. Byrne says Overstock will have no marginal cost in the implementation, so it’s something they’ll keep plugged in. If after a year or two Overstock sees minimal bitcoin purchases, that may be the time to pull that plug.

This is a hugely important milestone in bitcoin history. An online retailer the magnitude of Overstock surely has the power to become the catalyst in widespread acceptance of the digital currency in the online marketplace, but Byrne noted that at the end of the day, it really all depends on how many users end up paying with bitcoin.

“It will put [Overstock] at a competitive edge if, and only if, the general population starts thinking and using bitcoin,” he said. “We’re willing to take the first step and see.”

http://newsbtc.com/2013/12/19/overstock-com-begin-accepting-bitcoin-2nd-half-2014/

This is very good news for long term btc life.  Overstock has large sales and this  will put pressure on other e-tailers to do the same.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Undecided

Just ask'n...
Tokeweed,

It's in the Dashboard under Contracts.  You should see a new contract there that wasn't there previously.

That's your new hashing power increase via the Revenue Reinvestment Program which helps mitigate the difficulty increases inherent within Bitcoin mining.

Michael
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
where can i see rrp in the new interface?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
Whow just seen the new ui pool site, it seems better, and also you catch my sugestion to expand the Balance and RRP decimals, nice interface now ! I think is very much better.
ManicMeddler,

Thank you.  We're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.  But we really are trying.  We're actually in the process of revamping our website now.  It's a work in progress and I have already seen some typos and mobile display issues, but we'll get that ironed out as soon as we can.

Michael
Activity: 205
I think CH has stepped up TBH and they are performing well now - ive been happy with their service tbh

Glad to see that cloudhashing is continuing to improve and moving in the right direction.

However, you have to understand that some of us prefer to have problems resolved out in the open in a public forum.  Shows that you have nothing to hide and others with the same issues may benefit, have their own questions answered, or learn something they were not aware of.  Transparency is a good thing.

With that said, I bought two perpetual contracts in early May.  The last time I logged into my account, it indicated that those contracts expire in November 2016.  Any idea why?

Shawshank,

I completely agree with you that transparency is of the utmost importance.  However, I don't think answering customer support tickets via a third party forum is professional.  I think Cloudhashing did this in the past simply because they didn't have a robust support system or people available in the early days.  But it's not exactly what one expects from a mature company.  But this doesn't mean a company isn't transparent.  It's a false dichotomy in my opinion.  What I'd rather do is take someone's account issue and generalize it in order to do like you said, help "others with the same issue" etc.  I think a company can be transparent without posting every customer support ticket online.  You may disagree with me, and that's completely fine, but I just wanted to explain where I am coming from. 

On that note, while I won't specifically address your contract here (which you referenced), I will say that MANY of the expiration dates for contracts in our system aren't accurate.  Evidently there was an issue in the system we use when people bought contracts, and it led to many having erroneous expiration dates.  Not all, but quite a few.  We know this and will fix it before anything "expires".  It'll be part of some re-coding we do.  As previously mentioned, I hate when companies promise crap in the future, so I will not promise that this will be done by such and such date.  But once it's actually fixed I'll announce it, and then you can check your individual account to verify that it's been corrected properly, and if it has not been for some reason, then we'll have to look into your individual account and see what's up. 

Thanks again for your point on transparency.  I really do agree with you wholeheartedly.

Michael
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
Hi all,

I want to introduce myself.  My name is Michael from Cloudhashing.com, and I have taken over the public relations work there after being one of their customers since August.  I will be the only one writing from this account now. 

My professional involvement with CH began about a month ago when I began writing Cloud Hashing emails about mistakes they were making and things they should address in order to thrive.  I have been doing PR for 16 years, and they were making mistakes that frankly could have been avoided with some strategic planning.  To their great credit, they were very open to my critiques and wanted to make changes to better support their customers.  I met and got to know the owners and staff, and I am convinced that their intentions were honest and genuine, but they had made mistakes along the way which really hurt their credibility in some cases.  Some of this is to be expected from a start up which is suddenly way more successful than it had estimated during the planning stages, but some of it was inexcusable.   

Over the last month we've opened a customer service center in Austin, TX and hired full-time customer support.  This isn't some call center or anything.  In fact, I trained a really solid guy personally just last week.  Before this, we didn't have full-time, dedicated customer service, and it showed.

We also linked our Facebook to our Twitter and stopped doing customer service queries via social media and forums.  It's unprofessional.  Someone's accounts and concerns should be handled promptly and privately via email or phone.  When CH started it took some unheard-of length of time for someone to respond to customer queries (we're talking weeks, if ever!).  Today, you will likely hear back the same day or the next if it's a weekend or a complicated issue that we have to consult others on.  But in general, it's the same day or as darn close to it as humanly possible.

We also instituted a rule which basically states that we will never release information about what we're "going to do" or "are about to do" or anything like that as had been done in the past.  Who cares what you're about to do?  Just do it already.  Too many in the Bitcoin space are talking pre-orders, pre-announcements, pre-results, pre-promises.  I hate that.

About myself, I am passionate about Bitcoin, and I love the opportunity to help Cloudhashing.com reach its full potential.  I am married with two kids (another on the way in Jan.) and I enjoy watching the Kansas City Chiefs actually have a winning season...and long walks on the beach etc.

If you have questions about Cloudhashing.com or Bitcoin mining in general, I am very happy to respond to the best of my ability.  I look forward to helping bring Bitcoin mining to the mainstream with Cloudhashing.com, and I wanted to introduce myself before posting further as I know this is a strong community who knows Bitcoin like no other.

Michael

Glad to see that cloudhashing is continuing to improve and moving in the right direction.

However, you have to understand that some of us prefer to have problems resolved out in the open in a public forum.  Shows that you have nothing to hide and others with the same issues may benefit, have their own questions answered, or learn something they were not aware of.  Transparency is a good thing.

With that said, I bought two perpetual contracts in early May.  The last time I logged into my account, it indicated that those contracts expire in November 2016.  Any idea why?
I look forward to helping bring Bitcoin mining to the mainstream with Cloudhashing.com

You're gonna do WHAT now?!

MPOE-PR,

Not sure what your question means to be honest.  I'm happy to try to answer if you can help me better understand what you're asking.  Sorry, I guess I'm dense or need more coffee or something.

Michael
Seems Cloudhashing is getting on the right road.

my .0504 arrived  I cashed it at 850 usd so that is 42.84

my grand total for my july contract is 737 usd in   285.68 usd out  .  I cash when I get the coins

Aug  07 2013---- 0.10600                            
Aug 21 2013---- 0.17220
Sept 4  2013---- 0.21109
Sept 18 2013--- 0.29672
Oct   2 2013---- 0.26425
Oct 26 2013---- 0.11149
Nov 14 2013--- 0.10087
Nov 26 2013--- 0.06246
Dec 15 2013--- 0.50449

How do I rate them a little better.

But They underpaid from JULY 4 the promised start date up until sept 1. This cost more then 2 btc.

They gave me 1.25gh free hash to make up for that loss and frankly it does not and will not make up for that.
 They promised me  my 1 year 5.0 gh contract For July would be extended to Sept 2014 since full hash started in sept 2013.
 It still reads it ends July 2014.
 They promised me a refund Back in July and or August they never gave it.

So while they continue to pay out btc and have not folded they have more to go.  BUT paying out btc has to count for something

Philip,

Sorry to hear about the rocky relationship you've had with us.  I am happy you feel that there have been positives.  Hopefully more positives to follow.  I am told that as of tonight we've automated the daily payout script to everyone's wallets.  Thank God.  You don't know how many times I've reminded people to run the script.  We'll see if this is being automated over the next few days.  Bottom line is that we shouldn't make customers guess whether we run a script each day.  It should be automatic at a certain time or whatever every day.  That way our customers see this consistently and it will translate to more trust in the company.  

Anyway, thanks for posting and letting everyone know both the negatives AND the positives.  There are both to everything.

Michael

Elmismo,

We have comments on our FB every day.  We post info about Cloudhashing.com or about Bitcoin in general and then people can reply to that as they like.  I don't delete or censor negative feedback, in fact if you read my introductory post you'd have read that the whole reason I became involved with them was because I was one of those unhappy customers and decided to do something about it.  I'm pretty open about the company's past issues.  I don't try to make excuses.  I do try to make things better.

I'm sorry that you feel like the company is "scamming" or whatever.  It's inaccurate, but you have a right to your own opinion.  Not sure what else to tell someone who enjoys putting others down.

Michael
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Nice to have to here Michael... so I can keep saying my opinion. In facebook I see you had removed the comment option so future customers don't see how disappointed are currently customers.

That actually keep coherence with the transparence policy that always defines cloudscamming.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
I look forward to helping bring Bitcoin mining to the mainstream with Cloudhashing.com

You're gonna do WHAT now?!
legendary

my .0504 arrived  I cashed it at 850 usd so that is 42.84

my grand total for my july contract is 737 usd in   285.68 usd out  .  I cash when I get the coins

Aug  07 2013---- 0.10600                            
Aug 21 2013---- 0.17220
Sept 4  2013---- 0.21109
Sept 18 2013--- 0.29672
Oct   2 2013---- 0.26425
Oct 26 2013---- 0.11149
Nov 14 2013--- 0.10087
Nov 26 2013--- 0.06246
Dec 15 2013--- 0.05045

How do I rate them a little better.

But They underpaid from JULY 4 the promised start date up until sept 1. This cost more then 2 btc.

They gave me 1.25gh free hash to make up for that loss and frankly it does not and will not make up for that.
 They promised me  my 1 year 5.0 gh contract For July would be extended to Sept 2014 since full hash started in sept 2013.
 It still reads it ends July 2014.
 They promised me a refund Back in July and or August they never gave it.

So while they continue to pay out btc and have not folded they have more to go.  BUT paying out btc has to count for something

I must say that I am grateful they have continued to pay.
Activity: 140
legendary
Nice to see a worker hired by Ch.

It has been more then 28 hours since my coins left my ch account and they have not come to my wallet. It figures that as soon as I write something just a little bit nice about this company they  take too long to transfer my funds.
Pages:
Jump to: