Pages:
Author

Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁ - page 61. (Read 361434 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
your thought ?

Ponzi's almost always pay out through coinmixers, so you cant in any meaningful way trace the transactions back to their origins. Of course thats a huge red flag by itself, but to be fair,  there are valid reasons why a company would not pay directly from mined coins, like when paying dividends through intermediaries, if they use external pools etc.

Anyway, there is a reason the number one criteria is a public mining address, but there are also reasons for the other criteria.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Isn't it easy to verify though? All transactions are public.

If they are genuinely mining new coins that would show in the Blockchain. If, however, they are a "Ponzi Scheme" the Blockchain would show that they are only paying out based on what was paid to them.

That's the real advantage of Bitcoin: The ability to see at a glance.

So anyway, if someone suspects that a given company is scamming people, how about analyzing the block chain and providing evidence?

your thought ?

Of course the blockchain shouldn't lie. But I don't know if blockchain analysis is as easy as you say - I'm a newbie and I looked at some transactions for fun - and at least for me it is not so easy to "see at a glance"...

Additionally, people who prefer to stay anonymous might obscure/"wash" their bitcoin transactions, which makes it even more difficult.

I would like to get an explanation of "bitcoin analysis for newbies" - but I think it's not so easy, often I see a lot of addresses and no clear connection between them...
Activity: 758
Merit: 500
this is how you prove a cloud mining site is a ponzi or not . Wait for the first payment. If received then check the blockchain.  no need to get answers from something you can find out for yourself .  With the definition of what a ponzi is moving funds around from one investor to pay another investor .   a company can also fail but it not being able to be cost effective anymore so they shut it down.   that doesnt make it a ponzi it just went of of business.  can what this guy said be true

Isn't it easy to verify though? All transactions are public. I was able to verify the integrity of one company simply by looking at the payout address. I was able to see the daily payouts, how much was paid where, and how the money arrived. If they are genuinely mining new coins that would show in the Blockchain. If, however, they are a "Ponzi Scheme" the Blockchain would show that they are only paying out based on what was paid to them. For this reason I put more trust in a cloud company who pays out from an address exclusively used to have the mined Bitcoins deposited into whereas the one-time addresses used for being paid for new contracts should go to a different final address. From there I should be able to track where the money goes, if it is cashed out or if it is used to buy new hardware. That's the real advantage of Bitcoin: The ability to see at a glance.

So anyway, if someone suspects that a given company is scamming people, how about analyzing the block chain and providing evidence? It wouldn't surprise me that someone somewhere is doing this, but from what I can tell it is much more profitable in the long run to operate an honest mining company.

your thought ?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
This thread saved some BTC for me.
 Smiley
Activity: 616
Wow, that´s really great news about the only non-scam cloud mining operation in the universe

according to some anons on the internet.

legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
GenerateBTC.com is already gone.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
He's deluded to the point that he thinks the people pointing out red flags are the reason his investments in various ponzi's aren't turning out so well.

I think in this case he might be right, because talking about the truth can really bring a ponzi down. Liars and the truth are like fire and water. But he's wrong when he thinks that a legitimate "hard mining" business can be brought down by just some talk.
That's some next level quantum honesty you got there. It's not known how honest it is, until you observe it forcefully...
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
He's deluded to the point that he thinks the people pointing out red flags are the reason his investments in various ponzi's aren't turning out so well.

I think in this case he might be right, because talking about the truth can really bring a ponzi down. Liars and the truth are like fire and water. But he's wrong when he thinks that a legitimate "hard mining" business can be brought down by just some talk.

I think it´s a reasonable demand that these self-appointed judges of others and saviors of people from themselves disclose their identities. I´m sure their spotless records in this world will enhance their credibility and dissolve any speculations about their real agenda.

And because we really might damage the liar's businesses, and they might have a lot of (borrowed) money (which means power) and they might not have the best character, I would not recommend to diclose real identities here. You never know...

Yeah, that´s exactly what extortionists and other criminal garbage would just love them to do. And so they´re constantly whining about just that.

We have a "slightly" 180 degrees different view of who might be the criminal here.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Time to reclassify amhash. I thought they have mining operation directly under their own control:

The Announcement of AMHash Dividends Suspending

Dear customers,

We are very sorry to inform you that we have to continue to delay AMHash’s dividends,as we haven't received the payment from ASICMINER since 8th Feb,we are trying to communication with ASICMINER for this issue :

1. Dividends will be restarted in 24 hours as soon as ASICMINER sending us BTCs.

2. Dividends will be paid from 8th Feb and all missing dividends will be included if we get the payment.

3. Trading of AMHash1 on HAVELOCK will also be suspended until the dividends restart.

4. Any third-party platform collapse will be handled in the same way as hashie.co, AMHash will complete the hashrates transferring and subsequent dividends.

We are still in active communication with ASICMINER, please be patient,and we will update in time if we get any new information.

AMHash Team

I think it´s a reasonable demand that these self-appointed judges of others and saviors of people from themselves disclose their identities. I´m sure their spotless records in this world will enhance their credibility and dissolve any speculations about their real agenda.

The people asking for money should be the ones disclosing their identities.

Yeah, that´s exactly what extortionists and other criminal garbage would just love them to do. And so they´re constantly whining about just that.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

The people asking for money should be the ones disclosing their identities.
I was aware of the existence of this tmph whatever guy for all of five seconds and it´s already out my other ear. Bye forever.
Why are you so angry with us? You can't honestly believe we are a team of expert blackmailers that are capable of shutting down any legit business we choose.

You invested in a blatant scam, we pointed out why it's likely a scam, it turned out to be a scam, therefore it's our fault? Because you didn't listen?

Please just grow up, educate yourself, and stop blaming others for your poor investment decisions.

He is just bitter because he was been exposed and now is finding it harder to promote scams for ponzi affiliate money.

He is better off closing his account, starting over, and raising his ethical standards than continuing to cry about people with common sense pointing out red flags to warn potential victims.

Haven´t been promoting any ponzi affiliate or whatever you want to call it and am not aware that I´ve been exposed in any way. You seem totally out of it with your fabrications. But of course the mentality is in line with those whose asses you kiss here that goes without saying.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
mental case.  lowlife.
fucking moron.
moron
Learn to read
peabrain
mental cases
fruitcakes
obsessive-compulsive cases.

LOL but......these people weren't the ones who bought fake, shit, "cloud mining" contracts. You were.

The strain of it all appears to be getting to you, you're retreating into dust induced paranoia. That other ponzi guy, Spanish Harlem/German Panzer whatever, dusted off your favorite quote for you, you know, the fantasy one without a shred of evidence to back it up.
Like the sort of business you invest in.

One thing is filing a complaint, another is accusing a company of being a ponzi, and randomly trashing its reputation when no harm was done; and even worse - non customers randomly trashing a business around and ruining its reputation - thats sabotage.

Keep doing what you are doing and you will end up with a self fulfilling prophecy, roaming around forums and posting false acusations on a business will destroy its reputation and scare away customers, and this will ultimatelly kill the business, it dies and yes if it died it must be a scam... sheesh

I´m totally done reading these people or communicating with them in any way whatsoever. And that´s forever.

Bye.
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
Why are you so angry with us? You can't honestly believe we are a team of expert blackmailers that are capable of shutting down any legit business we choose.

You invested in a blatant scam, we pointed out why it's likely a scam, it turned out to be a scam, therefore it's our fault? Because you didn't listen?

Please just grow up, educate yourself, and stop blaming others for your poor investment decisions.

He is just bitter because he was been exposed and now is finding it harder to promote scams for ponzi affiliate money.

He is better off closing his account, starting over, and raising his ethical standards than continuing to cry about people with common sense pointing out red flags to warn potential victims.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Not reading this mental case. This whole blackmailing gang has the exact same bitter and condescending tone. Most likely they all got fucked over by the same guy. Or they are the same lowlife.

Not reading this mental case. This whole blackmailing gang has the exact same bitter and condescending tone. Most likely they all got fucked over by the same guy. Or they are the same lowlife.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

How exactly would disclosing those identities help here? Are you confused about who's taking your money and whose credibility you want to be concerned with?

How exactly would disclosing those identities help here? Are you confused about who's taking your money and whose credibility you want to be concerned with?

Get reading lessons you fucking moron.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Pages:
Jump to: