Pages:
Author

Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁ - page 93. (Read 361355 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
added hashcoin, didnt know their service was up for sale already. Some red flags I encountered:
- as mentioned above, user selectable pool requires undisclosed fee and its not even clear you can direct your entire hashrate
- No internal pool info or blockchain evidence that Ive seen
- pictures show generic datacenter but no miners whatsoever
- linkedin profile CEO suspicious, endorsements from coworker (who is listed as CEO in other company), company profile shows only 1 employee..
Ive also seen some of those profile pics before, but cant remember where.
- Unclear what asic supplier they use. If hashfast, lack of endorsement might be understandable, but where are they going to keep sourcing chips?

Its not a clearcut 100% scam, but the above should be enough to avoid it until they provide more compelling evidence.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
hashcoin != hashfast

Hashcoin is a fairly shady company that sold/sells some 2 chip miners based on hashfast chip and makes promises (and sells) some larger miners with specs that cant be real (Ill believe 1TH/S and 0.6J/GH from a hashfast GN chip when I see it). Id be very wary of their cloudmining offering.

+1 the website says you can change pools (and they charge extra for this service)
I just received an SP31 from SP-Tech and it's pulling 0.53w/GH - this is tech which a full year more advanced than the golden nonce.

i agree, the entire hashcoin thing reads like a stinking scam.
legendary
hashcoin != hashfast

Hashcoin is a fairly shady company that sold/sells some 2 chip miners based on hashfast chip and makes promises (and sells) some larger miners with specs that cant be real (Ill believe 1TH/S and 0.6J/GH from a hashfast GN chip when I see it). Id be very wary of their cloudmining offering.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
There is hashfast cloud Mining starting 20 december and i am already in since 10 days.

do you have a link for this?

cloud.hashcoins.com

Pools selection and instant payments. So I am in 20 % ghash.io, 40% btcguild, 40% eligius.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
ActionCrypto.com ★ Bitcoin Binary Options
All of them are scams. What's so hard about hodling Bitcoin? Any time you give someone your Bitcoin, you just begin begging for it back.

ya this is the truth
numerous of cloud mining websites today
but turning scam within a month
legendary
Knc may have the hash but they'll scam you six ways from Sunday before you get paid

Ive seen no evidence of that, if you are talking about their cloudmining. Got a link for me?

KnC is hated/distrusted and deservedly so for the stunts they pulled off selling hardware. I added a remark reflecting that, but I cant score their cloudmining offering any different than I did based on what I know about it. Doesnt mean I think you should mine there (or anywhere).
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Knc may have the hash but they'll scam you six ways from Sunday before you get paid
legendary
Ok. Yeah I should rephrase that parameter. Basically if I am unable to compare sold hashrate with provably deployed hashrate, or in some other way can have confidence they are not doing "fractional reserve mining"  I count that as a point.
Just stating they are out of hashrate from time to time isnt nearly good enough in that regard.

As illustration, I know bitfury/ cex.io  has an enormous amount of real hashrate, no one doubts that. But they also sold an enormous amount via cex.io and partners. I cant compare them, or even distinguish miners that just use ghash.io pool from their own machines,   so that gave them a point.

OTOH, KNC, we know they have a huge datacenter and its pretty much impossible they sold more than a fraction of that via knccloud. Hence, no points there.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
It is like this for about three weeks now (not to talk about X11 which is "available soon" since about three months)

Not sure what you are trying to say.

I was referring to point number (4) of the list:

"4) Open ended IPO
Unless the cloud mining is operated by the asic vendor himself, you can not sell an unlimited amount of hashrate. Hardware takes (usually a long) time to order, arrive and deploy. Any company that doesnt limit sales or make public how much hashrate they sold vs what they have (provably) deployed should be considered extremely suspicious. "

Just wanted to point out that they did not sell scrypt for 3-4 weeks. FWIW. Maybe I did not understand the point (4) though.

Thanks for the list!
There is hashfast cloud Mining starting 20 december and i am already in since 10 days.

do you have a link for this?
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Hi puppet.
First thx for your list.

But i have an idea to made your list clearly.  Can you pls made 2 list: one with the services that payout and another list of services which already collapsed. I think we have a better view in the lists. And i probably think that in the future the list of the collapsed services grow...
legendary
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
kNCloud?
Google even doesnot find it........and this should be legal?
Activity: 266
You find them under the list with the others that I havent yet formally rated. Looks suspicious (probably 4 or 5 points), but Id need to investigate further
I saw that but I just think maybe you had a decision so far.  Thanks
legendary
You find them under the list with the others that I havent yet formally rated. Looks suspicious (probably 4 or 5 points), but Id need to investigate further
Activity: 266
What do you think about https://hashprofit.com ? Is it legit ?
legendary
I started a signature campaign to promote this thread and push back a tiny little bit against the ponzi's:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/signature-campaign-earn-10th-worth-of-cloudy-mining-and-01-btc-bonus-888864
legendary
It takes one click to oversell and instant ponzi

True, but a real company with real people and real assets would then be taking a real risk, financially and potentially even facing jail time. Its possible of course, see MtGox, but its not equally likely to happen as with these anonymous copy/paste scams. I hope Im not implying any of these companies is somehow 100% trustworthy, no company or person ever is. You could one day run away with an escrow,  but that doesnt mean you are as likely to scam someone as, say, Dank,
Pages:
Jump to: