Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★★★★ [COIN] ★★★★★ - page 10. (Read 40877 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 19, 2014, 01:15:58 PM
adding exchanges voting into OP -done..
I do no see the voting! Have you really added it into OP?
Please also add exchanges which are coming soon (see one of my prior posts).

I swear I have clicked that save button Smiley
ok, now it's added for sure

coin-project:
Please also add CoinMarket.io https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422726.2560

If we can get on the exchange just by posting our interest to the thread, we should do it!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 19, 2014, 01:10:03 PM
Diff is growing by the way. Will see if it is really a trend.
March 19, 2014, 01:05:42 PM
Hey all we have added COIN to our "Get Listed" program.

You get one free vote per day, once your coin reaches 100 chances(votes) you are automatically entered into our random coin selection with those 100 chances or however many chances you have.  The chances roll over from week to week, you can buy additional chances by donating .001BTC to the exchange. 

We're excited for our first drawing @ 8PM UTC Wednesday, should be fun!!

Vote daily Smiley   https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin
Dear @chiznitz, thank you for posting your message here. We will hopefully try to participate, but can you please describe how your random generator works?

I would propose an approach like: we take a hash of every 200th BTC block, use such and such function to convert this hash value to a floating point number [0..1]. Then we sort out participating coins alphabetically. Every participating coin is then adjusted an interval [a..b] which is proportional to the number of votes the coin has. Intervals go in order and the union of these intervals is [0..1]. If the found number is in a coin interval the coin wins.

If you use somethink like rnd() function to choose a winner then... You know, to convince people you have a really fair random system it should be organized in a way I proposed. It should be random, but everyone should be able to check proof the outcome. Noone knows the hash of the next block to be found. But once it is found everyone can check it. And it is random. As we know the rate of BTC block generation you can list a new coin pair when every 200th (for example) BTC block is found.

We will be exporting the chances into a txt file, so if your coin has 100 chances you will see 100 lines with the word "COIN" on them.  We will then paste that list into the random list selection tool at random.org and we'll press randomize.  The coin that lands at spot 1 will be the winner.  Random.org has explanations of how they do their random selection, you can't really get any better than what they are already doing.  We've already tested live stream for this as well so hopefully that all goes well Smiley, we'll post the link on the page soon
If you mean this service:

http://www.random.org/lists/

then they have a limit imposed on the number of lines - 10000. Total number of votes (for all coins) can reach millions. How you gonna solve this? And this approach is still not really public. There is no way to check proof the outcome. And there is no trusted 3rd party that can confirm the result. But thanks for your post anyway.
March 19, 2014, 12:54:02 PM

But we can arrange a polling. @coin_project, can you please add a poll at the top of our thread with a question like this "Please mark 3 exchanges that you would like to see COIN to be listed in" (everyone can mark 3 exchanges). We will calculate the amount of votes in a week (two weeks) and decide which one to choose. The exchanges list is (in alphabetical order):

• Atomic Trade
  • BTC38
  • BTC-E
  • BTER
  • Coined-Up
  • CoinEx
  • CoinMarket.io
  • Coins-E
  • CryptoAltex
  • Crypto Rush
  • Crypto-Trade
  • Cryptsy
  • DGEX
  • MasterXchange
  • mcxNOW
  • MintPal
  • OKCoin
  • Poloniex
  • Ripple Charts
  • SwissCEX
  • Vircurex

coin-project. Could you please create our first poll as vilgem suggests?  Smiley
I think we should continue trying several exchanges in parallell like we do now, but if we get to the stage where we choose to put BTC into our votes we really need a clear focus!
March 19, 2014, 12:43:03 PM
Hi Guys,
CoinMarket.io has a thread on bitcointalk where new coins can be suggested.
Please leave a message to have their attention! You can see my reply on the link below:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422726.2560

Cool.  Smiley
I can see some of you have posted already. To the rest, please post your interest while we have the momentum!
March 19, 2014, 12:07:16 PM

First, I agree with vilgem - we should show some dynamics on thread title and come up with more attracting motos from time to time, demonstrating that things are moving around here. Emphasize that it's still quite easy to mine the hell out of COIN is a must - as I said before, we need more mined coin to help reduce the premine weight.

that's not a matter, every day there is ~1440 blocks so 1,440,000COIN newly minted regardless of hashrate. Bigger hashrate will help to distribute COIN better, even is distributed trough exchanges as well.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
March 19, 2014, 12:00:07 PM

You get one free vote per day, once your coin reaches 100 chances(votes) you are automatically entered into our random coin selection with those 100 chances or however many chances you have.  The chances roll over from week to week, you can buy additional chances by donating .001BTC to the exchange. 

Dear @chiznitz, thank you for posting your message here. We will hopefully try to participate, but can you please describe how your random generator works?

I would propose an approach like: we take a hash of every 200th BTC block, use such and such function to convert this hash value to a floating point number [0..1]. Then we sort out participating coins alphabetically. Every participating coin is then adjusted an interval [a..b] which is proportional to the number of votes the coin has. Intervals go in order and the union of these intervals is [0..1]. If the found number is in a coin interval the coin wins.

If you use somethink like rnd() function to choose a winner then... You know, to convince people you have a really fair random system it should be organized in a way I proposed. It should be random, but everyone should be able to check proof the outcome. Noone knows the hash of the next block to be found. But once it is found everyone can check it. And it is random. As we know the rate of BTC block generation you can list a new coin pair when every 200th (for example) BTC block is found.

We will be exporting the chances into a txt file, so if your coin has 100 chances you will see 100 lines with the word "COIN" on them.  We will then paste that list into the random list selection tool at random.org and we'll press randomize.  The coin that lands at spot 1 will be the winner.  Random.org has explanations of how they do their random selection, you can't really get any better than what they are already doing.  We've already tested live stream for this as well so hopefully that all goes well Smiley, we'll post the link on the page soon

Thanks chiznitz Smiley!
March 19, 2014, 11:52:47 AM

I swear I have clicked that save button Smiley
ok, now it's added for sure
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
March 19, 2014, 11:47:47 AM

March 19, 2014, 11:28:46 AM
March 19, 2014, 11:23:30 AM
Just for reference: Radeon R9 270(x) graphics card (~ 470 KH/s) owners can mine up to ONE BLOCK PER HOUR at the moment.
Just for reference: Radeon R9 290 graphics card (~ 860 KH/s) owners can mine up to TWO BLOCKS PER HOUR at the moment.

hummm, this worries me.
I have an r9 280x , close to 630 KH/s, but I'm not getting 1,5 block worth ....

Any sugestions?
You should get about 30 blocks per day if your cgminer shows you 630 KH/s. You should take an average into account. You won't have exactly 1.5 blocks every hour. But you should get ~100 blocks per 3 days. But if (when) Diff increases you will get less of course.
March 19, 2014, 10:34:31 AM
Well, here's another take on the moto:

"Drop the BTCit, get into COIN"

it would go better if we had a symbol for COIN, but you get the ideia Wink
But we have Smiley
It's ₡

but I had no clue how to get it in here and use Tongue noob  Lips sealed
now I'll just copy it Wink

And so it is:

"Drop the BTCit, get into ₡OIN"

I see what you did here Cheesy bitCOIN COIN Cheesy LOL I get it now Cheesy

so, I'm back.. what we have here?
I see some serious buy orders at c-cex, few ideas regarding title..

I noticed few good ideas earlier, I'll review last posts a bit..
and yeah, Shuxy, your dice game look neat. Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 19, 2014, 10:27:07 AM
Just for reference: Radeon R9 270(x) graphics card (~ 470 KH/s) owners can mine up to ONE BLOCK PER HOUR at the moment.
Just for reference: Radeon R9 290 graphics card (~ 860 KH/s) owners can mine up to TWO BLOCKS PER HOUR at the moment.

hummm, this worries me.
I have an r9 280x , close to 630 KH/s, but I'm not getting 1,5 block worth ....

Any sugestions?
March 19, 2014, 10:25:07 AM

But we have Smiley
It's ₡

but I had no clue how to get it in here and use Tongue noob  Lips sealed
now I'll just copy it Wink

And so it is:

"Drop the BTCit, get into ₡OIN"
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 19, 2014, 09:37:06 AM
You can also vote for COIN @ https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin !!
March 19, 2014, 09:34:26 AM
March 19, 2014, 09:14:46 AM
@coin-project,

we need to add a section on the first page with a list of exchanges where people can vote for COIN. It will help us to organize things. Like

Exchanges coming soon (PLEASE VOTE)
Crypto Rush https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote
MintPal https://www.mintpal.com/voting
CryptoALTeX https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin
March 19, 2014, 09:06:02 AM
Just for reference: COIN is added in the MintPal voting list.
March 19, 2014, 08:56:47 AM

But we have Smiley
It's ₡
March 19, 2014, 08:21:17 AM