Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★★★★ [COIN] ★★★★★ - page 7. (Read 40877 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
March 21, 2014, 02:55:56 AM
Anyone know a good reference guide for coin daemon RPC functions? I've figured out how to use livecode to open a socket to RPC server but unsure how to format a string to make queries to it, like getinfo, etc.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

Have fun Smiley

Thanks, looked at that page earlier, too. Having trouble with my query string, how to structure it with username:pass in order to authenticate and pass a query. I'll figure it out, though. May actually adapt some pieces of MPOS to function as a wrapper anyway. The goal is to be able to make simple games work with any coin easily. It'd be cool to have a few games to gamble a few Coins on!

NOOOOOOO Sad. Let me complete my dice game first! Tongue
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
March 21, 2014, 02:44:14 AM
Hi, newbie here. mind if i ask a stupid question?

P2Pool vs MPOS Pool

which one is better to mine if i got low hashrate, let's say like 250~330 KH/s Huh

right now i'm mining on P2Pool, but it looks like i'm getting fewer Coin than mining on MPOS Pool.
Hi @cinming, nice to meet you here! If your hashrate is around 300 KH/s you will be able to find around 12 blocks per day. I think it is still good for solo mining but your earnings may not be smooth. The easy formula to calculate the estimated number of blocks is:

Nblocks = 0.02 * KHrate / Diff

where KHrate is you hash rate in KILO-hashes and Diff is the current network difficulty. You may check the current network difficulty in your wallet console by typing in getinfo command.

The block reward is 1000 now and for the next three months. So, to calculate your income just multiply the above formula by x1000:

PerDayIncome = 20 * KHrate / Diff

Keep this in mind!

Thanks vilgem for answering, sorry for the late response,

Vilgem, what is the meaning of Nblocks on the formula ? is it the number of blocks i can find within a certain time or hourly?

Let's say that on my average 250KH/s condition, that will be :
NBlocks = 0.02 * 250 / 0.64581773 (Difficulty i checked on 10.15 AM UTC +7 time) >>> 7.742122533551378 Blocks

As for the Per Day Income formula, i should have :
PerDayIncome = 20 * 250 / 0.64581773 >>> 7742.122533551378

based on above statistic, i should have mined more than 3500 Coin if i mine on P2Pool on 12 hours of mining since the diff is less lower. but i only manage to mine less than 1000 Coin that 12 hours. Not to mention the blocks i found (or it's my bad luck i don't hit on a block?)

Is there something wrong with me??
NBlocks is the approximate number of blocks you will find on a daily basis (solo mining) if Diff will remain more or less stable. The both formulas work for me with some precision. If do not know much about P2Pools but what I heared is that you should mine for at least for 24 hours to start getting good shares. Blocks do not matter if you use P2Pool. You will get your shares based on your hashrate (total contribution to the network). If a node in P2Pool network finds a block it is shared by all P2Pool miners proportionally to their hashrate over some time period. PerDayIncode formula should give you estimated income value for any kind of mining (solo/P2Pool/MPOS). It will be working for the next several months until the block reward will be decreased to 900.

wow, thanks alot for the explanation vilgem. i guess i will try for solo mining then. hopefully it will give me better result than MPOS mining. Cheesy
You should find about 7-8 blocks daily. But this doesn't mean you will find such number of blocks. It can be 2-3. It can be 10-12. But if you take your monthly avarage it should give you 7-8 blocks. 250 KH/s is not really good for solo-mining with out current Diff. And I expect that Diff will increase significantly in a week (may be even less). It is steadily increasing. Did you try an MPOS pool? Guys, do we have an MPOS pool which provides at least 3 Mh/s of total hashrate?

My pool, at http://coin.fedaykin.us is an MPOS pool, right now we're running about 3.5MH. Why don't you give us a shot?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 21, 2014, 02:37:20 AM

P2Pool vs MPOS Pool

which one is better to mine if i got low hashrate, let's say like 250~330 KH/s Huh

right now i'm mining on P2Pool, but it looks like i'm getting fewer Coin than mining on MPOS Pool.
Hi @cinming, nice to meet you here! If your hashrate is around 300 KH/s you will be able to find around 12 blocks per day. I think it is still good for solo mining but your earnings may not be smooth. The easy formula to calculate the estimated number of blocks is:

where KHrate is you hash rate in KILO-hashes and Diff is the current network difficulty. You may check the current network difficulty in your wallet console by typing in getinfo command.

The block reward is 1000 now and for the next three months. So, to calculate your income just multiply the above formula by x1000:

Keep this in mind!

Vilgem, what is the meaning of Nblocks on the formula ? is it the number of blocks i can find within a certain time or hourly?

NBlocks = 0.02 * 250 / 0.64581773 (Difficulty i checked on 10.15 AM UTC +7 time) >>> 7.742122533551378 Blocks

based on above statistic, i should have mined more than 3500 Coin if i mine on P2Pool on 12 hours of mining since the diff is less lower. but i only manage to mine less than 1000 Coin that 12 hours. Not to mention the blocks i found (or it's my bad luck i don't hit on a block?)

NBlocks is the approximate number of blocks you will find on a daily basis (solo mining) if Diff will remain more or less stable. The both formulas work for me with some precision. If do not know much about P2Pools but what I heared is that you should mine for at least for 24 hours to start getting good shares. Blocks do not matter if you use P2Pool. You will get your shares based on your hashrate (total contribution to the network). If a node in P2Pool network finds a block it is shared by all P2Pool miners proportionally to their hashrate over some time period. PerDayIncode formula should give you estimated income value for any kind of mining (solo/P2Pool/MPOS). It will be working for the next several months until the block reward will be decreased to 900.

wow, thanks alot for the explanation vilgem. i guess i will try for solo mining then. hopefully it will give me better result than MPOS mining. Cheesy
You should find about 7-8 blocks daily. But this doesn't mean you will find such number of blocks. It can be 2-3. It can be 10-12. But if you take your monthly avarage it should give you 7-8 blocks. 250 KH/s is not really good for solo-mining with out current Diff. And I expect that Diff will increase significantly in a week (may be even less). It is steadily increasing. Did you try an MPOS pool? Guys, do we have an MPOS pool which provides at least 3 Mh/s of total hashrate?
March 21, 2014, 02:27:32 AM
Guys,

I need your help on something. It is a community thing.
The mintpal exchange has a voting system that allows every registered user that has done minimum one trade, to place 5 votes pr. hour.
This mean YOU could potentially place 35 votes each day on COIN if you just manage to vote 7(x5) times a day. Voting is done really fast, you just press Vote outside COIN, and see the counter counts up. As mentioned you can do 5 times each hour.

Advantages:
- List is accumulating. It will not reset. Your votes will never be wasted.
- When we are in the top 10, we are exposed to lots of people every day. It is like an advertisement on their site.
- Eventually we can get listed on one of the top 5 exchanges.

We need to get started, and we need to do it, and we need to do it regularly.
I have started. I even paid 0.01 BTC to get COIN far away from the pathetic bottom position with 0 votes.
But this is not about paying it is about a commitment to COIN by voting, and doing regularly. I expect your participation.

ATM you can find COIN with 125 votes: https://www.mintpal.com/voting
You need about 100000 votes to be chosen as a winner. Even if 20 people will EVERY DAY do 35 votes as you suggest it will take 5 months to get there. I'm afraid the only possibility to be listed in MintPal is to buy votes. But here is an interesting thing I noticed. At the moment PopulaceCoin (POC) (never heard about it) is on the first position with 70845 votes. I checked its BTC voting account - only 1.19919376 BTC were donated. It is equal to 11992 votes. Where the hell do another 70845 - 11992 = 58853 votes come from? Ordinary votes? Lets assume POC community does not sleep and vote 5 x 24 = 120 votes per person per day. This is 490 man-days. This is just IMPOSSIBLE. I think we should contact MintPal owners directly, probably there is "another possibility" to get COIN listed on their exchange.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
March 21, 2014, 02:24:23 AM

P2Pool vs MPOS Pool

Keep this in mind!

Activity: 42
March 21, 2014, 01:43:56 AM
Fell asleap last nigh with laptop in my lap.. playing with LiveCode. Didn't used it before, it seams nice..

Trying to prepare COIN for services.. I'll have  a free weekend and we really need to get one more major exchange for services to be ready to accept COIN. Lots of exchanges now asking "votes", even major ones. We'll see what is  best option for us, and should make some kind of action plan for this new situation..
Activity: 17
March 21, 2014, 01:30:14 AM
what do you think? it's the work from same artist that made the logo?
For me it's clean and simple.. just like COIN Smiley

http://i.imgur.com/EnbOAvM.png

Love the clean look !!!
March 21, 2014, 01:07:09 AM

P2Pool vs MPOS Pool

Keep this in mind!

Activity: 27
March 20, 2014, 11:28:36 PM

P2Pool vs MPOS Pool

Keep this in mind!

March 20, 2014, 07:41:39 PM
Anyone know a good reference guide for coin daemon RPC functions? I've figured out how to use livecode to open a socket to RPC server but unsure how to format a string to make queries to it, like getinfo, etc.

Have fun Smiley

Thanks, looked at that page earlier, too. Having trouble with my query string, how to structure it with username:pass in order to authenticate and pass a query. I'll figure it out, though. May actually adapt some pieces of MPOS to function as a wrapper anyway. The goal is to be able to make simple games work with any coin easily. It'd be cool to have a few games to gamble a few Coins on!
March 20, 2014, 07:05:10 PM

Clean, I like it Smiley!
March 20, 2014, 07:03:59 PM

Have fun Smiley
March 20, 2014, 06:32:49 PM
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 20, 2014, 06:16:34 PM
coin-project, it could have been you writing this down Cheesy

http://www.cryptoscribe.com/market-trends/premature-multi-listing-destroys-new-coin-prices/

"...stability and steady growth are crucial. If a store is thinking about accepting ABC coin for payment, they will likely want to know that it won’t lose a ton of value by the time they go to exchange a day (or week, or month)’s worth of earnings to cash. If an individual is thinking about storing some of their money as crypto, they want to know that in a few months when they decide to tap into it to buy something, it will not have lost value (hopefully it will even have grown in value.) Sharp sudden crashes in value make the coin look too dangerous to many. This is a HUGE part of why crypto currencies have not been more widely adopted thus far.

So the next time you see someone pushing for people to help get a coin listed on more exchanges than it is already on, instead of just blindly jumping on the bandwagon, perhaps point out that the coin is not ready for the kind of price pressure that will result. It will help dramatically with the coin’s survival, and thus your long-term profits."

One of the things I love about COIN it that this pressure to get into exchanges is very well balanced Smiley (and here I go gain, scraping up some more undervalued COINS from c-cex Wink )

Cheers everyone! It's the best coin I have been involved with (pun intended Wink )
March 20, 2014, 05:40:08 PM
I'm playing around with some stuff on a VM, trying to make a very simple web based betting game that lets you gamble coins.. Livecode may indeed have some potential for *coin projects!
March 20, 2014, 04:26:57 PM
Hey, I've got a question for people here. Anyone use LiveCode? I'm pretty good with LiveCode, I was thinking about making up a sort of framework that can interface with *coin daemons and use the RPC. With that in place, tons of games (gambling) can be easily made up and ran with LiveCode server. Anyone know of any similar projects or is a LiveCoder?

In case anyone doesn't know of it, LiveCode is a descendent of the old school Macintosh's Hypercard, an extension of Hypercard's HyperTalk scripting language, but is completely cross platform thanks to RunRev. You can make stacks for the runtime program or even stand-alone executable apps that run in Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS. Pretty awesome, and VERY easy to learn.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 20, 2014, 04:03:27 PM

Perfect!
March 20, 2014, 03:32:23 PM
what's next? coinmarketcap asking "votes" for listing? coinwarz?
every exchange is doing it now, even cryptsy.. it's very lucrative to list coins now days.
maybe github will do it too..

Nevertheless, as long as it is free it can be used as a good test for how dedicated a community is to have their coin on the exchange. As I wrote on my post above, I hope everyone will participate in this simple voting task. We need a second place to trade, and preferrably one of the major exchanges.  Smiley
March 20, 2014, 03:10:09 PM
what's next? coinmarketcap asking "votes" for listing? coinwarz?
every exchange is doing it now, even cryptsy.. it's very lucrative to list coins now days.
maybe github will do it too..
March 20, 2014, 03:09:30 PM

I like it. Thumbs up from me!
Pages:
Jump to: