Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase is overstepping the bounds we should give it regarding Bitcoin XT - page 6. (Read 6618 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
Again, I fail to see the hostility behind people freely moving away. If there is hostility then it is coming from you.

Then why the constant posting by you (as a shill) about this?

If people freely wanted to move away then they wouldn't need you to push them would they?

I consider lengthily debate as a good thing but at some point it has to come to an end. Some businesses have put december as a deadline and all the people that want to move away are waiting for that deadline to move at the same time which is natural.

The situation is now this, some people considered the status quo as a consensus and firmly sit on it. while in fact, it is not. Now those on want to move are about to make a move because the other side is taking advantage of the status quo and are unwilling to give an inch, in a timely matter. Ignoring the "time" variable is where you people failed at reaching a consensus. There is still a month remaining though so the ball is in your camp.

We don't wanna play bals with you shills.

I'm afraid December will come and you parasites will hang around without ever admitting your crushing defeat

One thing is for sure, you won't succeed at forcing your useless small blocks on the market.

They haven't been forced on anyone. The fact is, there is currently consensus for 1MB blocks. There is not yet consensus in the wider community for BIP101. The fact that Coinbase is trying to force XT and BIP101 on everyone is grossly out of place.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
One thing is for sure, you won't succeed at forcing your useless small blocks on the market.

The small blocks are the "current thing" so they are not something that is to be "forced upon anyone" (they are the current situation).

This is typical "double-speak" from a shill (if you don't want to be so obvious a shill then improve your attacks).
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
Again, I fail to see the hostility behind people freely moving away. If there is hostility then it is coming from you.

If people freely wanted to move away then they wouldn't need you to push them would they?

I consider lengthily debate as a good thing but at some point it has to come to an end. Some businesses have put december as a deadline and all the people that want to move away are waiting for that deadline to move at the same time which is natural.

The situation is now this, some people considered the status quo as a consensus and firmly sit on it. while in fact, it is not. Now those on want to move are about to make a move because the other side is taking advantage of the status quo and are unwilling to give an inch, in a timely matter. Ignoring the "time" variable is where you people failed at reaching a consensus. There is still a month remaining though so the ball is in your camp.

I'm afraid December will come and you parasites will hang around without ever admitting your crushing defeat

Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

legendary
If china doesn't follow (which I would be surprised) there will be new pools and fresh new hashrate to get that money. So no, it does not worry me.

So you have shown you don't get it at all - China *leads* and *you follow*.

If you don't follow then you simply "fork off".

Funnily enough China is not the country trying to introduce a corporate takeover of Bitcoin and introduce blacklists, etc. only the US is trying to do that (it seems that China actually *gets* Bitcoin but the US does not).
legendary
--------------->¿?
Hashrate will follow where the money is. I am not worried about that.

You don't seem to understand - China is where the money is (am guessing you must be American as only Americans would make such stupid statements).

If china doesn't follow (which I would be surprised) there will be new pools and fresh new hashrate to get that money. So no, it does not worry me.
legendary

You don't seem to understand - China is where the money is (am guessing you must be American as only Americans would make such stupid statements).

legendary
--------------->¿?

You know what is the funniest thing - you don't have any Chinese exchange on your side.

The Chinese are actually smarter than Americans and they know exactly how to screw Americans which is why they don't take your side.

They are going to wait and see and then "fuck you up".

legendary

You know what is the funniest thing - you don't have any Chinese exchange on your side.

The Chinese are actually smarter than Americans and they know exactly how to screw Americans which is why they don't take your side.

They are going to wait and see and then "fuck you up".

(Americans seem to forget that they can't threaten China at all)

Personally I am looking forward to December to see that you guys will fail and then will re-announce you are going to try the same shit next year (and you'll fail then also).
legendary
--------------->¿?

legendary

legendary
There's a reddit post linking to this thread so we can have some further analysis on reddit as well as some more opinions.

-edit-: it was downvoted into oblivion.

I'm interested to see how reddit will respond though as it seems there's been a lot of circlejerking there on /r/bitcoin with anti-theymos things leading to heavy pro-XT feelings. That's not how discourse should go and it's leading to Coinbase having way too much power.
legendary
--------------->¿?
Yeah sure, but don't you want to be informed of the situation so you can make the right decision when that happen? You and everybody here.

What exactly do you think I am not "informed about" - the hostile takeover attempt or something else?

And it won't succeed as people like me are going to keep attacking you until you lose (this forum is no friend of mine as @theymos deleted his trust to me and BadBear won't remove the negative trust he gave me that makes me look like a scammer but still I will keep up this fight).

legendary
We do need to increase the block size if bitcoin is to be used widely and as money remittance tool. 1MB will not be enough later next year. How many people support BIP100?

You base this upon what analysis?

The blocks are not nearing 1MB apart from spam attacks (probably organised by those trying to push for bigger blocks).

Bitcoin has *failed* to make any impact on the remittance market whatsoever (despite that being the #1 thing it should be doing) and you can't blame that on the block size.

Perhaps you could do some actual research before you post nonsense?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
We do need to increase the block size if bitcoin is to be used widely and as money remittance tool. 1MB will not be enough later next year. How many people support BIP100?
legendary
Yeah sure, but don't you want to be informed of the situation so you can make the right decision when that happen? You and everybody here.

What exactly do you think I am not "informed about" - the hostile takeover attempt or something else?
legendary
I don't disagree with BIP101 and consensus for it leading to a change.

Neither do I and BIP101 has little support.
legendary
--------------->¿?
Peolpe freely moving away are not forcing you anything. I am not sure why you feel that way.

People (which apparently you can't spell) will move away without requiring your shilling.

legendary
So you want to force poeple down your path? What a nice person you are. But no, poeple won't use bitcoin as is if it doesn't fit their needs. I am not sure why it makes you mad.

It is only you that are supporting "forcing people down a path".

I don't care whether block sizes get bigger or not as long as it is agreed by the miners.

Peolpe freely moving away are not forcing you anything. I am not sure why you feel that way.

But the only "people" freely moving away are the large companies like Coinbase who are trying to effectively force the masses to move over by giving them no other option. I disagree with XT and these kinds of things, I don't disagree with BIP101 and consensus for it leading to a change.
legendary

People (which apparently you can't spell) will move away without requiring your shilling.
Pages:
Jump to: