Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 49. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
yeah i was going to say i think there is one around -  hopefully it would work , be good to see it get up there !

Well - with these coins I need either the full mathematical formula for figuring out the reward or an API-type ability to retrieve it from a site somewhere - any thoughts?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
yeah i was going to say i think there is one around -  hopefully it would work , be good to see it get up there !
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
I run one at http://bot.webboise.com:2760/chain/Bottlecaps

It's a PPcoin/NovaCoin fork. Not sure how that affects reward/difficulty. I know my BitGem explorer gets wonky by reporting diff at 0 on proof of stake blocks, and via the API/ Not sure if you handle that gracefully if it happens when you query.
Sal are you looking at adding BOT ?

its on Cryptsy - and it will help people gauge profitability - i just want to help the guys out a little here . 

Is there a block explorer?
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
Sal are you looking at adding BOT ?

its on Cryptsy - and it will help people gauge profitability - i just want to help the guys out a little here . 
PWC is removed from CC.  The first casualty in the great coin wars of 2013.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Sal, I see PWC at your site, please read this

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2562906

coin was attaked and trades stopped

More precisely, it reappeared at crypsy ... but is not really traded anymore.
 From crypsy :

PWC is no longer traded on Cryptsy due to an attack on the coin. However, Cryptsy is offering to buy your remaining PWC balance on Cryptsy at the price of 0.00000400 BTC each, which is in the range it was trading before the attack. See more info here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2562906
Activity: 303
Sal, I see PWC at your site, please read this

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2562906

coin was attaked and trades stopped
Yep - I neglected to see it is like BitBar.  Until I can find the calcs, like I have with BitBar, it is removed from CoinChoose.
Activity: 126
more than the volume, in the case of bitgem the reward per block is not correct.

It isn't 3 BTG per block anymore, it's dynamically adjusted and is around 0.3 per block these days.
Activity: 356
Are you going to be implementing anything based on volume.

Currently BitGem is a great example of a coin that is sitting on the top which is great to know. What is being hidden is that the calculations are based on practically minimal volume.

Is there anyway you could sort the coins into three categories of high volume mid volume low volume? Otherwise you're just encouraging people to mess with your charts by making these pump/dumps and shooting to the top for publicity. I think a top spot should be earned.

Yes - the exchange rates are based on volume (it isn't just the open orders but a look into the market a bit more).  However, I have been told there are issues with BitGem in general so I am disabling it.

yeah the reward appeared to be off last I saw it.

What kind of volume is it based on out of curiosity? 1btc?

Currently BitGem is a great example of a coin that is sitting on the top which is great to know. What is being hidden is that the calculations are based on practically minimal volume.

Is there anyway you could sort the coins into three categories of high volume mid volume low volume? Otherwise you're just encouraging people to mess with your charts by making these pump/dumps and shooting to the top for publicity. I think a top spot should be earned.

Yes - the exchange rates are based on volume (it isn't just the open orders but a look into the market a bit more).  However, I have been told there are issues with BitGem in general so I am disabling it.
Activity: 356

legendary
Activity: 1064
I guess this is what I get when I decide to sleep in one mourning.

The traffic and I/O pattern just before CCE server 1 went down follows the pattern that happens during an attack.

Add to the list of things to add during the explorer rewrite   Cheesy

Anyway, all the explorers are back up.

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Looks like dreameatchers block explorers are down, so that is why BtB and NVC are missing.  Bytecoin's block explorer is also down.

Feathercoin having problems again?  Shocked
Looks like dreameatchers block explorers are down, so that is why BtB and NVC are missing.  Bytecoin's block explorer is also down.
Activity: 158
Hm, noticed a while back that suddenly the list of coins was becoming shorter and shorter (down to 5 was what I saw), then starting growing again, but right now I still see NVC and BTB missing. Is/was this intentional, or will they show back up?
Can we expect to see Bytecoin again, now that it is tradeable at cryptsy?

Thanks!
Mike
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Thanks for the clarification. I'll just go with "ratio" and allow users to specify their own bias relative to BTC.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Adjusted profitability is the profitability adjusted for what I anticipate will be stales (as compared to the base currency).  From some testing, faster block coins have more stales, so this is an attempt to smooth this out.

Hey sal, how exactly is profitability adjusted? I assume there's no way to determine the actual % stales in a network right? So do you just have some sort of formula based on network hashrate, block targets etc.?

Also, is the adjustment 'factor' static for each currency, or will it also adjust to increases in hashrate for example?
Hi, Sal002
Your JSON API is just what I was looking for!
I plan to implement miner profitability grouping in the next version of my Bitcoin Miners in Tray GUI and was looking for a convenient place to read profitability info from. I came across you site in a round-about way through dustcoin's thread Smiley
Could you, please, tell me what is the difference between "ratio" and "adjustedratio" in the JSON object?
I'll send you a donation once I have implemented miner profitability grouping in my program.

Adjusted profitability is the profitability adjusted for what I anticipate will be stales (as compared to the base currency).  From some testing, faster block coins have more stales, so this is an attempt to smooth this out.
Pages:
Jump to: