Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 58. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
You could have a script mirror the data to somewhere that no DDOS has a hope of touching... like a google spreadsheet, or a (sub)reddit wiki....

Then there would be no point in continuing the DDOS, when it's common knowledge where the backup is.

This may be a good idea as well since Google already has DDOS protection in place. I believe you can send an api call to google docs spreadsheet.  Never tried it though.
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
somehow I predicted this about a month ago... hopefully he will get the site back up and better then ever...

its not bad I guess, its dustcoin minus a few features. But meh...

Try not to use coinchoose as a data source - single point of failure - short term not so bad just cache his data?  long term is bad very bad (if he decides to close permanently your stuffed)

If coinwarz enabled api, that would remove the single point of failure.

The post from a month ago was not directed at miners using the data for auto switching.

It was for a site (http://www.minetips.com) that was using coinchoose data.

I agree that if there was multiple sites with APIs this would be the only easy way for redundancy.
somehow I predicted this about a month ago... hopefully he will get the site back up and better then ever...

Try not to use coinchoose as a data source - single point of failure - short term not so bad just cache his data?  long term is bad very bad (if he decides to close permanently your stuffed)

If coinwarz enabled api, that would remove the single point of failure.
Activity: 721
Merit: 523

Try not to use coinchoose as a data source - single point of failure - short term not so bad just cache his data?  long term is bad very bad (if he decides to close permanently your stuffed)

I can understand certain people being angry with the service that coinchoose provides. But it does no good to simply DDoS coinchoose but not touch coinwarz or even dustcoin.  

Eventually the DDoS will either stop, or will move to those sites as well.  

Dustcoin sucks compared to coinchoose because it doesn't track many of the newer alt coins.  Coinwars is useless for scripting because it doesn't have an API.   So, coinchoose was the bullseye target.
Either do something that doesn't cause some idiot to do a DoS or some technical protection.  We have CloudFlare but don't pay for the full service which has DoS protection.

You may need to setup api activation up as a service (or setup the whole site as a service) and then you could make the revenue to put your site under DDOS protection.  I would donate 0.05 bitcoins a month.   I'm sure you have more than 40 users.  

This is how mining pools are able to afford DDOS protection, they make revenue.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
You could have a script mirror the data to somewhere that no DDOS has a hope of touching... like a google spreadsheet, or a (sub)reddit wiki....

Then there would be no point in continuing the DDOS, when it's common knowledge where the backup is.
I'm sorry, I thought it was pretty clear. Which part do you not understand?

Let me ask a question...

Do you think the miners job is to mine and hold the coins? Are they not allowed to profit from the work they do to secure your pick of the week CrapCoin? How long should a miner hold on to the CrapCoins he has mined before he can sell them?

LOL.  Damn right!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
WOW I like the price adjustment for stales !

That was the trigger for the attacks.
Activity: 177
We are under a DoS right now.  Idiots.  As a result, site is down and likely will be done forever

You must be doing something right to get negative attention. It'd be a shame to see this gone forever, but I'd totally understand.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Either do something that doesn't cause some idiot to do a DoS or some technical protection.  We have CloudFlare but don't pay for the full service which has DoS protection.

Right $200 for a month.

If we get the $200, will you throw it behind that tier for a month.
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Lol someone got their panties in a wad.
Activity: 154
imagine all the babies crying right now because of this
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I actually paid to have coinchoose shutdown.  Just rasing capital to shut down the rest.  make people work for their mining Wink  I want to be able to mine them all when the diff is low and the hash is nil.  More coins for me bitches! Cheesy

*Just joking of course*
Activity: 319
I'm sorry, I thought it was pretty clear. Which part do you not understand?

Let me ask a question...

Do you think the miners job is to mine and hold the coins? Are they not allowed to profit from the work they do to secure your pick of the week CrapCoin? How long should a miner hold on to the CrapCoins he has mined before he can sell them?
thank god this site is being attacked! maybe people will stop pumping and dumping  Roll Eyes
If you don't want your coins mined, then shut them down. Just because some twerp script kiddie wanna be hacker can DoS a site, won't prevent miners from looking at the financials and deciding what coin will bring him the most money. It's called Capitalism, and won't go away.

There are two kinds of people in the Alt-Markets, speculators and miners. If the Alt-Coin can't handle the flux of miners in and out of mining their coin, then it was based on bad concepts to begin with, and deserves to die a slow death. Speculators are the ones whining about miners mining the best coins at any given moment, get over it. New coins need the miners WAY more than the miners need the CrapCoins.

what?
Activity: 319
thank god this site is being attacked! maybe people will stop pumping and dumping  Roll Eyes
If you don't want your coins mined, then shut them down. Just because some twerp script kiddie wanna be hacker can DoS a site, won't prevent miners from looking at the financials and deciding what coin will bring him the most money. It's called Capitalism, and won't go away.

There are two kinds of people in the Alt-Markets, speculators and miners. If the Alt-Coin can't handle the flux of miners in and out of mining their coin, then it was based on bad concepts to begin with, and deserves to die a slow death. Speculators are the ones whining about miners mining the best coins at any given moment, get over it. New coins need the miners WAY more than the miners need the CrapCoins.

I can understand certain people being angry with the service that coinchoose provides. But it does no good to simply DDoS coinchoose but not touch coinwarz or even dustcoin.  

im sure it's coming their way also
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

Pages:
Jump to: