Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 59. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
How much extra is that service?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Either do something that doesn't cause some idiot to do a DoS or some technical protection.  We have CloudFlare but don't pay for the full service which has DoS protection.
What do you need to be DoS resistant?
We are under a DoS right now.  Idiots.  As a result, site is down and likely will be done forever
CoinChoose has been down for a while today.
Activity: 252
Is it possible to have each network hashrate on there?
+1, this would be excellent
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
Can you add coin calculator to coinchoose? Right now i have to check coinchoose then go to coinwarz to see how many coins I can mine a day. Maybe you could do a collaboration with coinwarz where they give u a widget to be placed on ur site.

I am sort of working with wheretomine.com right now to provide that as they use my raw numbers.  CoinWarz.com is a bit slower on its pricing / currency updates and hasn't smoothed out TRC. 

+1 Smiley
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
WOW I like the price adjustment for stales !

TY

Is it possible to have each network hashrate on there?
I'd like to see where the mining trends are going

ty

Have you tried 1034core/1500memclock for scrypt? That's what got me to 730-740 per 7970...

Sal. Can't keep chart sorted by "Adjusted Profitability". When I sort by highest AP, it reverts back to high to low via normal profitability... Any insight?

I am still not happy with the Google Visualization Table that is being rendered here as it is and am looking at replacing it.  I believe now on  data refresh of the table it just reloads completely, but there must be a way to have it keep your sorting.  I will investigate.
Can you add coin calculator to coinchoose? Right now i have to check coinchoose then go to coinwarz to see how many coins I can mine a day. Maybe you could do a collaboration with coinwarz where they give u a widget to be placed on ur site.

I am sort of working with wheretomine.com right now to provide that as they use my raw numbers.  CoinWarz.com is a bit slower on its pricing / currency updates and hasn't smoothed out TRC. 
Activity: 435
Activity: 263
I like helping people
Is there a public, web accessible block explorer for AMC?

Looks like they added one to their resources page, links to http://pool.amccoin.com:2751/
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
This still needs to know "OUR" hash-rates...

There is no "standard" for hash-rate conversion from sha-256 to scrypt...

EG, My equal hash-rates for one (wattage - target @ 680w x3 7970's) yields 1950MHs for sha-256, and 1550KHs for scrypt. (Just can't seem to break that limit on scrypt.)

However, now, with all the new ASIC's coming to the real-world... That won't take long to be a useless calculation, as almost all sha-256 profits will be falling sharply compared to scrypt. But I still feel that critical comparison is more relevant than any pre-calculated average you may get as an individual.

Also, knowing the "spot-price" of anything is irrelevant to "rolling-average"... Including the "difficulty", not just the "price". (Difficulty on "new coins", jumps around a lot, with everyone switching to what they believe is "profitable", based on this horrible calculated information.)

Love the fullness of the charts though! Now you need a pool-contact list for each coin. One that shows pool-info like bitcoin pool-stats does. One per pool, and perhaps a "per coin" value to show "volume of miners", mining each coin. (supporting each coin.) If you have an API from each pool, that is not hard to calculate. Just ask someone, or a few of us... for validation of others api-info.

Have you tried 1034core/1500memclock for scrypt? That's what got me to 730-740 per 7970...

Sal. Can't keep chart sorted by "Adjusted Profitability". When I sort by highest AP, it reverts back to high to low via normal profitability... Any insight?
Activity: 504
This still needs to know "OUR" hash-rates...

There is no "standard" for hash-rate conversion from sha-256 to scrypt...

EG, My equal hash-rates for one (wattage - target @ 680w x3 7970's) yields 1950MHs for sha-256, and 1550KHs for scrypt. (Just can't seem to break that limit on scrypt.)

However, now, with all the new ASIC's coming to the real-world... That won't take long to be a useless calculation, as almost all sha-256 profits will be falling sharply compared to scrypt. But I still feel that critical comparison is more relevant than any pre-calculated average you may get as an individual.

Also, knowing the "spot-price" of anything is irrelevant to "rolling-average"... Including the "difficulty", not just the "price". (Difficulty on "new coins", jumps around a lot, with everyone switching to what they believe is "profitable", based on this horrible calculated information.)

Love the fullness of the charts though! Now you need a pool-contact list for each coin. One that shows pool-info like bitcoin pool-stats does. One per pool, and perhaps a "per coin" value to show "volume of miners", mining each coin. (supporting each coin.) If you have an API from each pool, that is not hard to calculate. Just ask someone, or a few of us... for validation of others api-info.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
IMHO block rates are not the most important factor to be worrying about in calculating true profitability.  Not saying it is irrelevant, but for me it is not the biggest issue.  Right now for me coinwarz is the best site, but ALL the mining info sites are still lacking one thing I would like to see...

As a miner I find that profit factor "right now" in such a volatile market is pretty much useless.  What's the point of mining whatevercoin at 150% profitability if that 150% is going to drop to 40% in less than 12 hours?  Not to mention the price went down 80% from where it was 12 hours ago and now I'm lucky to even sell the coins at all.  This makes the "150% profit factor" a complete sham.  The reason Coinwarz is superior is the fact that it provides an indication of how much the difficulty and price fluctuate.  This at least helps a miner make a more intelligent decision about what to mine...because if I see a coin at the top of the list with 150% profit factor but a wildly fluctuating difficulty and price, I stay away.  This is why I mainly stick to mining Novacoin...even before I discovered Coinwarz (just a few days ago)...because the difficulty and price seem to stay more stable.  Without any real numbers on LONG TERM AVERAGE profitability, I am just guessing...so NVC is the safest bet, other than BTC or LTC of course.

What would make coinchoose #1 imho?  Having an AVERAGE PROFITABILITY stat...say for the last 14 days or 30 days or whatever.  Coinwarz shows averages for difficulty and price, but it still involves a fair bit of guesswork to find the most stable profit...or at least which of the newer coins has a better average than the others.  I know, I know, the chart on coinchoose shows historical data...but first, it is not an average (though it could be used in a similar fashion to the coinwarz averages, if you could read it)...second, you can't read it.  There are so many lines on the chart it is illegible.  Third, it is only 24 hours...which is useless.  Even if you took the existing chart format and used a longer time period and maybe split all the coins into individual charts or 4 or 5 coins per chart (so you could read the damn thing), would be very useful.  But I think even better would be to have some way of ranking by average profit factor over a longer time period.  Then the user can choose whether to mine for "Ms Right" or "Ms Right Now"...or "Ms Right Now Adjusted".   Grin
No worries.  anyways, adding AMC, HYC and FST. 
legendary
Activity: 954
Merit: 1000
I am open as more analysis comes into play to adjust how I am universally applying this stale rate calc Smiley.  I shouldn't have halved the block reward, but I thought someone from WDC was telling me to do it Smiley

I apologize if I seemed like I was coming across as someone from the WDC dev team... I definitely have no relation to their team. I had seen that link to the WDC forums this morning, either from a trollbox or a forum, I forget which, and was asking if we had already taken it into account, especially because it was saying that coinchoose was severely overstating values.

I have no intention of coming across as being someone from ANY dev team for ANY coin... I definitely do not know the inner workings of coins enough to be able to even consider trying to suggest improvements to a coin, much less program changes. So if for some reason you took my post as representing a member of the WDC dev team, I sincerely apologize.
Pages:
Jump to: