Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 54. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
My TRC difficulty is smoothed out based on an average over a recent timeframe (been awhile, but I believe last hour).  TRC moves soooo quickly that any instant snapshot based on the blockchain data will be wrong in the next minute (and certainly before the block is mined).  That is why my data differs - as the blockchain data moves too quickly on this coin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Is it me or are the difficulty ratings and thus the profitability ratios off significantly for some coins?  Looking at TRC, coinchoose.com was reporting 42k, but the blockchain was reporting difficulty in the teens...around 10-20k.  Ideas on this?  I am guessing that I'll just have to start calculating my own profitability ratios. This isn't the first time I saw this either.

TRC is notoriously finicky o these kind of sites, not sure what makes it so hard to API scrape and readjust more often for this one.
Activity: 267
Is it me or are the difficulty ratings and thus the profitability ratios off significantly for some coins?  Looking at TRC, coinchoose.com was reporting 42k, but the blockchain was reporting difficulty in the teens...around 10-20k.  Ideas on this?  I am guessing that I'll just have to start calculating my own profitability ratios. This isn't the first time I saw this either.
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
Profitability w/ stales! - awesome! Thanks!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 281
The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.
GldCoin's difficulty has yet to be adjusted.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Hello, could Feathercoin be readded please?  I believe the attacks are almost finished.

It is readded.
Activity: 71
Hello, could Feathercoin be readded please?  I believe the attacks are almost finished.
Activity: 1162
Sal, how do you calculate "Profitability % Adj for Stales"?

Thanks for adding this by the way. It's very helpful! I was always wondering why minging DGC was actually less profitable than it should be. Now I know (huge stale rate).
erk
Activity: 826
I do like the new columns that have been added recently, Profitability % Adj for Stales,  Avg Profitability Past 7 Days , and Network Hash Rate are all much more useful than just the old spot price probability rating.

Added historical charts for Litecoin and expanded the display to be 48 hours.  Now to add filters...
For Worldcoin adjusted profitability:

With the new higher difficulty, and somewhat stable hashrate, we are now seeing anywhere from 75%-95% of a return on estimated rewards. This number fluctuates mostly on network hashrate and a few other factors.

The WorldCoin dev will be releasing a patch to help with some of the mining parameters. We are waiting for the patch before we release any official numbers.

Sal, currently on coinchoose.com, we are at 67% adjusted profitability. I think a more fair number, for now would be around 80%, up to you Smiley.

-Thanks
DEC

I will look at how I derive that number today.  It was based on earlier calcs, but perhaps it needs an adjustmet.
Looks like Cryptsy listed MEC, Megacoin. perhaps you could add to the profit charts? see if were overpaying for it?

Thanks!

I need a blockexplorer, if possible.
Activity: 84
For Worldcoin adjusted profitability:

With the new higher difficulty, and somewhat stable hashrate, we are now seeing anywhere from 75%-95% of a return on estimated rewards. This number fluctuates mostly on network hashrate and a few other factors.

The WorldCoin dev will be releasing a patch to help with some of the mining parameters. We are waiting for the patch before we release any official numbers.

Sal, currently on coinchoose.com, we are at 67% adjusted profitability. I think a more fair number, for now would be around 80%, up to you Smiley.

-Thanks
DEC
Activity: 154
Looks like Cryptsy listed MEC, Megacoin. perhaps you could add to the profit charts? see if were overpaying for it?

Thanks!

+1
Activity: 205
Cheif Oompa Loompa.

Thanks!
If the site is attacked again - it is replicated over here - http://choosecoin.appspot.com/.  Note the different URL for the API.
DoS attack again, but should be back up in a few minutes (waiting for DNS update).  WIll do a bit of creative work tonight to make this DoS resistant.
Activity: 1162
I usually use coinchoose and like it a lot. Accidentally I saw Feathercoin is on 340% on coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency !

Why is FTC missing from coinchoose?

There was a 51% attack and I was concerned that people would mine it but not get the resulting profitability due to slower confirms, etc.  I will add it back, but took it off as a precaution.

OK, thanks for thinking ahead!

I guess it's save now since the hashrate is so high (some pools shows 6000 MH/s).
Pages:
Jump to: