Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 63. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Question is - what is "high volume" Smiley

So, this week I will start storing order volume - and then will daily look back and determine the volumes.  I'll come up with the calc to divide between the charts, but may be next week before fully implemented, as I just don't have the data right now.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
True - still need a great dividing line so no one accuses me of bias.

This has been one of my issues for awhile.

When I first started up the second server for CCE I was going to have two home pages.One for coins on the first server which would have been for the  more established coins and the second page/server for the new or dying coins.

Then I thought about for about 30 seconds and decided that I really did not want to deal with the trolling/whining/crying/complaining of which coins went where.

Now I am faced with the same issue, so many new coins and requests to put them on CCE, what dividing line decides what gets added,stays and goes ?

don't decide - just decide a certain volume amount and if its in the "high volume" its there , if its in "mid volume" its there , if it has consistently under a certain min limit for orders , so for example 2 order in a week - it goes to "graveyard" - people will love that - how can you whine if your currency is simply not being traded?

don't move them manually - just set a code , and move them in the same way they reorder right now, no one is going to cry if they are in mid instead of top - if your currency has what it takes , get it there. 

if not....

when people whine just direct them to here :

<<
FUCK OFF YOU BITCH STOP CRYING. 

see all fixed !

: D

Sal you can pick the names and make it more fun if you like, knida like "A Grade"  "B Grade" - or "Grave yard"

id do that personally , but then i like to watch cat owning grown men bitch and whine sometimes.

(no offence if you own a cat , lovely animals they are. )

legendary
Activity: 1064

This has been one of my issues for awhile.

When I first started up the second server for CCE I was going to have two home pages.One for coins on the first server which would have been for the  more established coins and the second page/server for the new or dying coins.

Then I thought about for about 30 seconds and decided that I really did not want to deal with the trolling/whining/crying/complaining of which coins went where.

Now I am faced with the same issue, so many new coins and requests to put them on CCE, what dividing line decides what gets added,stays and goes ?

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Seems you just need a new column for 'trade volume' and let people establish their own cut offs.  Also trade volume needs to be ralative to actual coin production.  If a coins is under the target hash rate and is producing only a fraction of the target rate but they are all being sold then this is perfectly able to be mined and fully liquidated, hash-rates can be ignored for the individual miner but volume is a network wide phenomenon.  In fact you can have a column for block rates as a percentage of target to show which coins are perhaps being over or under mined, together this would give a miner a lot of relevant data.
legendary
Activity: 1073
sal002 Sent you a PM regarding the MinCoin Update.
‘Try to be nice’
I tend to ramble so here again:

[just for the others that don't read the rest of the topic i know you saw it sal.]

make a 3 Tabs at the top of the page .

and split them basically into volume -

1. high volume

2. low volume

3. Graveyard

its completely fair that way.

Then the site will look nice a neat - have the high volume tab load by default . users can click the low volume and graveyard tab if they want.

** you will find that the dead currencies will slower and slower in trading , then you could move the ones that consistently don’t have a buy or sell order  to tab - Graveyard.

this way your home page will always look nice and neat and the graveyard will fill up with Hazards coins.

the other genius point about it is you won't piss anyone off ,and/or lose traffic , even the most addicted Alt-addict can come to your site and set the gravyard to thier home if they want.

kind of what Cryptsy just did.
Activity: 319
If I am going to split out - I need a quantifiable method for separating the currencies.  Is trade volume a good indicator or is there something else I should factor in?

yeah that was the key to my suggestion - if you can gain more space = gives you more room to do everything . better charts , less clutter . = better user experience.

hmm I think volume and price .
Yeah, look at depth of price. I've noticed on the crap coins, they have one buy order for 1-10 coins at a high price, and then the price drops way down, by a factor of 10 sometimes. Not sure what would be a good depth price, maybe 500?
‘Try to be nice’
If I am going to split out - I need a quantifiable method for separating the currencies.  Is trade volume a good indicator or is there something else I should factor in?

yeah that was the key to my suggestion - if you can gain more space = gives you more room to do everything . better charts , less clutter . = better user experience.

hmm I think volume and price .
Yeah - switched to Google's Visualization for Highcharts...may switch back, but at least was able to get JSON to load.
Activity: 252
Clarity in the graphs! very nice, although currently there is no off state of the square when clicking each currency

um... its not turning off anymore, maybe coders at work
I think that is a good idea - working on a few other aspects first, though. 
‘Try to be nice’
Sal

How about this:

make a Tab(S) at the top of the page .

high volume

low volume

Graveyard

and it helps traders as well - you can keep everything exactly as it is that way - but just split them on volume - then if a currency suddenly gains volume for a consistent amount of time have it move auto from one Tab to the next tab you can screw around with all those parameters.

Then the site will look nice a neat -(more room for your ads) (and you could make all those icons bigger !!!1) have the high volume tab load by default . users can click the low volume and graveyard tab if they want.

** you will find that the dead currencies will slower and slower in trading , then you could move the ones that consistently don’t have a buy or sell order  to tab - Graveyard.

this way your home  page will always look nice and neat and the graveyard will fill up with Hazards coins.  the other genius point about it is you won't piss anyone off ,and/or lose traffic , even the most addicted Alt-addict can come to your site and set the gravyard to thier home if they want ha ha .(have that page fill down the screen- break it with more ads)  < thanks i'm a genius. i know.

** if people try to manipulate thier alt by putting in small orders to get volume up - just adjust you threshold param< so that they have to spend signifigant cost in fees to do that. < = pointless for a dead currency.

‘Try to be nice’
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
It was due to the new API and now all coins are back.  
you rock!
‘Try to be nice’
premier league lol yeah that's excatly what i was thinking when i came up with it . ha ha

TY.
Activity: 492
Sal

How about this:

high volume

low volume

Graveyard

and it helps traders as well - you can keep everything exactly as it that way - but just split them on volume - then if a currency suddenly gains volume for a consistent amount of time have it move auto from one Tab to the next tab you can screw around with all those parameters.

Then the site will look nice a neat -(more room for your ads)  have the high volume tab load by default . users can click the low volume and graveyard tab if they want.

this way your home  page will always look nice and neat and the graveyard will fill up with Hazards coins.  the other genius point about it is you won't piss anyone off ,and/or lose traffic , even the most addicted Alt-addict can come to your site and set the gravyard to thier home if they want ha ha .(have that page fill down the screen- break it with more ads)  < thanks i'm a genius. i know.

** if people try to manipulate thier alt by putting in small orders to get volume up - just adjust you threshold param< so that they have to spend signifigant cost in fees to do that. < = pointless for a dead currency.

^This. 100%. High volumes would be like blue chips or premier league. I'm never for banning or ignoring any coin, markets will sort out bad from good apples by themselves. Otherwise we're no different from govs and central banks..
‘Try to be nice’
 Sal

How about this:

high volume

low volume

Graveyard

and it helps traders as well - you can keep everything exactly as it is that way - but just split them on volume - then if a currency suddenly gains volume for a consistent amount of time have it move auto from one Tab to the next tab you can screw around with all those parameters.

Then the site will look nice a neat -(more room for your ads) (and you could make all those icons bigger !!!1) have the high volume tab load by default . users can click the low volume and graveyard tab if they want.

Pages:
Jump to: