Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinGator - page 6. (Read 20318 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 251
May 29, 2013, 05:37:55 PM
P.S. Please stop "smothering" Bitinstant. I just can't stand bullies.  Cry

Oh, you're a Bitinstant shill.  Now I get it.  Bitinstant has given plenty of reason for people to attack them.  They deserve to be smothered, because they are a proven ponzi scheme.  They were given a chance, and they have shown themselves to be scammers.  Coingator, as of this moment, has not.

Since you don't understand sarcasm, how can I expect you to understand the concept of "anonymous = trustless"?

Anonymous cannot be trustless, or no one would ever transfer a single bitcoin to anyone else.  So, your argument is false on its face.  No one would ever exchange goods or services, or sell or buy Bitcoins, because either you have to send BTC first, or they have to give you the goods/services/money first.  Either way, there is trust involved. If you use an escrow service, there is trust involved there.  Economies, regardless of the means of exchange, do not exist without trust.  It's obvious that you have chosen not to trust Coingator.  That doesn't mean that you are correct, or that your opinion should be posted all over their thread in the absence of any kind of proof that they should not be trusted.  Again, this is nothing more than old-fashioned bullying.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
May 29, 2013, 05:32:12 PM
Randomly pulling "180 days" out of the PayPal terms of service as it applies to account closures and suggesting that somehow it applies to payment reversals seems to me misguided or maybe even a bit disingenuous.
If you're actually being serious with this statement, it proves you have no experience working with Paypal and people should not take your seriously.

The last guy I warned on the forums said "blah blah I know more than you matthew blah blah I am legit blah blah". His "business" went out of "business" 2 months later because Paypal closed their account for selling bitcoins. Get a fucking clue. If you're looking to be a reliable and invaluable service to the bitcoin community, stop using Paypal.

May 29, 2013, 05:29:51 PM

Oh, you're a Bitinstant shill.  Now I get it.  Bitinstant has given plenty of reason for people to attack them.  They deserve to be smothered, because they are a proven ponzi scheme.  They were given a chance, and they have shown themselves to be scammers.  Coingator, as of this moment, has not.

Since you don't understand sarcasm, how can I expect you to understand the concept of "anonymous = trustless"?
May 29, 2013, 05:24:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
May 27, 2013, 09:35:28 AM
Thanks for resizing the timer (still not sure what you're timing) but that is much better.
May 29, 2013, 05:14:58 PM
That lame excuse doesn't pass the smell test.

1) Difficulty of creating a bitcointalk.org forum account: Instant and easy
2) Difficulty in finding a photo online of some dude in college and saying you are him: Instant and easy.
3) Difficulty in creating an additional account and repeating #1 and #2 and calling said account a "partner": Instant and easy.
4) Difficulty in coming up with a name for a company that isn't registered anywhere in the world and only referenced in posts here: Instant and easy.
5) Difficulty of creating a Paypal account with fake but passable identification: Instant and easy
6) Difficulty in reversing transactions through Paypal: Instant and easy, with a small waiting time to have resolution department confirm violations in TOS for both parties

Benefit to scammer: 100%+ profit with a potential 6 months waiting period on account funds to be released to them
Benefit to consumer: up to -100%

"Smothering" them? Get a clue. They cannot be a legitimate or honest business until after this amount of days has passed:

Again, I guess I just don't like loud-mouthed bullies.  Now you're trying to bully me because I have simply stated that they shouldn't be attacked unless they give a reason to be attacked.  Once a bully, always a bully.
May 29, 2013, 05:12:44 PM
legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
May 27, 2013, 09:12:09 AM
My only suggestion would be if you could make the timer a little bigger.  Grin
May 29, 2013, 05:06:33 PM

I never said they did, I posted some links to warn newbies about trusting strangers with a sketchy reversible payment system. You have a problem with warning newbies about sketchy reversible payment systems? Why would anyone who isn't a sockpuppet shill of the OP have a problem with people practicing safer transactions on the internet with complete strangers when it's been proven that there are now the following days left before we could even *begin* to trust them?

I think the owners would probably verify that I have nothing to do with the site, and I don't know any of the people involved.  I only stumbled across this thread because someone suggested that they might bulk buy some coins from me and I was doing some research on them (they refused the bulk purchase btw - before I ever posted in this thread).  

I don't have a problem with people being cognizant of risks.  I do have a problem with people being unfairly and prematurely attacked - you are trying to smother them before they start.  I guess I just dislike bullies.
May 29, 2013, 04:48:54 PM

I never said they did, I posted some links to warn newbies about trusting strangers with a sketchy reversible payment system. You have a problem with warning newbies about sketchy reversible payment systems? Why would anyone who isn't a sockpuppet shill of the OP have a problem with people practicing safer transactions on the internet with complete strangers when it's been proven that there are now the following days left before we could even *begin* to trust them?

legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
May 27, 2013, 09:02:07 AM
The feedback seems entirely positive.  I want to echo johnniewalker - it wasn't my intent to criticize the CoinGator folks.  I wish you the very best, and I think it's fantastic that you're working to provide a much-needed service.  I truly hope that it works out well in the long term.

We appreciate your encouragement and will work to improve the service daily. Litecoin is being added this week.
May 29, 2013, 04:38:38 PM

Not a single one of those links points to a story where the end user's account is being shut down.  Looks like Paypal is shutting down a handful of business accounts that were engaged in the business of selling bitcoins due to the predictably high chargeback rate.  However, in this case chargebacks won't be an issue for the end users unless this business is dishonest, and there is no indication that they are at the present time.
May 27, 2013, 09:17:50 AM
We're making all payments using our account balances so I'm not sure that your timer is accurate.
If those balances are paypal balances, my timer is most accurate.

My only suggestions would be if you could make the timer a little bigger.  Grin

It's the default size but I can resize it if you'd like. How's this?

legendary
Twitter @realmicroguy
May 25, 2013, 11:02:07 PM
It has been very helpful to study the concerns expressed in this thread.

We have not approached this business model lightly. It is our hope and intent to provide an honest and reliable service to the bitcoin community. We understand that we're operating in a highly turbulent time. There are risks and we remain diligent and highly motivated to fully understand and mitigate those risks.

I can ensure you of this fact: our customers are, and always will be, our top priority. We appreciate the words of encouragement and will do our best to stick around and serve the growing bitcoin community.
May 27, 2013, 09:09:20 AM
The feedback seems entirely positive.  I want to echo johnniewalker - it wasn't my intent to criticize the CoinGator folks.  I wish you the very best, and I think it's fantastic that you're working to provide a much-needed service.  I truly hope that it works out well in the long term.

We will see in 180 days. It seems fine now.

Let the record show.

Timer removed. End time: 2013-11-23+7:09:59

until any judgement can be made against CoinGator for their *first* of potentially many transactions.

Until then, any and all feedback are absolutely pointless, especially positive feedback.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
May 27, 2013, 05:13:06 AM
The feedback seems entirely positive.  I want to echo johnniewalker - it wasn't my intent to criticize the CoinGator folks.  I wish you the very best, and I think it's fantastic that you're working to provide a much-needed service.  I truly hope that it works out well in the long term.

We will see in 180 days. It seems fine now.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
May 26, 2013, 07:46:52 PM
The feedback seems entirely positive.  I want to echo johnniewalker - it wasn't my intent to criticize the CoinGator folks.  I wish you the very best, and I think it's fantastic that you're working to provide a much-needed service.  I truly hope that it works out well in the long term.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
May 25, 2013, 09:15:26 PM
I'm interested to see how you operate. I don't mean that I doubt you operate an honest business, I just mean that (from experience) there is absolutely NO way to safely exchange bitcoins for PayPal and vice-versa.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
May 25, 2013, 01:24:21 AM
I just tried the service. I didn't expect to get it right away because it's late and a weekend. It only took a few minutes after my BTC TX got confirmed to get the money in my PayPal account.
Pages:
Jump to: